Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    402 is electric, best ever.... they totally nailed it...
    Correcting... PTF had electric stuff in it...
    haha
    best maps ever...
    Last edited by enrita; 07-09-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait to get ahold of these new maps!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Is the V402 is exclusive only to selected AP owners?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tranic335i Click here to enlarge
    Is the V402 is exclusive only to selected AP owners?
    yes but should be released this week.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweet just in time. My AP should be arriving later this week

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    402 is electric, best ever.... they totally nailed it...
    Correcting... PTF had electric stuff in it...
    haha
    best maps ever...
    Well that's good news..... Except now I'm going stir crazy waiting for the v402 maps to get released Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Well that's good news..... Except now I'm going stir crazy waiting for the v402 maps to get released Click here to enlarge
    If you've had any issues with boost oscillation these are definitely the ticket, butter smooth
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cobb is releasing them tomorrow fellas Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't Wait!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dfv2 Click here to enlarge
    Cobb is releasing them tomorrow fellas Click here to enlarge
    Just wanted to confirm this. Click here to enlarge

- Gary

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    got it yesterday and yes it is silky smooth!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by COBB Tuning Click here to enlarge
    Just wanted to confirm this. Click here to enlarge

- Gary
    Isn't it fun to chase down various boards with an overlap in members/markets but a strong divide in sponsorship...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Question for Cobb (or PTF): Do the 4.02 maps have the same issue the 4.01 did, where a raise in boost limit value would cause the car to start into a limp mode of sorts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Question for Cobb (or PTF): Do the 4.02 maps have the same issue the 4.01 did, where a raise in boost limit value would cause the car to start into a limp mode of sorts?
    Unfortunately the same issue is there when it comes to changing the boost limit value. Its not a quick fix even thought it may seem that way. We have to change it on some DMEs without issues for those with RB/TD turbos so we can go past the 1.28bar limit. This is how for instance on my car I was able to target 21.5psi low end, midrange, 19psi at 6500rpm tapering to 17.5-18psi at redline.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Just FYI, There out! Go get'em!!! Click here to enlarge

Thanks guys,
    Jason
    Jason@COBB
    BMW R&D Calibration Guru
    Click here to enlarge
    Website | Forums | Blogs | Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    Just FYI, There out! Go get'em!!! Click here to enlarge

Thanks guys,
    Jason
    Damnit. I saw my COBB laying on the table when I left home for work today. FKKKKKKK Looks like I'm going home for lunch...
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately the same issue is there when it comes to changing the boost limit value. Its not a quick fix even thought it may seem that way. We have to change it on some DMEs without issues for those with RB/TD turbos so we can go past the 1.28bar limit. This is how for instance on my car I was able to target 21.5psi low end, midrange, 19psi at 6500rpm tapering to 17.5-18psi at redline.
    Not sure i'm understanding your statement. How are you guys getting past the 1.28 bar limit? Is it purposefully limited to that in ATR to prevent dumbasses from running too much boost, or is it a software issue? It seems that ATP tunes dont have this issue, which leads me to believe Cobb throttled us back in ATR, to idiot proof it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure i'm understanding your statement. How are you guys getting past the 1.28 bar limit? Is it purposefully limited to that in ATR to prevent dumbasses from running too much boost, or is it a software issue? It seems that ATP tunes dont have this issue, which leads me to believe Cobb throttled us back in ATR, to idiot proof it.
    Not sure there is really much to clarify but I'll try. When I did alpha testing with RB turbos, meth, with Cobb on my car (and after that they've done some on their own car) they've introduced changes to the DME operating system code to do with boost limits as well as lifted a fueling limit through a MAF fix that opens up the fuel capacity further from just stock table reflash (if you recall a thread where i posted about a software limit imposed in the DME's OS logic which would cap the fuel system at a certain high value). In addition to that there is also some special code/handling that smooths shifts at very high load levels with RB/TD turbos for automatic (stock and built) transmissions making them silky smooth (see @enrita 's posts on transmission shifts). All this stuff is still alpha and not ready for general public release by any means. It is only there since the guys at Cobb were nice enough to work with a few of us who shamelessly bugged them for max power out of our upgraded hybrid turbo setups. Unofficially this is referred to as AccessTuner race code and it is separate from each map/calibration. Only in very unique cases is this being used and so far only has support on I8A0S and IJE0S.

Lastly, NONE of this matters at all for stock turbo N54 setups and those that aren't pushing really high load levels.

Hopefully that explains it...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Not sure there is really much to clarify but I'll try. When I did alpha testing with RB turbos, meth, with Cobb on my car (and after that they've done some on their own car) they've introduced changes to the DME operating system code to do with boost limits as well as lifted a fueling limit through a MAF fix that opens up the fuel capacity further from just stock table reflash (if you recall a thread where i posted about a software limit imposed in the DME's OS logic which would cap the fuel system at a certain high value). In addition to that there is also some special code/handling that smooths shifts at very high load levels with RB/TD turbos for automatic (stock and built) transmissions making them silky smooth (see @enrita 's posts on transmission shifts). All this stuff is still alpha and not ready for general public release by any means. It is only there since the guys at Cobb were nice enough to work with a few of us who shamelessly bugged them for max power out of our upgraded hybrid turbo setups. Unofficially this is referred to as AccessTuner race code and it is separate from each map/calibration. Only in very unique cases is this being used and so far only has support on I8A0S and IJE0S.

Lastly, NONE of this matters at all for stock turbo N54 setups and those that aren't pushing really high load levels.

Hopefully that explains it...
    Thanks for the in depth response. I still dont understand how all of that correlated to a 18.6 psi boost ceiling though? In ATR if you set the boost ceiling above 1.28 bar it immediately throws the car into a limp dick type mode of operation where it stalls and wont rev. Is this "ATR code" the only way to raise the boost ceiling?

EDIT: The shop that is going to protune my car was able to get 19+ psi out of another members FBO + E85 + Meth setup on stock turbos. Is the option to exceed 18.6 psi only available to ATP users?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So there are rom files publically availible that DO limit boost ceiling, and private (alpha/ATP) rom files that do not..?

Cobb (Josh, Gary, whomever) - is this "on purpose" - what's the story here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So there are rom files publically availible that DO limit boost ceiling, and private (alpha/ATP) rom files that do not..?

Cobb (Josh, Gary, whomever) - is this "on purpose" - what's the story here?
    The DME is limited to 1.28 bar or 18.56 PSI. This is both a hardware restriction (the stock sensor saturates) and a software limitation. Our current release versions of ATR and ATP have the same tuning capability's, both retain the stock 1.28 bar ceiling.

We are working on the ability to raise boost above these levels, it is still in the DEVELOPMENT phase of its life-cycle. Dzenno (on his personal car) has been of assistance with the testing / implementation of these new features, but these changes are not yet ready for mass consumption.

Hope this clears it up. Click here to enlarge

Cheers!
    Jason@COBB
    BMW R&D Calibration Guru
    Click here to enlarge
    Website | Forums | Blogs | Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The DME is limited to 1.28 bar or 18.56 PSI. This is both a hardware restriction (the stock sensor saturates) and a software limitation. Our current release versions of ATR and ATP have the same tuning capability's, both retain the stock 1.28 bar ceiling.

We are working on the ability to raise boost above these levels, it is still in the DEVELOPMENT phase of its life-cycle. Dzenno (on his personal car) has been of assistance with the testing / implementation of these new features, but these changes are not yet ready for mass consumption.

Cheers!
    Explains why I was throwing 2ABC codes during RB turbo testing. Not sure if you know the issue with my car and the Cobb maps, but it was related to the fact my turbos are extremely boost happy. Rob fixed the 2ABC issue, but he pulled a TON of WGDC out of my maps and it was close, but it never got there and you guys are WAY too busy to be custom tuning a single person Click here to enlarge I'll harass @jhershorin and @dzenno instead now lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Cheers!
    Strange... E90SOFLO got protuned at Performance Race Solutions and they were hitting over 19psi with no issue. How is this possible?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man i almost pulled the trigger on getting a single turbo kit from a shop designing their own and wanting to protune it, really glad i turned it down at the last minute LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Strange... E90SOFLO got protuned at Performance Race Solutions and they were hitting over 19psi with no issue. How is this possible?
    show the log

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast