Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

any reviews on Forged internals?

I've only heard of one person doing installing the CP pistons and I believe the carrillo connecting rods and was hoping if that person or someone else has done a review about. Any input on the subject is most appreciated!

reason for asking is my shop finally got around to opening up that used motor I bought and it turns out the shop lied to me and sold me a rebuilt motor that has a cylinder scratched and a bad piston. how do i know its rebuilt? its way to clean with no oil on the bottom cover, the bad piston shows that they took it out to clean and decided to leave it in their since it looks brand new compared to the others, and a couple other things. My shop which i did the purchase threw has done a claim on them and i can hopefully get at-least half my money back.

so if i do get my money back ill put that towards the pistons and rods

and no this motor did not have forged pistons and rods

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

What is there to review? CP and Carrillo's are the best pistons and rods available and unless the shop installing them makes a mistake both should probably be pretty bulletproof for some massive power. However just putting forged internals in your motor won't change very much so whomever you say built their motor this way probably would see much difference since there isnt an option for these motors that maxes out the stock hardware yet anyways.

However being in your case and having to rebuild a blown motor I would definitely do that cp Carrillo combo as well as upgrading the wrist pins that come on the cp's and doing seeing what other possible work you can do to the crank and mains(if big power and reliability down the line are your goals) to cover all your bases.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    What is there to review?
    I think he's more asking for feedback.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

E92fan overy at e90post has been using custom CP pistons and Carillo conrods made out of titanium with custom rod bearings. I know that he's very happy with all of these, although it was a lot of work to get them into the engine; they were also taken out more than once in order to verify and measure them.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3