Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by narusa Click here to enlarge
    Few parts arrived today,multilayer head gasket,ARP head studs,crank and rod shells

Attachment 19248Attachment 19249Attachment 19250Attachment 19251Attachment 19252
    All work will be done by you?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes all work so far i did myself,and gonna continue that trend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At last,today i got a new engine block,saying new-its used,its from M3 cab which spun rod bearing.So now tomorrow its off to machine shop for honing,and hopefully assembling will start very soon.Cant wait to get behind the wheel of my M3 again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At last,today i got a new engine block,saying new-its used,its from M3 cab which spun rod bearing.So now tomorrow its off to machine shop for honing,and hopefully assembling will start very soon.Cant wait to get behind the wheel of my M3 again.
    Where did you get it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice!

You should pick up some treated rod bearings while you're at it.

Any plans to do custom tuning for the kit when it's all put together?
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got the set of ARP rod bolts alright.Also i would like to put Intercooler of some kind of charged cooler.Still dont know what would be the best in my situation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Some update to my project,it seems im having all the bad luck fining parts.Last piece of the puzzle was an engine block,the thing is here in Ireland its very hard to get one,full engine no problem but parts for S54 are rare.Actualy i managed to get two engine blocks but both,when come out of machine shop,are scrap,too much rust on cylinder walls.I hate that situation when work on my engine is idling.
    But yesterday my bad luck have changed-somebodies else have ran out,got a call from a friend and today i bought crashed e46M3,so i gonna have lodes of parts Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some update to my project,it seems im having all the bad luck fining parts.Last piece of the puzzle was an engine block,the thing is here in Ireland its very hard to get one,full engine no problem but parts for S54 are rare.Actualy i managed to get two engine blocks but both,when come out of machine shop,are scrap,too much rust on cylinder walls.I hate that situation when work on my engine is idling.
    But yesterday my bad luck have changed-somebodies else have ran out,got a call from a friend and today i bought crashed e46M3,so i gonna have lodes of parts Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Awesome!!! how much was the wrecked M3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The crashed M3 was quit expensive,but when i sell on other parts it should leave me with cheap engine-thats a plan anyway.
    So day went quit good all car is stripped,parts washed and ready to go to new homes.But the most important part for me is an engine.Today i managed to strip everything around it,wash it and degrease it.Plan for tommorow-remove a head,install new,remove a sump,install rod and main bearings,and maybe install my other cylinder head,with ARP studs and thicker metal gasket.

Fotos from today:
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great update! Your car will be back and running stronger than ever!

What brand Rod Bearings did you get? Are they treated or coated?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I opted for VAC Motorsport bearings-they a coated.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I opted for VAC Motorsport bearings-they a coated.
    Click here to enlarge
    Nice! I hear pretty good things about the VAC bearings. Definitely keep us posted how everything turns out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice choie for VAC Beating i have this too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last couple days i was pretty busy with my day job so didn't have as much time as i wanted to spend on my engine rebuild.Still did few things.
    At last got a call from machine shop that my block come out 100%-i cant be happyer with that.By the way the running engine i pulled the block from was 2002,and it has done 97k miles,and the head gasket between second and third cylinder was just hanging on, probably another 100 miles would have killed that engine.So anybody out there have some spare cash or time on they hands-do a head gasket.
    Right block is back,new main gearings installed,crank is in.Now preparing pistons-mainly cleaning,and getting them ready for new piston rings.Also collected few parts from vapour cleaners,they look as new.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow looks so nice new and clean Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Last couple days i was pretty busy with my day job so didn't have as much time as i wanted to spend on my engine rebuild.Still did few things.
    At last got a call from machine shop that my block come out 100%-i cant be happyer with that.By the way the running engine i pulled the block from was 2002,and it has done 97k miles,and the head gasket between second and third cylinder was just hanging on, probably another 100 miles would have killed that engine.So anybody out there have some spare cash or time on they hands-do a head gasket.
    Right block is back,new main gearings installed,crank is in.Now preparing pistons-mainly cleaning,and getting them ready for new piston rings.Also collected few parts from vapour cleaners,they look as new.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Very nice! Looks good as new.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well last couple days i worked on that engine for few hours a day,now pistons all cleaned,piston rings installed,and pistons mated to the crank,with new rod bearings and ARP bolts-so it should be pretty strong combination.After last piston went in to block i was ready to put the head back on,but disaster struck,VAC send me the wrong head studs-somebody made a mistake, straight away i phoned them,they found the mistake,so new set of correct studs is on the way,it probably will take till the end of the week.So i had some time to get the bottom end sorted,so i did few things which i didn't planned for.First of all i wire brush cleaned engine block, degreased it and painted it british racing green Click here to enlarge,should be fast colour.Then i installed timing chain cover with new gaskets and new oil seal.And today was time for a sump.After i brought it back from vapour cleaners it looks so damn nice,so it was a big decision what to do with it,paint it or leave it and it get mucky again.I decided to spray it matt black. Disassembled everything, degreased it,sprayed it and put everything together.Thats where we are now-waiting for head studs Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Amazing update! I can't wait until I do an engine rebuild of my S54B32! I want to paint mine some crazy color, which will probably add about 7349whp...hahaha

Keep it up man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great build man, sorry about the mistake Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow looks great! Good work and keep it coming Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New set of ARP studs still on the way,so i had some lovely time to get creative with paint Click here to enlarge,and also one not planned part was bought,Milltek resonator exhaust section,every little helps.Hope now just exhaust manifold left to upgrade-and exhaust will be pretty much sorted.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just dropping in to check on progress... paint turned out decent... keep it up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Correct studs from VAC just landed,work will continue today,head is going on

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Correct studs from VAC just landed,work will continue today,head is going on

Awesome!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Treads are cleaned,studs installed,head gasket mated to the block-getting ready for a head....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast