Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 226 to 238 of 238
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, I trust that once I'm not a vendor on any other forums that I can be a normal non commercial member?
    Definitely would be a big step towards that.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    3.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey everyone, just wanted to update this thread before I leave the country tonight.
    After a very lengthy conversation, M3Post has unbanned me. I had a long talk with Jason (the head administrator there), and I think there were misunderstandings on both sides surrounding my banning. I found him to be a reputable person, and it seemed clear to me that he has no political allegiances to other vendors. It was very strange how the whole thing transpired, but I am happy that it is cleared up moving forward. Jason certainly has a full plate given the amount of members that forum houses.

    I appreciate everyone’s support and thank you to Joseph for giving me another venue to share my opinion. Singletrack, I hope to see you back on M3Post, if no one else would miss you there, I certainly would. Unfortunately because I am not allowed to post pictures/videos/links in a non-commercial capacity, I will rarely visit this site. If Sticky decides to remove that restriction, I would be much more inclined to participate. Every single other forum (m5board, bimmerfest, e46fan, m3forum) has allowed me to post pictures and links and I am not coined as a "Guest Vendor". I know that if I ceased being a vendor on M3Post, that I would be permitted to continue being a part of the community there less any commercial postings or messages. I do find this very unfair that I'm a guest vendor here with no commercial interest. But I understand and respect Sticky's decision in lieu of my disagreement.

    Thanks everyone, and please feel free to contact me anytime if you need anything I might have that can help you(technical data, etc..). I'll be out of the country for 2-4 weeks but managed to get myself an unlocked iPhone.

    I look forward to (at some point in the future) being able to have the rights of a standard member here. I truly appreciate a lot of the members here and the level of enthusiasm pertaining to these cars. Thanks for allowing me to be a part and for your warm welcome.
    Last edited by Mike Benvo; 08-15-2012 at 10:43 PM.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge
    Hey everyone, just wanted to update this thread before I leave the country tonight.
    After a very lengthy conversation, M3Post has unbanned me. I had a long talk with Jason (the head administrator there), and I think there were misunderstandings on both sides surrounding my banning. I found him to be a reputable person, and it seemed clear to me that he has no political allegiances to other vendors. It was very strange how the whole thing transpired, but I am happy that it is cleared up moving forward. Jason certainly has a full plate given the amount of members that forum houses.

    I appreciate everyone’s support and thank you to Joseph for giving me another venue to share my opinion. Singletrack, I hope to see you back on M3Post, if no one else would miss you there, I certainly would. Unfortunately because I am not allowed to post pictures/videos/links in a non-commercial capacity, I will rarely visit this site. If Sticky decides to remove that restriction, I would be much more inclined to participate. Every single other forum (m5board, bimmerfest, e46fan, m3forum) has allowed me to post pictures and links and I am not coined as a "Guest Vendor". I know that if I ceased being a vendor on M3Post, that I would be permitted to continue being a part of the community there less any commercial postings or messages. I do find this very unfair that I'm a guest vendor here with no commercial interest. But I understand and respect Sticky's decision in lieu of my disagreement.

    Thanks everyone, and please feel free to contact me anytime if you need anything I might have that can help you(technical data, etc..). I'll be out of the country for 2-4 weeks but managed to get myself an unlocked iPhone.

    I look forward to (at some point in the future) being able to have the rights of a standard member here. I truly appreciate a lot of the members here and the level of enthusiasm pertaining to these cars. Thanks for allowing me to be a part and for your warm welcome.
    Glad you worked something out. Personally, I would never consider rejoining actively until Jason agrees to notify users when their posts are deleted. The original data should be allowed to stand on the forum also.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Glad you worked something out. Personally, I would never consider rejoining actively until Jason agrees to notify users when their posts are deleted. The original data should be allowed to stand on the forum also.
    And to add to this this forum is set to AUTOMATICALLY AND INDEPENDENTLY notify users if their posts are moved, deleted, or altered in any way. Not that we delete.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge
    Hey everyone, just wanted to update this thread before I leave the country tonight.
    After a very lengthy conversation, M3Post has unbanned me. I had a long talk with Jason (the head administrator there), and I think there were misunderstandings on both sides surrounding my banning. I found him to be a reputable person, and it seemed clear to me that he has no political allegiances to other vendors. It was very strange how the whole thing transpired, but I am happy that it is cleared up moving forward. Jason certainly has a full plate given the amount of members that forum houses.

    I appreciate everyone’s support and thank you to Joseph for giving me another venue to share my opinion. Singletrack, I hope to see you back on M3Post, if no one else would miss you there, I certainly would. Unfortunately because I am not allowed to post pictures/videos/links in a non-commercial capacity, I will rarely visit this site. If Sticky decides to remove that restriction, I would be much more inclined to participate. Every single other forum (m5board, bimmerfest, e46fan, m3forum) has allowed me to post pictures and links and I am not coined as a "Guest Vendor". I know that if I ceased being a vendor on M3Post, that I would be permitted to continue being a part of the community there less any commercial postings or messages. I do find this very unfair that I'm a guest vendor here with no commercial interest. But I understand and respect Sticky's decision in lieu of my disagreement.

    Thanks everyone, and please feel free to contact me anytime if you need anything I might have that can help you(technical data, etc..). I'll be out of the country for 2-4 weeks but managed to get myself an unlocked iPhone.

    I look forward to (at some point in the future) being able to have the rights of a standard member here. I truly appreciate a lot of the members here and the level of enthusiasm pertaining to these cars. Thanks for allowing me to be a part and for your warm welcome.
    Glad you worked things out but as you stated my decision stands.

    You do choose to sponsor M3post and other sites and as long as you do your restriction will likely stand. We can revisit the issue in the future. I hope you don't just post here every once in a while to use this forums freedom for personal agendas when silenced in other places. As usual though, $ wins.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    3.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    It's not my intention to post here with specific agendas in mind. I'm happy to contribute in any way I can. Thanks everyone and take care!!

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Points
    2.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge
    All of this 231E stuff is just hype from Tom at EAS.

    I don't believe a single dyno that comes out of that place.

    If there is someone on old software, I'm more than happy to update it to 231E on the dyno free of charge to see the "real' difference.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    I may have mentioned this earlier in this thread. I have to agree that all this 231E stuff is hype. Another highly regarded tuner also told me not to expect anything noticeable with the 231E update.

    After putting on a lot more hard miles on my 231E update, I feel pretty much no difference....

    Stumbled upon this thread researching tunes... I know this is somewhat old stuff but I was actually there personally the very same day M3PO was.

    Screencap from my FB from that very day is attached.
    Edit: can't post links. Replace (SLASH) by / and (DOT) by .

    img855(DOT)imageshack.us(SLASH)img855/9456/picture2fx.png

    This is my old E90 behind M3PO's car. You can see the # posted with the mods.

    M3PO's car was definitely pulling some very low numbers, especially for the mods (I think he even got an Evolve tune that day)

    By the time I left he was at 370+ (IIRC) thanks to the 231E or whatever OE tune flash.

    I've been to EAS a few times and gotten acquainted with Tom. I feel it's unfair to call this "hype" as I saw it happen before my own eyes.

    From our chat that day it wasn't the first time either an 08 with a very early tune revision pulled some subpar numbers and thus greatly benefited from the reflash.

    Alex> Unfortunately it looks like you might have wasted your time trying the 231 tune coming from your 220. From what I understood this thing only concerned a handful of 08 cars with early revision of the tune.

    I haven't followed the M3PO thread at all but I thought I'd throw in another perspective.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kaiv Click here to enlarge
    Stumbled upon this thread researching tunes... I know this is somewhat old stuff but I was actually there personally the very same day M3PO was.

    Screencap from my FB from that very day is attached.
    Edit: can't post links. Replace (SLASH) by / and (DOT) by .

    img855(DOT)imageshack.us(SLASH)img855/9456/picture2fx.png

    This is my old E90 behind M3PO's car. You can see the # posted with the mods.

    M3PO's car was definitely pulling some very low numbers, especially for the mods (I think he even got an Evolve tune that day)

    By the time I left he was at 370+ (IIRC) thanks to the 231E or whatever OE tune flash.

    I've been to EAS a few times and gotten acquainted with Tom. I feel it's unfair to call this "hype" as I saw it happen before my own eyes.

    From our chat that day it wasn't the first time either an 08 with a very early tune revision pulled some subpar numbers and thus greatly benefited from the reflash.

    Alex> Unfortunately it looks like you might have wasted your time trying the 231 tune coming from your 220. From what I understood this thing only concerned a handful of 08 cars with early revision of the tune.

    I haven't followed the M3PO thread at all but I thought I'd throw in another perspective.
    Thanks for your perspective but I think it's fair to think of these new factory tunes adding a ton of horsepower as hype.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    we ever hear anything about this, or short-term memories?

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    we ever hear anything about this, or short-term memories?
    I think we all know what happened.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,702
    Rep Points
    2,103.8
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think we all know what happened.
    LOL what happened?
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32
    Rep Points
    51.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    LOL what happened?
    EAS lied and Jason covered up for them because they pay him fees

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Benvo posts moved to their own thread: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-tuning-issues

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •