Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I ordered mine from a place in the UK and they were shipped from Bosch in Germany so it might work out cheaper getting as a company from your own country to do the same.

I bought my post-cat sensors from Amazon.com but for some reason it says on there now that they can't ship to my location Click here to enlarge

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-17098-Oxygen-Sensor-Fitment/dp/B000JZGEWE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343381453&sr=8-3&keywords=17098

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-17099-Ox.../dp/B000JZCYWI

IIRC the Bosch part numbers are 17098 and 17099 but I would check them first.
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Can't you just get these at your local dealer?
    Yes, but 350 dollars here is no hit. I guess it will be half w shipping from US. It is more an annoying thing than the sum itself. I have no problem to pay but want good value for money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Should be Bosch 17098 and 17102. The 17102 is not easily available from Bosch last time I checked. It's specific to the N54 engine only, where the 17098 fits N52 (both banks) and N54 engines (bank 1). This makes the 17098 much cheaper.

The 17098 has a longer wire and different color sheathing than the 17102, but otherwise are the same LSU. To save some $$, I'm going to replace BOTH banks with 17098 and just make sure I don't mix up the wires. I have nearly eliminated the low-load mifires/stumbles my car has been plagued with for a while now. Did plugs, injectors, intake cleaning, and cleaned MAP sensors, all have helped but not eliminated the problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 Click here to enlarge
    I have nearly eliminated the low-load mifires/stumbles my car has been plagued with for a while now. Did plugs, injectors, intake cleaning, and cleaned MAP sensors, all have helped but not eliminated the problem.
    You running a tune? If so, which one?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Procede Rev3, 7/29(2011), 11/1(2011), and 5/23 aggressive beta maps, PWM meth around 60/40. Happens with or without the Procede. Leads me to believe it's lean misfire/stumble from bad O2 sensors. There are no more misfire counters in the factory ECU diagnostics available through Autologic, and the misfire threshholds are turned way down as opposed to diagnostics available years ago (had a new 335i friend/customer that had misfire problems that we COULD see via diagnostics back then). I guess BMW got tired of seeing N54s coming into dealers with misfires and turned down the monitors except in severe cases and deleted them from the diagnostics as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Happens with or without the Procede. Leads me to believe it's lean misfire/stumble from bad O2 sensors.
    Since it happens with or without it I think you are on the right track here.

Let us know what happens with the new O2's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Should be Bosch 17098 and 17102. The 17102 is not easily available from Bosch last time I checked. It's specific to the N54 engine only, where the 17098 fits N52 (both banks) and N54 engines (bank 1). This makes the 17098 much cheaper.

The 17098 has a longer wire and different color sheathing than the 17102, but otherwise are the same LSU. To save some $$, I'm going to replace BOTH banks with 17098 and just make sure I don't mix up the wires. I have nearly eliminated the low-load mifires/stumbles my car has been plagued with for a while now. Did plugs, injectors, intake cleaning, and cleaned MAP sensors, all have helped but not eliminated the problem.
    Great hint with the 17098, thanks Click here to enlarge. It only cost 87 dollars including shipping to Sweden from the US. The dealer here charge 350 dollars Click here to enlarge I've bought on here now at the high price but also ordered one from US for spare.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Procede Rev3, 7/29(2011), 11/1(2011), and 5/23 aggressive beta maps, PWM meth around 60/40. Happens with or without the Procede. Leads me to believe it's lean misfire/stumble from bad O2 sensors. There are no more misfire counters in the factory ECU diagnostics available through Autologic, and the misfire threshholds are turned way down as opposed to diagnostics available years ago (had a new 335i friend/customer that had misfire problems that we COULD see via diagnostics back then). I guess BMW got tired of seeing N54s coming into dealers with misfires and turned down the monitors except in severe cases and deleted them from the diagnostics as well.
    6MT or auto?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Cheers for the right part numbers, 17102 does ring a bell.

I fixed that exact same low load stumbling and roughness with replacing both primary o2 sensors.
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

6MT. Driving around my neighborhood at 25MPH in 3rd is about 1600-1700RPM, and I get a light thump every now and then, same in 6th at 55MPH. Used to be every few seconds, now about every 10-15 seconds if I hold the throttle just wrong - barely open, not accelerating. I'd have to shift into 2nd to get over 2k or shift into 4th and put some load in it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idnan Click here to enlarge
    Cheers for the right part numbers, 17102 does ring a bell.

I fixed that exact same low load stumbling and roughness with replacing both primary o2 sensors.
    Excellent, I'll do that today and report back. Robert at Vishnu told me that Shiv's car needed new sensors at 57k miles, mine has been doing it since about 52k miles, now at 59k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

SUCCESS!

I held off for a few days to see whether the "bumps" at very low load, under 2k RPM were gone. They are GONE. Two new pre-cat O2 sensors cured my ails.

Additionally, I used two of the less expensive Bosch 17098 wideband sensors. Both are LSU 4.9. The only differences between the two sensors are 1) part number, 2) wire length, 3) wire sheath color, and 4) about $93 in price. Label your sensors carefully on both ends (silver and black sharpies) and coil up the excess wire not needed on the bank 2 sensor neatly next to the connector. Easy as pie.

Previous attempts to cure these perceived transient misfires include: new plugs (due for them anyway), checking injector coding in the ECU (no improvement), installing new injectors and coding the ECU properly (50% improvement), removing the tune (no improvement at all), cleaning the TMAP and MAP sensors (25% improvement, surprisingly), and finally pre-cat O2 sensors.
    James Muskopf
    RRT Racing
    2007 E92 335i/6MT Procede Rev3 w/PWM meth, otherwise stock
    E28 M5, R171 SLK320

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

SUCCESS!

I held off for a few days to see whether the "bumps" at very low load, under 2k RPM were gone. They are GONE. Two new pre-cat O2 sensors cured my ails.

Additionally, I used two of the less expensive Bosch 17098 wideband sensors. Both are LSU 4.9. The only differences between the two sensors are 1) part number, 2) wire length, 3) wire sheath color, and 4) about $93 in price. Label your sensors carefully on both ends (silver and black sharpies) and coil up the excess wire not needed on the bank 2 sensor neatly next to the connector. Easy as pie.

Previous attempts to cure these perceived transient misfires include: new plugs (due for them anyway), checking injector coding in the ECU (no improvement), installing new injectors and coding the ECU properly (50% improvement), removing the tune (no improvement at all), cleaning the TMAP and MAP sensors (25% improvement, surprisingly), and finally pre-cat O2 sensors.
    Great news!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Awesome...great info

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@JamesM3M5 , and no changes to WOT behaviour.. I know you mentioned they are the same part but just wanted to check Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12