Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    You guys didn't even notice that the independent (1st) dyno is is using STD correction, so his numbers will actually be lower when converted to SAE.
    This is true, but STD to SAE is not like DIN to SAE.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Gintani and AA i think are the better kits to get.. More option meth etc... Ess kits are ready for meth but your warrenty goes out the window.. I dont see why the dislike it so much.. This is there stg2 kit?? I believe thats what his friend told me but with them numbers i hope its not.. I wouldnt be a happy customer..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ They claim meth is not "safe."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just dont agree with that.. I think most dont. If anything i would thing it was safer. Maybe it would be unsafe if you were trying to run crazy boost.. What do i know im no tuner.. Ess just looks shadier and shadier as time goes on..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    yet PG claims they offer to the "right" customer... lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Too many contradictions, inconsistencies, and shady claims to have any confidence.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    I just dont agree with that.. I think most dont. If anything i would thing it was safer. Maybe it would be unsafe if you were trying to run crazy boost.. What do i know im no tuner.. Ess just looks shadier and shadier as time goes on..
    Well in the beginning ESS and G-power claimed that meth was dangerous on the S65 because it will screw up the ionic knock sensors. And that the ECU would adjust to dangerous parameters due to not being able to receive correct information from the sensors. LOL that was just a $#@!in joke because after all this time cars have been going great for the people running meth on the S65. Now all of a sudden ESS offers it allegedly. The only way a Meth can be dangerous is if the Timing is jacked up to take full advantage of the fuel enrichment properties. And the meth stops spraying or fails somehow then the timing would be so cranked that it would end up jacking up the motor. But Gintani doesn't program the maps with serious timing so the cars can run fine with no meth spraying it might just get heat soaked sooner.

Also now that Gintani and its tuning partner OE tuning offers the EZ flash you can switch maps on the fly theoretically if they gave you a map with more timing for race gas and meth and if you have a good kit with an LED that can tell you when you aren't spraying for whatever reason then you can just grab your ez flash and swap maps for the appropriate available fuel that is why Gintani is bad ass imo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gintani does seem like the best with many different options.. I do like AA kit also

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    these numbers are almost like there s54 kit.. Id expect much better out of the v8.. I think this guy is going to try another pulley more boost or just screw the warrenty and go with some meth.. I didnt meet him only his friend..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too many contradictions, inconsistencies, and shady claims to have any confidence.
    I think the correct quote is, they call meth a "band-aid". They say a properly tuned system doesn't need meth, what a load of crap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    My comments are based on a few conversations I had with Roman about running meth with my ESS kit ...

Ess kits are ready for meth but your warrenty goes out the window.. I dont see why the dislike it so much..
    I don't think it's a matter of "dislike" I think it's more like "rather not".

What I got from my conversation with Roman was that he thought that the only time meth would be unsafe is if it was not tuned right. An example he gave me was if someone did not have a "safe map" in the case that meth was not running right.

It's not something that is in their product line ... Again I was thinking about running meth on my ESS kit and was talking to Roman about it. I don't see anything wrong with running meth and that is why it had crossed my mind.

Well in the beginning ESS and G-power claimed that meth was dangerous on the S65 because it will screw up the ionic knock sensors. And that the ECU would adjust to dangerous parameters due to not being able to receive correct information from the sensors. LOL that was just a $#@!in joke because after all this time cars have been going great for the people running meth on the S65. Now all of a sudden ESS offers it allegedly. The only way a Meth can be dangerous is if the Timing is jacked up to take full advantage of the fuel enrichment properties. And the meth stops spraying or fails somehow then the timing would be so cranked that it would end up jacking up the motor. But Gintani doesn't program the maps with serious timing so the cars can run fine with no meth spraying it might just get heat soaked sooner.

Also now that Gintani and its tuning partner OE tuning offers the EZ flash you can switch maps on the fly theoretically if they gave you a map with more timing for race gas and meth and if you have a good kit with an LED that can tell you when you aren't spraying for whatever reason then you can just grab your ez flash and swap maps for the appropriate available fuel that is why Gintani is bad ass imo.
    I'm no expert in meth but I was also told by other members that running meth could effect the motor in the long run ... Something about meth causing damage to the aluminium parts in the head.

That EZ tune that Gintani has is sick as hell and it's something that I would want if I was running meth/race gas

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I think the correct quote is, they call meth a "band-aid". They say a properly tuned system doesn't need meth, what a load of crap.
    I think that was PG that said that ... Roman told me that running meth would allow me to run higher boost at a safer level. I don't he ever used the word "band-aid" to me. Again my comments are only based off my conversation with Roman

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 808E90 Click here to enlarge
    Wow ... I run the ESS kit on my car and I am really happy with it but that first graph numbers is really low!
    My VT1 (stage 1) kit did 441whp on 4.5 boost.
    Where was this done at? ... Location may have a part due to elevation.
    Yeah dyno is in Lansdale, PA. The dyno is on point, everyone local has used it. My 335 was dynoed on it. The same time as the e92 bone stock + ess stage 2.
    I made 266/277 stock and 347/367 on Map 7+DCI. So its a proper reading dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was it at dynoed at Rttuning?? Thats in lansdale..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was it at dynoed at Rttuning?? Thats in lansdale..
    PSIProformance, they bought the dyno from PhillyDyno Works they used to be pretty big a few years ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just wondering because i need to get on a dyno sometime soon.. Dynojet peferred because my smg acts gay on other load bearing dynos ie mustang,dynopak.. I can never hit 8k on those only dynojet for some reason..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats just shady
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ess kit looks nice but power sucks compared to others

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What color is this car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What color is this car?
    This is it:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nevermind.. I seen a black e92m with wheels and a ess sticker on it when i was out and about earlier..I never met this dude but i would not be happy with those numbers when they advertise more hp..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PG claims a lot of things. Does anyone take what that clown says seriously anymore?
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    PG claims a lot of things. Does anyone take what that clown says seriously anymore?
    Where have you been?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What psi is this car running?? 6.5-7.5? Ess roman is claiming vt625 560rwhp So your telling me 1psi is going to get 90 more rwhp. I call bull$#@!.. Dude keeps claiming 498 but thats in std correction with reads 15rwhp more so really he makes 483 and 320tq.. If i posted my dynos in std they would read 15rwhp more.. In my opinion that weak numbers for a v8 with a blower.. Any one who has been on the bmw FI scene know Ess shower higher number for advertisement.. All dyno outside off ess have read lower then advertised.. The started out saying there vt600 kit for e92 m3 kit made 600rwhp with stock exhaust when that was proved wrong they changed to dyno sheets.. They also claimed they had a e46 m3 kit made 600rwhp which turned out to be the same sheet from e92m.. Whoever doeent see this is either a ess fanboy or does no $#@! bout there on cars.. Im not on a mission to talk $#@! but to so the light that they are full of $#@!.. AA stage 1 get makes 524.. Ess stg2 couldnt even crack 500rwhp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What psi is this car running?? 6.5-7.5? Ess roman is claiming vt625 560rwhp So your telling me 1psi is going to get 90 more rwhp. I call bull$#@!.. Dude keeps claiming 498 but thats in std correction with reads 15rwhp more so really he makes 483 and 320tq.. If i posted my dynos in std they would read 15rwhp more.. In my opinion that weak numbers for a v8 with a blower.. Any one who has been on the bmw FI scene know Ess shower higher number for advertisement.. All dyno outside off ess have read lower then advertised.. The started out saying there vt600 kit for e92 m3 kit made 600rwhp with stock exhaust when that was proved wrong they changed to dyno sheets.. They also claimed they had a e46 m3 kit made 600rwhp which turned out to be the same sheet from e92m.. Whoever doeent see this is either a ess fanboy or does no $#@! bout there on cars.. Im not on a mission to talk $#@! but to so the light that they are full of $#@!.. AA stage 1 get makes 524.. Ess stg2 couldnt even crack 500rwhp.
    Exactly correct...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This dude boy gave me neg rep for stating the truth.. Another accused me of being on a crusade to make Ess.. Im just trying to let the light shine that they are full of $#@!.. Yes there kit is super nice and tuning is solid but they continue to mislead people.. If my info can help so look for info and talk to other companies.. That will make me happy.. They started with a 600rwhp dyno then 560 now 502 for the vt600 kit.. Now they say the vt625 makes 560.. Sorry your not getting 80-90rwhp from 1 psi..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast