Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    show the log
    I got nothing, especially since he was banned on E90post just prior to getting tuned. I can check with Will@PRS to see if they have any logs, hes trying to pinpoint what his Fuel trims were since they tuned him on 50:50 E85/93 octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Strange... E90SOFLO got protuned at Performance Race Solutions and they were hitting over 19psi with no issue. How is this possible?
    I've seen a couple guys say 19psi+ but maybe they were mistaken?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got nothing, especially since he was banned on E90post just prior to getting tuned. I can check with Will@PRS to see if they have any logs, hes trying to pinpoint what his Fuel trims were since they tuned him on 50:50 E85/93 octane.
    If you round 18.56 you get 19. So he is restricted by the limit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I just got protuned today, im fbo, pump 93, the car hits 19 psi with no issue. I'm waiting for the dyno charts and log so I can make a thread about it. The car is a totally different animal, this protune was money well spent, it builds boost so fast, i love it. More to come when I post my thread....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I just got protuned today, im fbo, pump 93, the car hits 19 psi with no issue. I'm waiting for the dyno charts and log so I can make a thread about it. The car is a totally different animal, this protune was money well spent, it builds boost so fast, i love it. More to come when I post my thread....
    NICE! I wanna see it in action

Happy B-day as well Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    If you round 18.56 you get 19. So he is restricted by the limit.
    We can tune to 19psi no problem. We are able to raise the limit but there is more to it than just raising the boost system. Race logic has to be put in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    NICE! I wanna see it in action

Happy B-day as well Click here to enlarge

Thank you!

You'll see it in action ;-)
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jhershorin Click here to enlarge
    We can tune to 19psi no problem. We are able to raise the limit but there is more to it than just raising the boost system. Race logic has to be put in.
    What do you mean by "Race Logic"..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ... and this race logic is only available in ATP i assume? I keep getting limp dick mode after hitting the boost ceiling. And my clutch started slipping. I love the fact that both of these issues make me happy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ... and this race logic is only available in ATP i assume? I keep getting limp dick mode after hitting the boost ceiling. And my clutch started slipping. I love the fact that both of these issues make me happy.
    Thought we already discussed this boost limit stuff on the previous page Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Thought we already discussed this boost limit stuff on the previous page Click here to enlarge
    For some reason, no one wants to come and just say it. Reading between the lines is not good for internet forums, remember people SEARCH for answers, not riddles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, these guys are being illusive about the boost limit. What I'm reading is that cobb has some logic/map in development that eliminates this issue, call it an alpha map if you will. What I find interesting is that they aren't talking about it without talking circles around it, and cobb's answer reads like all "under development" answers yet we know our friends dz and fly have it, use it, understand it, and charge customers for it.

Basically I was expecting a "hey yea we have an alpha map that eliminates the issue, not sure the logic cobb employs but it works! wan't a copy?" Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @dzenno, @jhershorin, secrets dont make friends guys Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    The DME is limited to 1.28 bar or 18.56 PSI. This is both a hardware restriction (the stock sensor saturates) and a software limitation. Our current release versions of ATR and ATP have the same tuning capability's, both retain the stock 1.28 bar ceiling.

We are working on the ability to raise boost above these levels, it is still in the DEVELOPMENT phase of its life-cycle. Dzenno (on his personal car) has been of assistance with the testing / implementation of these new features, but these changes are not yet ready for mass consumption.

Hope this clears it up. Click here to enlarge

Cheers!
    @lulz_m3, I really thought it was clear on the last page with Jason's and my responses. I'm quoting his response in this post again just to highlight it.

With the currently released version of ATR as well as ATP, tuning is capped at 1.28bar. Is it "possible" to tune for higher than that, YES, but it is not available to the general public or ANY officially "released" ATR or ATP. It is still considered alpha (or development, or internal, or not for public consumption) functionality.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @lulz_m3 , I really thought it was clear on the last page with Jason's and my responses. I'm quoting his response in this post again just to highlight it.

With the currently released version of ATR as well as ATP, tuning is capped at 1.28bar. Is it "possible" to tune for higher than that, YES, but it is not available to the general public or ANY officially "released" ATR or ATP. It is still considered alpha (or development, or internal, or not for public consumption) functionality.
    And like i said, PRS tuned a members car past 19psi. So why arent all these statements adding up? How are the ATP shops getting more than 19psi doing protunes if they dont have access to this development code?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Boosa Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And like i said, PRS tuned a members car past 19psi. So why arent all these statements adding up? How are the ATP shops getting more than 19psi doing protunes if they dont have access to this development code?
    Didn't you say that you don't have the logs showing past 19psi? At what altitude is this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @654 Florida my friend. Even with ocean and sometimes below it lol. I dont have the logs, but he had to shim his DV's because they were leaking past 19psi on the dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not call PRS and ask to clarify what they did, how they measured it and show some logs showing sustained 19+psi? What if PRS is using a 100psi sensor plugged into their dyno, like some of my local shops, where measuring errors are introduced due to scaling 100psi worth of boost at 0-5v vs. scaling 18.5psi on a stock N54 sensor across 0-4.6v that it measures.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not call PRS and ask to clarify what they did, how they measured it and show some logs showing sustained 19+psi? What if PRS is using a 100psi sensor plugged into their dyno, like some of my local shops, where measuring errors are introduced due to scaling 100psi worth of boost at 0-5v vs. scaling 18.5psi on a stock N54 sensor across 0-4.6v that it measures.
    because that would eliminate his agenda and introuduce quantifiable data. and that stuff doesnt belong on the internet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    because that would eliminate his agenda and introuduce quantifiable data. and that stuff doesnt belong on the internet
    My agenda is to run more boost, how has that not been clear?

@dzenno , i'll have more real life experience since im getting tuned at PRS once i get my clutch installed/broken in. To be honest, i am not going to bother trying to ask them for logs, they couldnt produce them when i ask for details on the Fuel trims of his 50:50 E85 tune. I think there is a disconnect between the front office staff/tuner. If they arent sustaining 19psi for long periods of time, that would explain it. But i would still be interested in how they are keeping the DME from overreacting/getting throttle closures.

I hope you guys arent taking this the wrong way, its just frustrating to keep hearing wait for ATR, wait for ATR - all will be fixed and when it does drop it still has these pitiful limitations. Looks like i might have to pick up a JB4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you just keep harping over that you "heard" this guy is above 19 psi, but your not showing anything, your not bringing anyone here to show us, you keep just saying it, and everyone keeps saying ther are limitations, and there are ways around it. but your just throwing a random abritray number out there from what you heard some place did for some other guy at some random point in time..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

I just called PRS, they said they were running 56 psi

Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So clever...

So how does one "put race logic in"

We're just curious here, if you're not supposed to discuss specifics just say so!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you just keep harping over that you "heard" this guy is above 19 psi, but your not showing anything, your not bringing anyone here to show us, you keep just saying it, and everyone keeps saying ther are limitations, and there are ways around it. but your just throwing a random abritray number out there from what you heard some place did for some other guy at some random point in time..
    I'm going to take a wild guess here and say Cobb knows what they are talking about regarding the limit.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast