Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 86
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    180.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Exhaust sound/video clips...

    I thought it would be wanted to get a compilation of different exhausts notes on this forum. If you have a favourite exhaust sound/video clip post it on here. Since many people haven't heard the Bastuck exhaust I'll start with my own...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    (found an oldie! only mod i had was an SSTT!)stock exhaust:
    Click here to enlarge

    almost immediately post ASR turbos, mod list in the garage (turbine whistle sounds nice):
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    surprised no one else is posting a video of their own beast('s exhaust note). i'd actually be very curious to hear other upgraded turbo exhaust notes/ranges (figured this is the n54 section so i only expect n54's, but isn't that one of the largest clicks here at BB?). as well as the different pitches between the multitude of stock turbo exhaust options let alone customs ones! i guess the problem is that the sound capture varies from user to user with the quality of camera and so it could make for bias. in any case, i'm just surprised this thread has gotten no more replies... just sayin'
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Catless dps, 100 cell hjs mid cats, Bastuck quad:
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    awesome enrita! i don't think i've seen this one... is it a new video? or one you probably posted before? as the the sound, it's a much deeper pitch at lower revs than mine but begins to sound similar toward the end of the video in the higher revs and WOT, due to the rear section i assume. anyway sweet dude! hope you get the car back up and running soon and expect that you will kick some butt once she's all fixed and ready to run.

    on a side note have you considered e85? i know there's a thread for it but i'm curious to test it for upgraded (hybrid) turbos. my final plan is to dyno, get a delta between stock turbos/fbo and upgraded turbos/fbo. go to the shop and break down the hot side and upgrade to stage 2, then re-dyno as soon as it's buttoned up. my stockturbo/fbo baseline is on pump/meth. so i can do racegas but it will just be max numbers and not a reflection or comparison, no delta other than comparing to the pump/meth. i'm happy to do it but hardly ever run it. now this is where e85 comes into play. these stock turbo, like intake only e85 cars are making what i made at stock turbo fbo, pump+meth! so i want to know, can our injectors handle the need for increased fuel volume? i know for shiv's single with no e85, they're working in the 30+% range right? and that's 600+wheel? or is it more complex of a relationship than that? /end questions... anyway what i'm trying to say is i would be interested in trying an e85 upp'd turbo thing if it turns out it is indeed doable. lets be honest, it if does happen, it will probably be dz who does it.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Posts
    173
    Rep Points
    279.1
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The AE piece sounds really, really nice.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    904
    Rep Points
    785.6
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Dinan Free Flow Exhaust

    18min long includes colds start, idle, warm up, and WOT's . This was before I got the CP-e catted highflow DPs


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    awesome enrita! i don't think i've seen this one... is it a new video? or one you probably posted before? as the the sound, it's a much deeper pitch at lower revs than mine but begins to sound similar toward the end of the video in the higher revs and WOT, due to the rear section i assume. anyway sweet dude! hope you get the car back up and running soon and expect that you will kick some butt once she's all fixed and ready to run.

    on a side note have you considered e85? i know there's a thread for it but i'm curious to test it for upgraded (hybrid) turbos. my final plan is to dyno, get a delta between stock turbos/fbo and upgraded turbos/fbo. go to the shop and break down the hot side and upgrade to stage 2, then re-dyno as soon as it's buttoned up. my stockturbo/fbo baseline is on pump/meth. so i can do racegas but it will just be max numbers and not a reflection or comparison, no delta other than comparing to the pump/meth. i'm happy to do it but hardly ever run it. now this is where e85 comes into play. these stock turbo, like intake only e85 cars are making what i made at stock turbo fbo, pump+meth! so i want to know, can our injectors handle the need for increased fuel volume? i know for shiv's single with no e85, they're working in the 30+% range right? and that's 600+wheel? or is it more complex of a relationship than that? /end questions... anyway what i'm trying to say is i would be interested in trying an e85 upp'd turbo thing if it turns out it is indeed doable. lets be honest, it if does happen, it will probably be dz who does it.
    yes i run E85 many times. 1/4 tank normally on Cobb (no codes) and little more with JB4 G5. With meth trims were in check .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    yes i run E85 many times. 1/4 tank normally on Cobb (no codes) and little more with JB4 G5. With meth trims were in check .
    cool man thanks for getting back. so when you do run e85 do you have a specific map to take advantage of the octane via more advanced timing? must feel a helluva lot more powerful than pump, it should be nearly on par with racegas really.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    180.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    @ Admin - Can we sticky this thread. I think at some point it will become helpful to those looking for a specific exhaust. Sound clips are hard to come by especially for our cars. Please and thanks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    @ Admin - Can we sticky this thread. I think at some point it will become helpful to those looking for a specific exhaust. Sound clips are hard to come by especially for our cars. Please and thanks.
    @Sticky would have worked better.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    180.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for making this thread a sticky Sticky.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for making this thread a sticky Sticky.
    lol no prob

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20
    Rep Points
    48.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No


    x-pipe (secondary cat delete) + stock mufflers + quad tips

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    cool man thanks for getting back. so when you do run e85 do you have a specific map to take advantage of the octane via more advanced timing? must feel a helluva lot more powerful than pump, it should be nearly on par with racegas really.
    on cobb not yet but JB4G5 only just std map 3 with meth.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Posts
    173
    Rep Points
    279.1
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge
    Sean Singh | Sean@modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 x 8009
    We Specialize In: BMW Parts In Stock | BMW Wheels Experts | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | VMR Wheels Experts | Cobb AccessPORT N54 In Stock | Avant Garde Wheels In Stock | BMW Headlights Fast Shipping | BMW Exhaust
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
    Check out our BLOG for the latest updates and discounts!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    6.8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Any thought on the HPF exhaust?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,855
    Rep Points
    2,409.8
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    100%



    100%
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,855
    Rep Points
    2,409.8
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Like I said sorry for the $#@!ty videos. I'll try to take some more tomorrow with a real camera.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5parrow7 Click here to enlarge
    Any thought on the HPF exhaust?
    Nothing but good things, you looking for a 135i?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    6.8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm looking at it for my 335i

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5parrow7 Click here to enlarge
    I'm looking at it for my 335i
    Look here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...PICS-and-VIDEO

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    6.8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Great link, thanks!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    118
    Rep Points
    151.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is my N54 with catless downpipes and Vanguard V2 exhaust. Needless to say, don't buy this exhaust unless you love rasp.

    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •