Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to see more camera angles as that view for the faster car doesn't help too much with putting the slower car in context.

Good runs though just goes to show how vital it is for the M3 to be in the right gear.

Find it funny you questioning the other results those when yours mimic them. Even your spin as well as being in the wrong gear and not being able to catch up.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    z06 should have started in 1st in the 40mph roll but after the shift to 2nd the M3 would start waving goodbye. Great kill. I think the tables will turn once he does headers/intake/tune but with your meth it may be a great neck&neck race.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Awesome vid

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Zim has an awesome coolingmist setup based off boost (progressive controller)...I will be installing an aquamist setup based off boost as well. Were only running 7psi and not tuning for it so any generic kit should work, but I prefer the PWM HFS-4. The Vortech V3 is pre tapped already so its as easy as removing the screw with an allen key and putting the nozzle in there.
    I have it dialed in to perfection Click here to enlarge afr's are @ 11.4-12.3 in 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th 10.9-11.6 in 5th 6th and 7th all the way up to 205mph and intake temps don't pass 113f .. With the ESS cars all you want meth to do is keep intake temps down without effecting the Afr targets that the tune is designed for .....
    in return you will get cold weather performance with out heat soaking on warm pavement Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh cool Meth isn't the devil anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Its not the devil when you dont tune for it, but you tune for it and no failsafes are implemented then it can be the devil. There was a kid around this area with a Gintani Stage 2+ kit on his M3, he let the meth tank run empty and didnt fill it up for over a week or two and the engine blew (same kid CJ sold his 700+rwhp mustang 5.0 to before he got his E90 M3, he actually bought the 5.0 to replace the M3 if I recall correctly). There is a huge difference leaving the car at 7psi and running meth to suppress IAT, and running the car at 9-10psi using meth as a bandaid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well put Rick !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its not the devil when you dont tune for it, but you tune for it and no failsafes are implemented then it can be the devil.
    You want to tune for it just like you want to tune for a higher octane file.

There was a kid around this area with a Gintani Stage 2+ kit on his M3, he let the meth tank run empty and didnt fill it up for over a week or two and the engine blew
    Yep, Ricky, he bought my Stage II+ kit. I mean no offense, but if you are running meth and forget to fill up your tank for weeks what are you thinking?

There is a huge difference leaving the car at 7psi and running meth to suppress IAT, and running the car at 9-10psi using meth as a bandaid.
    Bandaid as you termed it is not the amount of boost but using the meth as a fuel source. Suppressing IAT's is one thing but also boosting detonation resistance is another. You can run 9-10 psi with C16 but it isn't realistic hence why meth is popular, especially in the N54 world where they even do use it as a bandaid and for fuel.

I still find it absolutely hilarious what a radical shift has taken place in the S65 world with meth. It honestly makes me laugh at the earlier comments coming from one camp. Now they look like hypocrites, as they should.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
    Well put Rick !
    Do you just blindly agree with people who run the same kit as you? Or do you ever think for yourself?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great race, what was the margin ?
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You want to tune for it just like you want to tune for a higher octane file.
    Yep, Ricky, he bought my Stage II+ kit. I mean no offense, but if you are running meth and forget to fill up your tank for weeks what are you thinking?
    Granted hes an absolute dope for letting it run dry, but this exemplifies my point exactly. If he had the car tuned less aggressively and the boost set to level that was safe to run on pump gas alone, then he would still be driving his car.

You already know this. If you're tuning for meth the car is more prone to having a catastrophic failure if the meth stops flowing, as opposed to running a small enough nozzle which enables you to cool IAT without having an effect on the AFR targets of the pump gas tune (and just reaping the benefits of cooler air). Lets say 7psi on these cars on pump is safe, and 9-10 psi is too much for 93 octane. If were running 93pump+meth and running 9-10psi what is going to happen when the meth stops flowing due to a clog, etc...? The same thing that happened to Drew (blown motor), KiokenM3 (engine damage), and this kid from here (blown motor) [once again this has nothing to do with companies whatsoever, has to do with tuning the car for more boost/etc... than pump gas alone can handle].

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you just blindly agree with people who run the same kit as you? Or do you ever think for yourself?
    Zim has been non-stop dialing in the meth setup on his car the past two weeks and pretty much has it to perfection now. I dont think it has anything to do with having the same kit, its pretty common sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sirex63 Click here to enlarge
    Great race, what was the margin ?
    M3 ahead by a couple cars by 130, and then from there on the M3 walks away pretty hard

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Granted hes an absolute dope for letting it run dry, but this exemplifies my point exactly. If he had the car tuned less aggressively and the boost set to level that was safe to run on pump gas alone, then he would still be driving his car.
    Right, just like someone who has a race gas tune and puts in pump gas would still be driving their car if they put in race gas. It's simple.

You already know this. If you're tuning for meth the car is more prone to having a catastrophic failure if the meth stops flowing,
    This is the same as saying tuning the car for race gas makes the car more prone to having a catastrophic failure. Or putting a supercharger on in the first place makes it more prone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    M3 ahead by a couple cars by 130, and then from there on the M3 walks away pretty hard
    Awesome, is there any heavily modded ZO6 that you can friendly race/test with so we/you can check your car's performance against it ?

On the other hand, you have a beast. Congrats
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East