Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 110
  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    show the log
    I got nothing, especially since he was banned on E90post just prior to getting tuned. I can check with Will@PRS to see if they have any logs, hes trying to pinpoint what his Fuel trims were since they tuned him on 50:50 E85/93 octane.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,379
    Rep Points
    32,773.6
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Strange... E90SOFLO got protuned at Performance Race Solutions and they were hitting over 19psi with no issue. How is this possible?
    I've seen a couple guys say 19psi+ but maybe they were mistaken?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    Rep Points
    1,377.3
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I got nothing, especially since he was banned on E90post just prior to getting tuned. I can check with Will@PRS to see if they have any logs, hes trying to pinpoint what his Fuel trims were since they tuned him on 50:50 E85/93 octane.
    If you round 18.56 you get 19. So he is restricted by the limit.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I just got protuned today, im fbo, pump 93, the car hits 19 psi with no issue. I'm waiting for the dyno charts and log so I can make a thread about it. The car is a totally different animal, this protune was money well spent, it builds boost so fast, i love it. More to come when I post my thread....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I just got protuned today, im fbo, pump 93, the car hits 19 psi with no issue. I'm waiting for the dyno charts and log so I can make a thread about it. The car is a totally different animal, this protune was money well spent, it builds boost so fast, i love it. More to come when I post my thread....
    NICE! I wanna see it in action


    Happy B-day as well Click here to enlarge

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NoVA, DC, MD
    Posts
    66
    Rep Points
    405.6
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    If you round 18.56 you get 19. So he is restricted by the limit.
    We can tune to 19psi no problem. We are able to raise the limit but there is more to it than just raising the boost system. Race logic has to be put in.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    NICE! I wanna see it in action


    Happy B-day as well Click here to enlarge

    Thank you!

    You'll see it in action ;-)
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    419.1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jhershorin Click here to enlarge
    We can tune to 19psi no problem. We are able to raise the limit but there is more to it than just raising the boost system. Race logic has to be put in.
    What do you mean by "Race Logic"..?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jhershorin Click here to enlarge
    We can tune to 19psi no problem. We are able to raise the limit but there is more to it than just raising the boost system. Race logic has to be put in.
    ... and this race logic is only available in ATP i assume? I keep getting limp dick mode after hitting the boost ceiling. And my clutch started slipping. I love the fact that both of these issues make me happy.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    ... and this race logic is only available in ATP i assume? I keep getting limp dick mode after hitting the boost ceiling. And my clutch started slipping. I love the fact that both of these issues make me happy.
    Thought we already discussed this boost limit stuff on the previous page Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Thought we already discussed this boost limit stuff on the previous page Click here to enlarge
    For some reason, no one wants to come and just say it. Reading between the lines is not good for internet forums, remember people SEARCH for answers, not riddles.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    120
    Rep Points
    148.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Yes, these guys are being illusive about the boost limit. What I'm reading is that cobb has some logic/map in development that eliminates this issue, call it an alpha map if you will. What I find interesting is that they aren't talking about it without talking circles around it, and cobb's answer reads like all "under development" answers yet we know our friends dz and fly have it, use it, understand it, and charge customers for it.

    Basically I was expecting a "hey yea we have an alpha map that eliminates the issue, not sure the logic cobb employs but it works! wan't a copy?" Click here to enlarge

  13. #63
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    @dzenno, @jhershorin, secrets dont make friends guys Click here to enlarge

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    The DME is limited to 1.28 bar or 18.56 PSI. This is both a hardware restriction (the stock sensor saturates) and a software limitation. Our current release versions of ATR and ATP have the same tuning capability's, both retain the stock 1.28 bar ceiling.

    We are working on the ability to raise boost above these levels, it is still in the DEVELOPMENT phase of its life-cycle. Dzenno (on his personal car) has been of assistance with the testing / implementation of these new features, but these changes are not yet ready for mass consumption.

    Hope this clears it up. Click here to enlarge

    Cheers!
    @lulz_m3, I really thought it was clear on the last page with Jason's and my responses. I'm quoting his response in this post again just to highlight it.

    With the currently released version of ATR as well as ATP, tuning is capped at 1.28bar. Is it "possible" to tune for higher than that, YES, but it is not available to the general public or ANY officially "released" ATR or ATP. It is still considered alpha (or development, or internal, or not for public consumption) functionality.
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #65
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    @lulz_m3 , I really thought it was clear on the last page with Jason's and my responses. I'm quoting his response in this post again just to highlight it.

    With the currently released version of ATR as well as ATP, tuning is capped at 1.28bar. Is it "possible" to tune for higher than that, YES, but it is not available to the general public or ANY officially "released" ATR or ATP. It is still considered alpha (or development, or internal, or not for public consumption) functionality.
    And like i said, PRS tuned a members car past 19psi. So why arent all these statements adding up? How are the ATP shops getting more than 19psi doing protunes if they dont have access to this development code?

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jhershorin Click here to enlarge
    We can tune to 19psi no problem. We are able to raise the limit but there is more to it than just raising the boost system. Race logic has to be put in.
    Boosa Click here to enlarge

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    Rep Points
    1,377.3
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    And like i said, PRS tuned a members car past 19psi. So why arent all these statements adding up? How are the ATP shops getting more than 19psi doing protunes if they dont have access to this development code?
    Didn't you say that you don't have the logs showing past 19psi? At what altitude is this?

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    @654 Florida my friend. Even with ocean and sometimes below it lol. I dont have the logs, but he had to shim his DV's because they were leaking past 19psi on the dyno.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    And like i said, PRS tuned a members car past 19psi. So why arent all these statements adding up? How are the ATP shops getting more than 19psi doing protunes if they dont have access to this development code?
    Why not call PRS and ask to clarify what they did, how they measured it and show some logs showing sustained 19+psi? What if PRS is using a 100psi sensor plugged into their dyno, like some of my local shops, where measuring errors are introduced due to scaling 100psi worth of boost at 0-5v vs. scaling 18.5psi on a stock N54 sensor across 0-4.6v that it measures.
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Why not call PRS and ask to clarify what they did, how they measured it and show some logs showing sustained 19+psi? What if PRS is using a 100psi sensor plugged into their dyno, like some of my local shops, where measuring errors are introduced due to scaling 100psi worth of boost at 0-5v vs. scaling 18.5psi on a stock N54 sensor across 0-4.6v that it measures.
    because that would eliminate his agenda and introuduce quantifiable data. and that stuff doesnt belong on the internet

  21. #71
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    because that would eliminate his agenda and introuduce quantifiable data. and that stuff doesnt belong on the internet
    My agenda is to run more boost, how has that not been clear?

    @dzenno , i'll have more real life experience since im getting tuned at PRS once i get my clutch installed/broken in. To be honest, i am not going to bother trying to ask them for logs, they couldnt produce them when i ask for details on the Fuel trims of his 50:50 E85 tune. I think there is a disconnect between the front office staff/tuner. If they arent sustaining 19psi for long periods of time, that would explain it. But i would still be interested in how they are keeping the DME from overreacting/getting throttle closures.

    I hope you guys arent taking this the wrong way, its just frustrating to keep hearing wait for ATR, wait for ATR - all will be fixed and when it does drop it still has these pitiful limitations. Looks like i might have to pick up a JB4.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    you just keep harping over that you "heard" this guy is above 19 psi, but your not showing anything, your not bringing anyone here to show us, you keep just saying it, and everyone keeps saying ther are limitations, and there are ways around it. but your just throwing a random abritray number out there from what you heard some place did for some other guy at some random point in time..

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,221
    Rep Points
    1,817.6
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I just called PRS, they said they were running 56 psi




    Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    120
    Rep Points
    148.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    So clever...

    So how does one "put race logic in"

    We're just curious here, if you're not supposed to discuss specifics just say so!

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,379
    Rep Points
    32,773.6
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you just keep harping over that you "heard" this guy is above 19 psi, but your not showing anything, your not bringing anyone here to show us, you keep just saying it, and everyone keeps saying ther are limitations, and there are ways around it. but your just throwing a random abritray number out there from what you heard some place did for some other guy at some random point in time..
    I'm going to take a wild guess here and say Cobb knows what they are talking about regarding the limit.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •