Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 84
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    206
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Picked up an 82 Hennarot 320iS

    I just bought a nice 320is with a turbo kit. It's in need of a lot of work, but a pretty sound car. Very little rust, nothing that needs sheet metal work. The turbo kit is 1/2 assed for now, but I will be taking care of that soon. Any questions, please feel free. Here are some pics of the car as sent to me by the previous owner.

    By the way, I have already located another hennarot driver's door. It's being shipped to me now.

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    The front of that car is so amazingly beautiful.

    Why did you pick it up, just wanted another toy? It has a turbo on it, details?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    206
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The front is my favorite as well. I have wanted an e21 (as well as other older model BMW's) for a long time. This was priced right, it was hennarot, and I was able to tow it home with a uhaul car carrier. So I said screw it, and went and go it.

    It has the iS package with recaro seats, 5 speed, LSD, etc. The seats are shot and are being ripped out soon. I found a nice set of leather Recaro's from an old Porsche that will fit. I will be doing some heavy brake modifications. Lots of things will be added / changed.

    The turbo kit consists of what's left of a Century / BAE kit sold in the late 70's early 80's. It consists of an aluminum intake manifold, cast exhaust manifold, downpipe and intake piping. There is no intercooler (yet). The kit was designed to run 5-7psi. The PO installed a newer eBay cheapo $200 turbo. That's gonna go soon. It's basically a project car for me. No pressure to get it done, and I won't be stranded if a repair takes longer than expected. The 1st thing I will do is replace the busted driver's door. I got a whole bunch of parts from a nice guy in St. Louis. He was nice enough to ship me the door at a great price. Turns out I have a another parts car at my disposal less than a mile form my house. I am just hoping that my buddy Don (who is building the turbo e36 M3) will have time to do some fab work for me. I really just want a decent older bimmer to cruise around in, nothing insanely fast. Plus, i want to teach my wife how to drive stick...
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ Do you mind if I ask how much something like that costs?

    Do you plan to do all the work yourself?

    This was a great find, congrats. You really have me wanting to get something like this.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Bob car looks good dude. I wouldnt mind picking up an old 6 series, or an e34 535 to turbo.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Haha nice, a $200 turbo and it's not intercooled....

    Definitely could use a more thought-out turbo system.

    Bet you got a good price for that, and has lots of potential.

    Good luck!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    206
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the compliments guys. I will do as much work as I am physically capable of doing. I do not own a welder, nor do I know how to weld, which really sucks. If I owned one, and was taught to do it, I would do almost everything myself.

    There are no 2 ways about it, this car needs a standalone system installed and a more modern electronic fuel injection system to get things "right". That will be a slippery slope to climb. I am exploring my options in that sense. However, a makeshift fuel / spark system can be created using the early 80's Vovlo / Audi boost sensing Bosch K-jetronic mechanical fuel injection system components. The 320i 's k-jet system was never meant to see boost. The volvo / audi systems could...it's a matter of retrofitting these parts. Finding these parts used, at a decent price is a whole different challenge.
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    62.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice snatch. The e21 is such a fantastic platform for a side project car. It's light, cheap to pick up, somewhat cheap to mod and has a lot of room under the hood. Get some plastic bumpers on her and I love seeing them with side skirts.
    Last edited by highboostingm3; 06-28-2010 at 10:52 PM.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by highboostingm3 Click here to enlarge
    Nice snatch. The e30 is such a fantastic platform for a side project car. It's light, cheap to pick up, somewhat cheap to mod and has a lot of room under the hood. I've been thinking about one for myself. Get some plastic bumpers on her and I love seeing them with side skirts.
    This isn't an E30 Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    62.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This isn't an E30 Click here to enlarge
    e21 woops lol
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    206
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by highboostingm3 Click here to enlarge
    Nice snatch. The e21 is such a fantastic platform for a side project car. It's light, cheap to pick up, somewhat cheap to mod and has a lot of room under the hood. I've been thinking about one for myself. Get some plastic bumpers on her and I love seeing them with side skirts.
    I am finding that the cheap part is not happening. Aftermarket parts for this car are hard to come by. Side skirts, haven't seen any yet. Plastic bumpers require the US diving boards to be dumped, and euro bumpers installed (or a welded up facsimile), and they are not cheap. I haven't found a single set of euro bumpers either, and I hear they can go for $800. Wit all that said, I wish i could do those things, but they are not really in the budget. I will "tuck" the front bumper, by releasing the fluid in the bumper rails (drill holes), and pushing the bumper closer to the front of the car, then running self tapping screws to hold the bumper in rails in the desired position. Just getting this turbo system sorted will be a project in and of itself. This thing can't simply "get a tune"...it's either fumble with the CIS, or convert to EFI and go standalone. One possibility is swapping an m10 cylinder head, fuel injector rail, intake manifold, and ECU from an early e30 318i. With that, I "might" be able to find someone (TRM) to tune the stock ecu. Like I said, this will be a battle! For now, the stock system should handle 5-7psi without grenading the motor.
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    I am finding that the cheap part is not happening. Aftermarket parts for this car are hard to come by. Side skirts, haven't seen any yet. Plastic bumpers require the US diving boards to be dumped, and euro bumpers installed (or a welded up facsimile), and they are not cheap. I haven't found a single set of euro bumpers either, and I hear they can go for $800. Wit all that said, I wish i could do those things, but they are not really in the budget. I will "tuck" the front bumper, by releasing the fluid in the bumper rails (drill holes), and pushing the bumper closer to the front of the car, then running self tapping screws to hold the bumper in rails in the desired position. Just getting this turbo system sorted will be a project in and of itself. This thing can't simply "get a tune"...it's either fumble with the CIS, or convert to EFI and go standalone. One possibility is swapping an m10 cylinder head, fuel injector rail, intake manifold, and ECU from an early e30 318i. With that, I "might" be able to find someone (TRM) to tune the stock ecu. Like I said, this will be a battle! For now, the stock system should handle 5-7psi without grenading the motor.
    I think i read some where that the head is a direct swap from the m42. I'm not sure Trm does tuning for that ecu, but I'll ask Mccoy today for you.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    206
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks bro, that would be great if you could ask him for me. Things would go a lot more smoothly if Mike could remote tune the car. To be honest, the thought of removing the m10 & turbo system and swapping in an S14 motor has crossed my mind as well...so many choices, but so little money!
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    Thanks bro, that would be great if you could ask him for me. Things would go a lot more smoothly if Mike could remote tune the car. To be honest, the thought of removing the m10 & turbo system and swapping in an S14 motor has crossed my mind as well...so many choices, but so little money!
    Honestly I would swap in a m52 from a z3 it is lighter then a s50, and cheaper to get. It also should be lighter then what you have, and easier to tune. Keep it n/a for a while s52 cam swap, and a m50 manifold.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    206
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    I'll have to look into that. 200rwhp in this car will be a blast. It only weighs 2300 lbs.
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FU
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Points
    -358.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Why am I not seeing photos yet?
    My impatience could be the end of all that lives.

    I have no reflection.
    Click here to enlarge
    www
    milkt org

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    Why am I not seeing photos yet?
    My impatience could be the end of all that lives.

    I have no reflection.
    No reflection? wipe back to front?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FU
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Points
    -358.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    No reflection? wipe back to front?
    yeah,
    back to front
    and you can get some kak on your gennies

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    www
    milkt org

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    yeah,
    back to front
    and you can get some kak on your gennies

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    206
    Rep Points
    115.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Craig, check the 1st post: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...2198#post32198 Also check my posts on bimmerforums under the e21 section.
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FU
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Points
    -358.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    Craig, check the 1st post: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...2198#post32198 Also check my posts on bimmerforums under the e21 section.
    You know what?
    I can't see ANY photos from this forum.
    I can't see smilies or photos.

    Whats up with that


    STICKY??!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    www
    milkt org

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    You know what?
    I can't see ANY photos from this forum.
    I can't see smilies or photos.

    Whats up with that


    STICKY??!!!!!
    I don't know, photos are working for everyone. Smilies aren't even loading for you? Have you tried a different browser to see if the issue is on your side?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know, photos are working for everyone. Smilies aren't even loading for you? Have you tried a different browser to see if the issue is on your side?
    I bet it's hax.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FU
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Points
    -358.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I bet it's hax.
    No,
    its only from my home CPU here.
    I just cleared the cookies
    and I wanna see Bob's car damnit.
    Click here to enlarge
    www
    milkt org

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    No,
    its only from my home CPU here.
    I just cleared the cookies
    and I wanna see Bob's car damnit.
    Ok, so only your home computer has that issue? Did you clear the cache or try different browsers?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •