Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Dz do you intend to run more boost? The RBs can take it right?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Dz do you intend to run more boost? The RBs can take it right?
    This car is driven hard on the road coarse, on pump gas, no meth. Yes, RBs can definitely take more boost but you have to consider a couple more things...

More boost would make more peak power on dyno but would be bad on the road course due to heat (heat soak) introduced from the blowers. Its a balance and when we make these maps the first thing we try to understand is the sort of driving and what the car is being used for. There will be dyno queens, perfect weather conditions, show off type runs that some people want. Others want to run their cars predictably and controllably at the road course, while yet others will hit the strip and want that 1 pass in 20-30mins to be strong on race gas or pump+e85 and meth. Every car is a bit different, every driver wants something else with their car and on top of that put on differences in octane, weather, elevation, mods efficiency...equation is not fixed and every car is maximized in different ways...Some cars will take more boost less timing, some less boost more timing, throttle maps change, fuel mappings change, wgdc calibration etc etc.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Really great results looking foward to you running it. Quick question what is the typical rate for a pro-tune?
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

94oct FTW. His website states $149 for a tune, which is pretty damn reasonable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

How's the eTune work?? IIRC it's basically an emailing back and forth of a couple of logs & making tweaks as you go along??
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    How's the eTune work?? IIRC it's basically an emailing back and forth of a couple of logs & making tweaks as you go along??
    Yes, it is an iterative process. People are highly encouraged to hit a dyno in the end and confirm before/after results.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Very Nice! I may have to drive up and see you when I get my RBs and meth in Click here to enlarge

I wonder how much more you could have found if he'd had meth Click here to enlarge
    08 E92 335xi 6MT: Cobb/PTF Stage 3, RB Turbos, Aquamist HSF-4 @ 90/10, CM FX850, Quaife LSD, Suspension by Koni/TCK/Swift, CP-E Catless DPs, ETS 7" FMIC, BMS OCC, Stett CAI & CP/Forge DVs, UUC Evo3, OZ Alleggeritas/w PSS, H&R 20mm ASB, M3 SF bushings, Megan Racing control arms. Going on soon: WOTbox. Stett Oil Cooler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Yes, it is an iterative process. People are highly encouraged to hit a dyno in the end and confirm before/after results.
    Truu.... Only problem is having access to a dyno/somewhere you can get some quality pulls in. Dzenno, hows the cylinder head that you were blogging about? I see that VAC is offering something similiar & just wanted to know if you had any #s on gains (I saw that there were very nice flow gains, wasn't sure about HP/TQ numbers just yet). Also wanted to know if you guys were putting the new cylinder heads with aftermarket or OEM snails..... Thanks in advance

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Truu.... Only problem is having access to a dyno/somewhere you can get some quality pulls in. Dzenno, hows the cylinder head that you were blogging about? I see that VAC is offering something similiar & just wanted to know if you had any #s on gains (I saw that there were very nice flow gains, wasn't sure about HP/TQ numbers just yet). Also wanted to know if you guys were putting the new cylinder heads with aftermarket or OEM snails..... Thanks in advance
    Try searching! dzenno has RBs.

http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...lling-the-head

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=Rbs
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cyniclaus Click here to enlarge
    Very Nice! I may have to drive up and see you when I get my RBs and meth in Click here to enlarge

I wonder how much more you could have found if he'd had meth Click here to enlarge
    With meth, on Andy's car with results shown above, with exact same crappy weather conditions (say it was the same day), without retuning i'd expect it to instantly pick up another 15whp...i'm always on the conservative side so who knows, might be more...with a retune for meth and if we were to go all out AND keep the crap conditions the same I'd say another 30whp (again, maybe more)...so same conditions, with pump+meth and a retune, about 440-445whp conservatively speaking on THIS dyno in THIS weather...change the dyno and go somewhere with a higher baseline (some of which i've seen posted on the forums) and you get your glory run if you're into that kind of stuff...i personally don't care, we're here to show good deltas and custom made tunes to what the driver of the car wants out of their ride

I am waiting word from the shop awaiting on my exhaust valves to arrive. No dyno numbers yet obviously as the car's in pieces at Columbus Automotive (Ivo's shop)...i can't wait for it to be retested on the flow bench with the new valves (also new springs and retainers by the sounds of it, titanium) and see the final numbers before slapping it back on the car

As soon as I have something to share I'll update the cylinder head thread on here with more info...this head on my car will be used with RBs at the moment as that is what I run on the car right now...i wanted to go through VAC to do the head initially but they still had some work to be done with it at the time, were also very busy with their head porting guy having suffered an injury and being unavailable full time...in the meantime found an amazing local shop and went with them instead...i'm sure VAC won't disappoint, great shop from everything I've read so far!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I can't wait until I finally am able to get a chance to have some one on one time with MR HershorinClick here to enlarge
    My work schedule(and now all that damn storm damage) has kept me REALLY busy but soon, hopefully
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Try searching! dzenno has RBs.
    I wasn't sure if the upgraded cylinder head was going on his car or a car that he was working on (since he does COBB ProTunes).... That's why I asked

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I wasn't sure if the upgraded cylinder head was going on his car or a car that he was working on (since he does COBB ProTunes).... That's why I asked
    No worries. The head, given everything goes as planned, will also make it on another N54 (535XI 6AT with RB turbos) right after mine is done. Depending on results on the dyno there may be great gains on stock turbos too. PAW Motorsports has claimed +40hp on stock turbos at just 14psi of boost by just unbolting the head and 100hp with upgraded turbos. Those are not my numbers. I'm just going by what someone else has estimated with their own work on the N54 head.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Got a few aces up my sleeve eh? Click here to enlarge thx far...post it up on e90 hehe ban in 3,2,1..maybe not though if you say it was pro tuning freaks and not dzenno...i think saying that gives jason an odd twitch and a bad rash that doesnt go away easily lol
    Well I did it and it is still up, to bad they banned you because people posted some good questions, and your best one to answer them, I hope they change your status so you can give them the info they need.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

No worries. The head, given everything goes as planned, will also make it on another N54 (535XI 6AT with RB turbos) right after mine is done. Depending on results on the dyno there may be great gains on stock turbos too. PAW Motorsports has claimed +40hp on stock turbos at just 14psi of boost by just unbolting the head and 100hp with upgraded turbos. Those are not my numbers. I'm just going by what someone else has estimated with their own work on the N54 head.
    I'd be happy to give my car up (for the greater cause of the community of course) and try the upgraded head with my stock turbos. However, we should get a core or two in the cycle to keep down time at a minimum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Hmmm...... This seems like a more realistic gains right now since the aftermarket Intake/Exhaust manifolds are still in the R&D stages. The upgraded cylinder head should put an OEM Snail'd FBO N54 w/o Meth (thinking COBB Stg 2+FMIC Aggressive/ProTuned) just over 400 WHP Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Well I did it and it is still up, to bad they banned you because people posted some good questions, and your best one to answer them, I hope they change your status so you can give them the info they need.
    They should really unban me now as its now 110% clear i was only speaking truth and facts that made it into shiv's single turbo kit Click here to enlarge w/e though

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    I'd be happy to give my car up (for the greater cause of the community of course) and try the upgraded head with my stock turbos. However, we should get a core or two in the cycle to keep down time at a minimum.
    My head is being done as favour for favour. We'll see if this shop wants to put up with my bmw freaks Click here to enlarge we get too demanding sometimes, i know i do lol

Hmmm...... This seems like a more realistic gains right now since the aftermarket Intake/Exhaust manifolds are still in the R&D stages. The upgraded cylinder head should put an OEM Snail'd FBO N54 w/o Meth (thinking COBB Stg 2+FMIC Aggressive/ProTuned) just over 400 WHP Click here to enlarge
    We'll see, that'd be sweet for sure.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Dzenno, you looked like a master technician yesterday! Good job on Andy's car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    Dzenno, you looked like a master technician yesterday! Good job on Andy's car.
    Thanks man...when are we burning over and through that giac? Click here to enlarge just kidding, your car is beast
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Those are some great results, I'm in love with what I see after 5500rpm haha. It looks like the recent issues have scared a lot of people away from meth, but that kind of power on pump would be quite fun!

If my turbo/tranny upgrade works out I'd much rather have you tune it than myself so I will definitely get in touch with you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

great numbers D
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

These are great numbers indeed. Maybe I'll have to send you a PM next week when the RBs are operational. I'm not looking for a dyno queen either, it's not unusual for me to drive at very high speed/load for 5+ hours, so I like your approach on this particular tune, and I'm very impressed with the results Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

There's more in that car. How's the tranny shifting? I know that was my #1 issue.

When I was working with Rob, it seemed they got that part squared away, it was just dialing in the PID that was causing issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Nice work here Dzenno, lemme know when you get your car back and plan on hitting Cayuga. I am getting the mod itch again.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    Those are some great results, I'm in love with what I see after 5500rpm haha. It looks like the recent issues have scared a lot of people away from meth, but that kind of power on pump would be quite fun!

If my turbo/tranny upgrade works out I'd much rather have you tune it than myself so I will definitely get in touch with you!
    Sounds good man..who's doing the tranny upgrade for you?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    great numbers D
    thanks ms6

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    These are great numbers indeed. Maybe I'll have to send you a PM next week when the RBs are operational. I'm not looking for a dyno queen either, it's not unusual for me to drive at very high speed/load for 5+ hours, so I like your approach on this particular tune, and I'm very impressed with the results Click here to enlarge
    thanks Joe, let me know and we can try it out

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    There's more in that car. How's the tranny shifting? I know that was my #1 issue.

When I was working with Rob, it seemed they got that part squared away, it was just dialing in the PID that was causing issues.
    This car I didn't want to push to the bleeding edge as its road course driven AND its pump gas only, at least at the moment it is. If Andy decides to run race gas and/or meth mix or just 100% water we'll retune and see where that takes it in terms of tuning. RBs definitely have more boost left in them given this is peak 18psi (hard boost limiter set at the same level as stg2+ agg map, didn't touch it) no doubt there's more left for down the road if so desired.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Nice work here Dzenno, lemme know when you get your car back and plan on hitting Cayuga. I am getting the mod itch again.
    Thanks Joe. I am really hoping my cyl head will be ready next week or latest the week after. Let you know brother. That beast of yours, still can't get over that 11.5 you pulled off that day on the stockers Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast