Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    When my car was getting warrantied services done the other day, I actually called them up and asked if they could do the 231E upgrade. My SA told me that they are not allowed to do it at the moment since I didn't mention or complain about it earlier. He did tell me though to schedule another appointment in the future and just complain of "problems" and he would make sure to order in a full update of my modules and DME.

I would recommend you have your dealer do it especially since you actually have a reason to bring it in and you are warrantied.
    Thanks - I will definitely give it a try. I figure since I am getting other work done - and have an actual complaint, it wouldn't be a problem - just never know with BMW. I will just complain about the radio - and hopefully they give it for free. It is an actual problem, just cannot prove it happened - as it's not an issue anymore. I wonder why they chose to put the logic for almost everything in one computer - kind of seems like a cost saving measure on the factory side of things, but a customer+dealer costing measure on the other... Click here to enlarge

Thanks - appreciate it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's cool, Sal is a good guy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge
    That's cool, Sal is a good guy!
    He definitely is! Thanks to him, I learned a lot about how these BMWs are tuned, how DMEs work, and how to analyze data. As superficial as my knowledge is and how complicated I find it, I give much respect to all of you in the tuning industry. Simply amazing what you all can do.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12