Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Post COBB PRO TUNED: 2009 BMW 335XI, +47AWHP +61AWTQ @ 6500RPM, over the COBB OTS Stage2+ Aggressive map

Hit the dyno with Andy’s (Andy1991 on e90post/n54tech) 2009 BMW 335xi. Scorcher outside, 95F. On top of that the car is AWD so naturally higher drivetrain losses than RWD (10-12% RWD drivetrain losses vs. 20-22% drivetrain losses in the AWD 335xi). Bone stock, XIs make 247awhp/260awtq on this same type of dyno, in much nicer weather conditions.

Dyno was a Dynojet 424X 4WD dyno, typically a lower reading dyno than your average 2WD Dynojet. Andy’s car has full boltons (intake, fmic, catless downpipes and exhaust), RB turbos and runs pump gas only, no methanol injection.

The car went on the dyno with OTS Stage2+ Aggressive (Linear Throttle). It made 369awhp/396awtq with power and torque tapering towards redline.After our custom calibration with Cobb’s AccessTuner we made what we feel are some impressive gains especially given awful weather conditions and pump gas only.

Result: Peak gains of +27awhp, +23awtq peak compared to the Off The Shelf (OTS) Stage 2+ Aggressive Cobb tune (this peak power dyno below shows a lower peak torque reading than another one that was done after this one. We didn't do too many pulls on the dyno, 1 hour only and that included taking his strut brace off, cowl, engine cover, etc etc. Luckily we did a lot of the tuning on the street a couple days earlier so dyno would go relatively quick making only small adjustments.

What’s really impressive is at 6500rpm the car gained +47awhp +61awtq over the stage2+ map!

With nicer weather conditions the car will no doubt make another 15-20whp easily on pump gas. If Andy were to add methanol injection, given the relatively conservative tuning we are running at this point (18psi peak) we have plenty of room to grow.

Andy is a road course junkie and in his world controllable power at the tip of his foot means more than peak hp. We’ve also adjusted his linear throttle map further to his liking for better tip in feel and smoothness.In case you’re wondering, a similarly equipped RWD 335i would baseline considerably higher (270-280whp instead of 247awhp with the XI). If we went wild and quickly single handedly just swapped Andy’s drivetrain to RWD lol this same car would’ve put down approximately 440-450whp on PUMP gas in 95F conditions (today), 465-470whp in nicer weather, which is pretty astounding at least to us.

Point is in the delta, not dyno queen numbers. Dyno chart attached.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 07-04-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

very nice, killer dd setup on straight pump... give me that $#@! in rwd please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Nice work! I assume he's MT? With the custom map I noticed the AFR doesn't drop to 12 as fast as the stage 2+ OTS map, can anything be done to help that? Car must be a blast!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    very nice, killer dd setup on straight pump... give me that $#@! in rwd please.
    thanks!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Nice work! I assume he's MT? With the custom map I noticed the AFR doesn't drop to 12 as fast as the stage 2+ OTS map, can anything be done to help that? Car must be a blast!
    The AFR is due to lean spool mode which I left active as I feel it is a good idea. Lean spool was also on for the stg2+ agg pull. The difference between the two pulls is the stg2+ agg pull was started very low, 1500rpm, while the other was started at around 2300rpm...thus the initial AFR spike...nothing to worry about
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

NICE! thats a beast on pump. Dzenno once you have created a beast lol. Cant wait till you get your car back, i'll be waiting at Cayuga. Man i need to figure out ATR so i can create my own beastly map.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pho_e92 Click here to enlarge
    NICE! thats a beast on pump. Dzenno once you have created a beast lol. Cant wait till you get your car back, i'll be waiting at Cayuga. Man i need to figure out ATR so i can create my own beastly map.
    Thanks man. Can't wait to get the car back, been way too long! Cayuga time for sure, as soon as I get my hands on it again. ATR isn't terribly hard to use. It takes time to learn the principles/fundamentals of tuning first (google is your friend there, and some books too), knowing what this particular engine enjoys or doesn't enjoy, knowing what the driver wants in terms of overall feel/response, and then taking all that into the mix with given octane/mods/conditions making a nice calibration in the end...if you're eager enough, street tuning and tons of datalogging will get you to learn a lot...many of us on here will also help out and answer any questions you may have about it so don't be shy...in the end if you give up on it just give me a holler and i'll make one with your datalogging help Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice work Dzenno, I know my confidence in you was not missed placed!Click here to enlarge

I wander what would happen if I posted this on that other forum?Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Wow, very nice!! Would be great if you had a RB 6AT map ready when my RBs arrive Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Is his car AT or MT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Dzenno's car is MT, the car he just tuned is MT as well.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: Audi R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires, Capristo x-pipe
    Gone: Audi R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Very nice, if I went rb's I too would be straight pump, very impressive numbers
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Impressive!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Great work. Boost curve? Did you have to do any dialing in on the WG tables for the RBs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

The car thar was tuned is an automatic 6AT XI with paddles Click here to enlarge RB tune for 6AT pump is ready but due to wg variances every car will be a bit special.

My own car is 6MT
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Great work. Boost curve? Did you have to do any dialing in on the WG tables for the RBs?
    18psi peak down low tapering to 14psi at redline...on acerage a 16.5-17psi tune
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Nice work Dzenno, I know my confidence in you was not missed placed!Click here to enlarge

I wander what would happen if I posted this on that other forum?Click here to enlarge
    Got a few aces up my sleeve eh? Click here to enlarge thx far...post it up on e90 hehe ban in 3,2,1..maybe not though if you say it was pro tuning freaks and not dzenno...i think saying that gives jason an odd twitch and a bad rash that doesnt go away easily lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    The car thar was tuned is an automatic 6AT XI with paddles Click here to enlarge RB tune for 6AT pump is ready but due to wg variances every car will be a bit special.

My own car is 6MT
    Very impressive, sick #'s bro! This was done i assume on 93 Oct right.
    Is his AT built or stock, Also wondering how his Transfer Case is holding up with that power.
    Hmm I was ready to ditch my XI for a RWD this might change my mind if i dont end up getting a beater and getting a RWD as planned. Might have to hit you up later in the year sometime and hook a Balkan brotha up! lol

Nice work man!
    JB4+usb | BMS OCC | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | ER CP + Forge DVs | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumpers | Cyba Red Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | Matte Black Window Trim | 30% Tints | Sports & Winter package | Black Leather Int. | Aluminium Trim | & a few other things...Tuned by: Burger Motorsports.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BES335xi Click here to enlarge
    Very impressive, sick #'s bro! This was done i assume on 93 Oct right.
    Is his AT built or stock, Also wondering how his Transfer Case is holding up with that power.
    Hmm I was ready to ditch my XI for a RWD this might change my mind if i dont end up getting a beater and getting a RWD as planned. Might have to hit you up later in the year sometime and hook a Balkan brotha up! lol

Nice work man!
    Thanks BES. This was done on our pump sunoco 94 octane. We don't have 93 up here in Canada, only 87, 89, 91 and 94. His transmission is 100% stock. He's a road course junkie but has twin oil coolers. I've always been a believer that auto transmissions main killer was oil breakdown due to high temps. Andy has twin AR oil coolers in his vents. I'll be working with the guys at Cobb to see if we can expose the cooling tables for the pump/fan so we can calibrate those (like what Dinan does) for those that see road course duty often.

Balkans is where its at man Click here to enlarge no wonder both world wars started there lol cheers
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Cant wait to test mine!!!
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Representing the Balkans here as well. Click here to enlarge On the side note, I've been testing the 4.02 alpha Stage 2+FMIC maps and I have to tell you that they do make more power than the 3.02 ones... and they are MUCH, MUCH smoother.

I wonder how much room is left for protuning work on the OTS maps and stock turbos...
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Cant wait to test mine!!!
    Sending you an email today. Figured out that little thingy we talked about..

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Representing the Balkans here as well. Click here to enlarge On the side note, I've been testing the 4.02 alpha Stage 2+FMIC maps and I have to tell you that they do make more power than the 3.02 ones... and they are MUCH, MUCH smoother.

I wonder how much room is left for protuning work on the OTS maps and stock turbos...
    Balkans in the house, wow! Click here to enlarge Just as an FYI, the above was based on the v400 series of maps...v302 did make less power than the v400 ones...v40x maps are refinements, fixes and further DME support and no additional power over v400

I have a couple cars we're working on...enrita's 6AT TD car (remote tune), a 6AT RB car (local tune, pump, meth, e85 mix), another 6MT RB car (remote tune, pump and possibly meth), and then a couple stock turbo cars with different combos of mods from just an intake on it to fbo+meth..i should have more pro tune updates for you guys in the next while...

What I'm surprised about is how many people are actually reluctant to run meth due to fires...what did you guys do to them? there's more stock e90 3"2"5i going up in engine flames than 335is...just google it..
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 07-05-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

^^ Good to know. I hope my car does not go into overboost on the track as it did with 4.00 beta maps. I'll be testing it soon @ Gingerman
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    I have a couple cars we're working on...enrita's 6AT TD car (remote tune), a 6AT RB car (local tune, pump, meth, e85 mix), another 6MT RB car (remote tune, pump and possibly meth)
    Hello! Click here to enlarge

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: Audi R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires, Capristo x-pipe
    Gone: Audi R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    Hello! Click here to enlarge

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

awesome results!!! extracting that much more power at the ~same boost levels on the same gas is NOT easy!! Looks like a great success, keep up the good work!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast