Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 81
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...unt2=648109078

    Its 2k not worth it. For that money Bob can pick up a m52 with many other goodies. Just my take on it. Or he can pickup the parts for doing the swap on his own instead of buying it from them.
    $2k for all the completed really does not sound all that bad.

    Edit: Actually, it is $2k just for the stroker kit, right?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I also ran accross this motor: SR20DET It's a turbo 4 cylinder nissan engine...ready for massive boost with strong internals, founf in the nissan silvia. For $1600 plus shipping one can have the engine, trans, ecu, and wiring harness. It would fit perfectly in the e21 and the swap has been done before. I still have so much to do to this car, I am not even close to swapping a motor in it. Maybe next summer. I don't even know how the motor in the car now runs...I have yet to drive the car more than 10 feet.
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    I also ran accross this motor: SR20DET It's a turbo 4 cylinder nissan engine...ready for massive boost with strong internals, founf in the nissan silvia. For $1600 plus shipping one can have the engine, trans, ecu, and wiring harness. It would fit perfectly in the e21 and the swap has been done before. I still have so much to do to this car, I am not even close to swapping a motor in it. Maybe next summer. I don't even know how the motor in the car now runs...I have yet to drive the car more than 10 feet.
    It is just fun to talk about motors Click here to enlarge We are making decisions for you and your wallet.

    The SR20DET swap would be excellent... but, it isn't a BMW motor. Not necessarily a bad thing...

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    62.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    I also ran accross this motor: SR20DET It's a turbo 4 cylinder nissan engine...ready for massive boost with strong internals, founf in the nissan silvia. For $1600 plus shipping one can have the engine, trans, ecu, and wiring harness. It would fit perfectly in the e21 and the swap has been done before. I still have so much to do to this car, I am not even close to swapping a motor in it. Maybe next summer. I don't even know how the motor in the car now runs...I have yet to drive the car more than 10 feet.
    That's a really cool motor for boost!
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    My wallet needs to be filled up with more money before I start thinking about swapping engines. Today, I removed the alternator bracket, which required me pulling the oil filter and was a total pain in the ass. The PO decided to thread a US bolt into the metric housing and totally messed it up. I have a donor car down the road, which means I can grab that bracket from there. I also removed the recaro seats, which I will be selling. I already have replacement seats, which are old school leather recaro's. I will have to do some fabrication work to get the to bolt up in the stock location. When they are mounted, I think all the trouble of cutting welds and rivets, as well as drilling new holes in the slider rails will be worth it. So much to do, so little time (money). Next weekend, I plan on getting the turbo intake piping sorted, reconnecting the exhaust, then timing the motor. I really need and A/F gauge on this guy...I don't want to blow it up, just yet! I'll keep her at 5psi for now.
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Oh, and to the point of the silvia motor not being BMW...I agree, but I am hard pressed to find a 200bhp 4 cylinder BMW motor that doesn't cost $10k. If someone wants to suggest an option in that arena, I am all for it.
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    Oh, and to the point of the silvia motor not being BMW...I agree, but I am hard pressed to find a 200bhp 4 cylinder BMW motor that doesn't cost $10k. If someone wants to suggest an option in that arena, I am all for it.
    I would use the silvia motor.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    Oh, and to the point of the silvia motor not being BMW...I agree, but I am hard pressed to find a 200bhp 4 cylinder BMW motor that doesn't cost $10k. If someone wants to suggest an option in that arena, I am all for it.
    No reason to not look at BMW 6's then as you will be in the Silvia price range, just without a turbo.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    But then we are back to the weight issue of the 6 cylinder. And, you can get the sivlia setup at a much lessor cost than an s50 setup. Show me a complete s50 with trans, ecu and wiring hardness for $1600.
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    But then we are back to the weight issue of the 6 cylinder. And, you can get the sivlia setup at a much lessor cost than an s50 setup. Show me a complete s50 with trans, ecu and wiring hardness for $1600.
    I believe the S50 weighs too much as you stated but the M20 would work and be cheaper.

    How much does the SR20DET weigh?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm not able to get an accurate weight of the sr20det engine...i would obviously be stripped down in my application. M20 would be nice, but requires a new front subframe to fit properly...but still possible.
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    I'm not able to get an accurate weight of the sr20det engine...i would obviously be stripped down in my application. M20 would be nice, but requires a new front subframe to fit properly...but still possible.
    I found this, don't know how accurate it is:

    i went to a friends house today. We weighed his sr20det engine and tranny as one peice. It weighed in around 450 pounds!

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Here we go:

    A12____ - 87 kg _192 lbs
    A14____ - 93 kg _205 lbs
    L18____ - 118 kg 260 lbs
    CA18ET_ - 118 kg 260 lbs
    QR25DE_ - 121 kg 267 lbs
    CA18DET - 128 kg 282 lbs
    SR20DE -- 139 kg 306 lbs
    SR20DET - 149 kg 328 lbs
    FJ20ET_ - 166 kg 366 lbs
    KA24DE_ - 167 kg 368 lbs

  14. #64
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah, so back to the weight problem again. I really think there are some cool possibilities for engine swaps. This car is going to be a blast when I am done with it.
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, so back to the weight problem again. I really think there are some cool possibilities for engine swaps. This car is going to be a blast when I am done with it.
    Here is a crazy idea. Honda s2k motor swap
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Here is a crazy idea. Honda s2k motor swap
    326 pounds.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    324
    Rep Points
    304.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    I also ran accross this motor: SR20DET It's a turbo 4 cylinder nissan engine...ready for massive boost with strong internals, founf in the nissan silvia. For $1600 plus shipping one can have the engine, trans, ecu, and wiring harness. It would fit perfectly in the e21 and the swap has been done before. I still have so much to do to this car, I am not even close to swapping a motor in it. Maybe next summer. I don't even know how the motor in the car now runs...I have yet to drive the car more than 10 feet.
    Where did you find the SR20 w/ everything for $1.6k? I'd like to know as this is one of my options too.
    Click here to enlarge
    1977 S30Z

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    326 pounds.
    not bad, and all n/a less issues to worry about. I would stay N/A
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    not bad, and all n/a less issues to worry about. I would stay N/A
    I gotta admit, I do like the F20C a hell of a lot.

    What about that motor in a 2002, just for fun speculation? Would be a hell of a lot of fun...

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I gotta admit, I do like the F20C a hell of a lot.

    What about that motor in a 2002, just for fun speculation? Would be a hell of a lot of fun...
    9k rpms would be fun.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  21. #71
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 503Alex Click here to enlarge
    Where did you find the SR20 w/ everything for $1.6k? I'd like to know as this is one of my options too.
    fleabay
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    9k rpms would be fun.
    I'm surprised it isn't a more popular swap.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    9k rpms would be fun.
    I have been thinking more about this, how difficult do you think an F20c swap would be into say a 2002?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have been thinking more about this, how difficult do you think an F20c swap would be into say a 2002?
    I would call the guys at Hondata.

    The Honda engines are really easy to work around too, shouldn't be very difficult as long as the ECU is happy.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I would call the guys at Hondata.

    The Honda engines are really easy to work around too, shouldn't be very difficult as long as the ECU is happy.
    They have plenty of ECU options I think. If I could do the swap myself I think I might do it just for fun considering how cheap the F20c and 2002 are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •