Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Note: Although this is probably common sense, the car will not engage LC unless the car is warmed up. It usually will not activate until I am above the 210 mark on the temp guage. It also doesn't seem to work when the car is very hot (like after driving in the city for 10 miles in stop and go on a 100 degree day). YMMV.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @inlineS54B32 thanks for the confirmation

I'll need to get out and play around with launch control some more... of course today it's raining here for the first time in a month

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by x3791m Click here to enlarge
    In this method (S mode), are you saying the RPM will automatically *fall* to 2500 from 5XXX after releasing the brake and then it launches?
    The RPMs will not "fall" to 2500 they will "jump" to 2500 after releasing the brake with a delay. With brake held and pedal floored the RPM will hold betwen 1k-1.5k RPMs (dont hold it long, the quicker the better) . When you release the brake the car will roll a little then the RPM will jump to 2500 then the horse kick comes.

As soon as it catches you need to shift to 2nd ASAP or else you will do nothing but burn rubber and probably fish tail.

In your previous method (which I've tried--M mode, short press DTC) you would manually let the RPMs fall to 2500 before releasing the brake and pressing the gas down to just above the kick-down.
    Yes, I published this for beginers, so when my official video is released it will be easier to understand.

I saw a video of a DCT M3 where they were in M mode and it appeared that you could keep the shifter pushed forward while flooring the gas to get into launch mode. They then simply let go of the shifter and it launched. There was no mention of holding the brake at all. Can someone with an M3 confirm this? If this is an M3 method, has anyone tried this in an iS or 135 DCT?
    The reasons for this is the mechatronic unit on the DCT is programmed differently for the M3, 335iS and the 135i.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    The RPMs will not "fall" to 2500 they will "jump" to 2500 after releasing the brake with a delay. With brake held and pedal floored the RPM will hold betwen 1k-1.5k RPMs (dont hold it long, the quicker the better) . When you release the brake the car will roll a little then the RPM will jump to 2500 then the horse kick comes.

As soon as it catches you need to shift to 2nd ASAP or else you will do nothing but burn rubber and probably fish tail.
    That sounds like excellent behavior (aside from the slight delay)... can't wait to try this one. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    ^ Note: Although this is probably common sense, the car will not engage LC unless the car is warmed up. It usually will not activate until I am above the 210 mark on the temp guage. It also doesn't seem to work when the car is very hot (like after driving in the city for 10 miles in stop and go on a 100 degree day). YMMV.
    Correct, oil temps and water temps need to be in a certain range for any method of LC to work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Would you all agree that it's easier to learn to drag a DCT than a MT if you're new to both?
    I would agree.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234