Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 175
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jhershorin Click here to enlarge
    Hey Guys -

    Me and Dzenan met on a star speckled night at Niagra Falls. Him on the Canadian side, me on the American side...lol

    Anyways - we are really excited to be starting this venture and this group buy will hopefully be as fun for you guys as it will be for us. The best part about being in this position is we still have that passion and momentum as enthusiasts. I've been tuning on other platforms for a pretty long time (professionally and as a hobby) and am excited that this platform has so much to offer.

    For the guys in the mid atlantic and tristate area I am MORE than happy to provide tuning services at a dyno location or instant transport to Mexico roads. I am located in Maryland just outside DC. Through this group buy if there are a collective of guys who can organize something through this group buy - I would be more than happy to come up and make a weekend of it. In my Mazdaspeed days I used to come up and we'd get through a handful of cars one day and hit the dyno the next day. I just really enjoy seeing people enjoy there car more at a hp to dollar ratio even I can stomach!!

    I look forward to working with you guys.
    Cobb pro tune GB in NYC, at $159 or whatever you'll cannibalize the only other pro tuner in this area (EFI). Post it up

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    12.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno,

    Sent you and Jake an email requesting to be put on the e-Tune list.

    Thanks

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ironman1982 Click here to enlarge
    Dzenno,

    Sent you and Jake an email requesting to be put on the e-Tune list.

    Thanks
    Thanks, added to the GB list.
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jhershorin Click here to enlarge
    Hey Guys -

    Me and Dzenan met on a star speckled night at Niagra Falls. Him on the Canadian side, me on the American side...lol

    Anyways - we are really excited to be starting this venture and this group buy will hopefully be as fun for you guys as it will be for us. The best part about being in this position is we still have that passion and momentum as enthusiasts. I've been tuning on other platforms for a pretty long time (professionally and as a hobby) and am excited that this platform has so much to offer.

    For the guys in the mid atlantic and tristate area I am MORE than happy to provide tuning services at a dyno location or instant transport to Mexico roads. I am located in Maryland just outside DC. Through this group buy if there are a collective of guys who can organize something through this group buy - I would be more than happy to come up and make a weekend of it. In my Mazdaspeed days I used to come up and we'd get through a handful of cars one day and hit the dyno the next day. I just really enjoy seeing people enjoy there car more at a hp to dollar ratio even I can stomach!!

    I look forward to working with you guys.
    I should mention J is a stand-up guy. Although, I havent actually had any tuning done by him, I was scheduled to get custom tuning done for the RB's prior to the JB4 release. So I have faith in him and his abilities.

    I wouldnt hesitate sending anyone his way for tuning.

    -Just thought I'd share, not sure if my word still counts for anything since im a traitor driving a supercharged M3 now Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Points
    1,817.5
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Jake -- Sent you an email to your PTF Email Address. Let me know whenever you get a chance, thanks
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    For all of the Nova / Dc people... Mach V and CPE are protuners as well if I am not mistaken although I am pretty much guaranteeing their prices probably won't even be close to the ones offered by Dzenno and Flylow. Fwiw though, those are both great shops with dyno facilities that I am sure could be rented for use for your own custom tune.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Jake -- Sent you an email to your PTF Email Address. Let me know whenever you get a chance, thanks
    Thanks @benzy89. List updated.
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    For all of the Nova / Dc people... Mach V and CPE are protuners as well if I am not mistaken although I am pretty much guaranteeing their prices probably won't even be close to the ones offered by Dzenno and Flylow. Fwiw though, those are both great shops with dyno facilities that I am sure could be rented for use for your own custom tune.
    Indeed. Custom pro tunes start at a bare minimum of 5-600 at most pro tuner shops...bottom line is that they can't/won't do anything other than what we can/will do...possibly quite less as those going with us will have their car taken on the road for street tuning in real off-dyno conditions as well...

    With respect to cp-e, heard nothing but great things..I actually know one guy on this board in this very thread who's done quite a lot of tuning while at cp-e..would the real slim shady please stand up? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Indeed. Custom pro tunes start at a bare minimum of 5-600 at most pro tuner shops...bottom line is that they can't/won't do anything other than what we can/will do...possibly quite less as those going with us will have their car taken on the road for street tuning in real off-dyno conditions as well...

    With respect to cp-e, heard nothing but great things..I actually know one guy on this board in this very thread who's done quite a lot of tuning while at cp-e..would the real slim shady please stand up? Click here to enlarge
    btw...shouldnt it be dzenno@protuningfreaks ? lol

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    With respect to cp-e, heard nothing but great things..I actually know one guy on this board in this very thread who's done quite a lot of tuning while at cp-e..would the real slim shady please stand up?
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    btw...shouldnt it be dzenno@protuningfreaks ? lol
    It should..Jake shouldn't be a "guest vendor" either
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    columbia sc
    Posts
    300
    Rep Points
    1,041.6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    If we are not able to do a Pro tune due to living many states form your area. What should we expect from the e-tunes vs pro tune? I do have a Pro tuner a few hours away is the E-tune going to be comparable or is it wishful thinking on my part.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    GB list updated
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    If we are not able to do a Pro tune due to living many states form your area. What should we expect from the e-tunes vs pro tune? I do have a Pro tuner a few hours away is the E-tune going to be comparable or is it wishful thinking on my part.
    No, not wishful thinking at all.

    Well, in our specific case, eTunes are nearly identical to your tuner shop pro tunes in many ways, many times ending up considerably better in fact. In 99.9% of the cases the shops that do pro tunes include up to about an hour on the dyno to calibrate your car and charge a minimum 3x our price. In the end you end up with the same or possibly quite less. Retunes are a lot more expensive and future support are next to non-existent. Try bringing them your datalogs later and see what they say and if they're willing to spend time talking to you about it or even try to fix it. In our case we're always here to assist and provide advice and feedback and will do retunes for existing customers for a bargain of what a pro tuner shop would charge. In fact, being enthusiasts as well we find some odd satisfaction in looking at datalogs and provide feedback free of charge for those interested regardless of whether they're our customers or not.

    In terms of the overall tuning approach, eTuning is very similar if not the same to your typical 3rd party shop pro tune. In our case local tuning includes street tuning and then going on the dyno optionally to fine tune and obtain a final before/after picture/gains. With the eTune you drive your car in real world conditions (on the road) and nothing is being simulated. Its a strategy very well employed in other aftermarket tuning communities and very well accepted by many. Your datalogs tell the overall health of tune picture and based on it and our experience we can tune for power, response, octane, modifications, conditions. The only thing that you don't get with the eTune is having us in the car physically, when on the dyno, but some (Jake) have even remotely dyno tuned cars in the past by remoting into customers machines Click here to enlarge technology is far reaching these days and eTuning is just taking advantage of it bringing overall cost of service down to the end user.
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NoVA, DC, MD
    Posts
    66
    Rep Points
    405.6
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    If we are not able to do a Pro tune due to living many states form your area. What should we expect from the e-tunes vs pro tune? I do have a Pro tuner a few hours away is the E-tune going to be comparable or is it wishful thinking on my part.
    We are able to dial things just about the same as though we were behind the wheel. In all honesty with the experience Dzenan and I have with this car and using logs we can get damn near close. On other forums and facebook groups I have about 9 cars in the last 2 weeks that I have not ever driven and each one of them was a referral from the other because they enjoyed it so much. Everyone is extremely happy with their tunes. Using the logs allows us to dial in your car specifically. Using your feedback allows us to make it respond to your foot the way you like it to. At the prices we are offering I just can't see a better alternative. The ONLY downside to etuning is that it takes a little more time because we go back and forth over a few days or a week or two getting the logs from you and updating maps. It is done at your convenience and can be done in a saturday if you ahve the time to do many revisions in one day or longer like I mentioned above. Aside from that - the gains will put a smile on your face.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Jake -- Sent you an email to your PTF Email Address. Let me know whenever you get a chance, thanks
    Got your email. We will work around your schedule to make it possible. I love how vocal you are on the boards and can't wait to get your honest opinion of my work. I am an enthusiast at heart. I do neurocognitive/neuropsychological testing and examination for the military / dod for a living so this is my escape Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I should mention J is a stand-up guy. Although, I havent actually had any tuning done by him, I was scheduled to get custom tuning done for the RB's prior to the JB4 release. So I have faith in him and his abilities.

    I wouldnt hesitate sending anyone his way for tuning.

    -Just thought I'd share, not sure if my word still counts for anything since im a traitor driving a supercharged M3 now Click here to enlarge
    I appreciate the remarks. Still bummed we never got to give it a go but life tends to work things out and that supercharger wine probably puts a big enough smile on your face.

    I will check back in the morning. For some reason my account only lets me post once a day now and PM's don't work for me anymore. I don't know if I did something to make Sticky mad? I thought we were always on good terms lol but hopefully we can get that resolved soon.

    You can always reach me via email which dzenan can post for me since it won't let me I guess.

    Anyways guys - I look forward to helping some of you out. I am always happy to answer any questions you may have so don't hesitate to reach out to me.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jhershorin Click here to enlarge
    We are able to dial things just about the same as though we were behind the wheel. In all honesty with the experience Dzenan and I have with this car and using logs we can get damn near close. On other forums and facebook groups I have about 9 cars in the last 2 weeks that I have not ever driven and each one of them was a referral from the other because they enjoyed it so much. Everyone is extremely happy with their tunes. Using the logs allows us to dial in your car specifically. Using your feedback allows us to make it respond to your foot the way you like it to. At the prices we are offering I just can't see a better alternative. The ONLY downside to etuning is that it takes a little more time because we go back and forth over a few days or a week or two getting the logs from you and updating maps. It is done at your convenience and can be done in a saturday if you ahve the time to do many revisions in one day or longer like I mentioned above. Aside from that - the gains will put a smile on your face.



    Got your email. We will work around your schedule to make it possible. I love how vocal you are on the boards and can't wait to get your honest opinion of my work. I am an enthusiast at heart. I do neurocognitive/neuropsychological testing and examination for the military / dod for a living so this is my escape Click here to enlarge



    I appreciate the remarks. Still bummed we never got to give it a go but life tends to work things out and that supercharger wine probably puts a big enough smile on your face.

    I will check back in the morning. For some reason my account only lets me post once a day now and PM's don't work for me anymore. I don't know if I did something to make Sticky mad? I thought we were always on good terms lol but hopefully we can get that resolved soon.

    You can always reach me via email which dzenan can post for me since it won't let me I guess.

    Anyways guys - I look forward to helping some of you out. I am always happy to answer any questions you may have so don't hesitate to reach out to me.
    Jake's email is jhershorin@protuningfreaks.com...i've updated the original post as well

    Hopefully Sticky addresses this account setup issue soon..
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    12.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Will the maps provided via the eTune be openable in ATR or are these ATP generated maps? As a side and related question...can ATP maps be opened in ATR or are they locked/different? I really am ignorant on this so please bear with me.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Gentlemen, whats the highest hp cobb vehicle that you have seen after a protune assuming a set of dps, fmic and intake on pump. Or at least whT are some realistic dj expectations with that setup? Is touching 400 wheel doable?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ironman1982 Click here to enlarge
    Will the maps provided via the eTune be openable in ATR or are these ATP generated maps? As a side and related question...can ATP maps be opened in ATR or are they locked/different? I really am ignorant on this so please bear with me.
    All pro tuner maps, whether they are from us (local/etuning) or a 3rd party pro tuner shop, are built using AccessTuner PRO (ATP) and are locked to your AP's serial number when made. They are locked away from opening by anyone including other tuners with ATP. This is to protect any/all IP in them that we/other tuners have in them.

    This is no different from say getting a GIAC or ESS flash for example and not having the ability to view the tuning setup. This does not prevent you from datalogging your tune in any way you wish at any time and learning about it just like you may be able to use a BT tool to datalog other flash tunes, although in the BT case it is with far less data/channel capture capabilites.
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Gentlemen, whats the highest hp cobb vehicle that you have seen after a protune assuming a set of dps, fmic and intake on pump. Or at least whT are some realistic dj expectations with that setup? Is touching 400 wheel doable?
    All depends on the baseline for a given dyno. For those specific modifications and good 93 octane numbers can vary anywhere from 380 to 420 depending on your baseline. With our tunes we concentrate on the delta (i.e. gains) not so much peak numbers due to dyno variance/baseline.
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Gentlemen, whats the highest hp cobb vehicle that you have seen after a protune assuming a set of dps, fmic and intake on pump. Or at least whT are some realistic dj expectations with that setup? Is touching 400 wheel doable?
    If your talking standard 93 octane and a realistic (is that possible?) dynojet, no one is getting 400whp with those mods. E85, yes.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    12.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    All pro tuner maps, whether they are from us (local/etuning) or a 3rd party pro tuner shop, are built using AccessTuner PRO (ATP) and are locked to your AP's serial number when made. They are locked away from opening by anyone including other tuners with ATP. This is to protect any/all IP in them that we/other tuners have in them.

    This is no different from say getting a GIAC or ESS flash for example and not having the ability to view the tuning setup. This does not prevent you from datalogging your tune in any way you wish at any time and learning about it just like you may be able to use a BT tool to datalog other flash tunes, although in the BT case it is with far less data/channel capture capabilites.
    So would this prevent me from opening the e-tune map on my PC with ATR with my corresponding serial AP connected to it? So say at a later time I would like to change the throttle mapping to something in between linear and standard but leave all else the same.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ironman1982 Click here to enlarge
    So would this prevent me from opening the e-tune map on my PC with ATR with my corresponding serial AP connected to it? So say at a later time I would like to change the throttle mapping to something in between linear and standard but leave all else the same.
    We simply can't provide unlocked maps as it exposes our IP. Its similar to a company opening up its source code for everyone else to see and reuse or a machine shop giving up its CNC code for a part they're making. Every pro tuner shop will lock their map after tuning to prevent stealing IP. We're here to assist with any changes to the maps people get from us down the road. Hope that makes sense...
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    12.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    We simply can't provide unlocked maps as it exposes our IP. Its similar to a company opening up its source code for everyone else to see and reuse or a machine shop giving up its CNC code for a part they're making. Every pro tuner shop will lock their map after tuning to prevent stealing IP. We're here to assist with any changes to the maps people get from us down the road. Hope that makes sense...
    I does...no worries! Click here to enlarge If that's the way ATP works (all or nothing locking) then I completely understand...just thought I'd ask....saves the trouble of anyone else asking now. lol

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Points
    1,817.5
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jhershorin Click here to enlarge
    Got your email. We will work around your schedule to make it possible. I love how vocal you are on the boards and can't wait to get your honest opinion of my work. I am an enthusiast at heart. I do neurocognitive/neuropsychological testing and examination for the military / dod for a living so this is my escape Click here to enlarge
    Got your email & thanks a lot, was shocked that you responded after I sent that last night. And yea, I've always been into BMWs but dove head 1st in when I got mine (just trying to not become the jackass noob on this forum).

    Look forward to meeting you when I get ProTuned, I'm sure it's gonna be a quality upgrade over the OTS Maps..... Just hoping that all the new power doesn't get me any speeding tickets Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •