Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, I trust that once I'm not a vendor on any other forums that I can be a normal non commercial member?
    Definitely would be a big step towards that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey everyone, just wanted to update this thread before I leave the country tonight.
    After a very lengthy conversation, M3Post has unbanned me. I had a long talk with Jason (the head administrator there), and I think there were misunderstandings on both sides surrounding my banning. I found him to be a reputable person, and it seemed clear to me that he has no political allegiances to other vendors. It was very strange how the whole thing transpired, but I am happy that it is cleared up moving forward. Jason certainly has a full plate given the amount of members that forum houses.

I appreciate everyone’s support and thank you to Joseph for giving me another venue to share my opinion. Singletrack, I hope to see you back on M3Post, if no one else would miss you there, I certainly would. Unfortunately because I am not allowed to post pictures/videos/links in a non-commercial capacity, I will rarely visit this site. If Sticky decides to remove that restriction, I would be much more inclined to participate. Every single other forum (m5board, bimmerfest, e46fan, m3forum) has allowed me to post pictures and links and I am not coined as a "Guest Vendor". I know that if I ceased being a vendor on M3Post, that I would be permitted to continue being a part of the community there less any commercial postings or messages. I do find this very unfair that I'm a guest vendor here with no commercial interest. But I understand and respect Sticky's decision in lieu of my disagreement.

Thanks everyone, and please feel free to contact me anytime if you need anything I might have that can help you(technical data, etc..). I'll be out of the country for 2-4 weeks but managed to get myself an unlocked iPhone.

I look forward to (at some point in the future) being able to have the rights of a standard member here. I truly appreciate a lot of the members here and the level of enthusiasm pertaining to these cars. Thanks for allowing me to be a part and for your warm welcome.
    Last edited by Mike Benvo; 08-15-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hey everyone, just wanted to update this thread before I leave the country tonight.
    After a very lengthy conversation, M3Post has unbanned me. I had a long talk with Jason (the head administrator there), and I think there were misunderstandings on both sides surrounding my banning. I found him to be a reputable person, and it seemed clear to me that he has no political allegiances to other vendors. It was very strange how the whole thing transpired, but I am happy that it is cleared up moving forward. Jason certainly has a full plate given the amount of members that forum houses.

I appreciate everyone’s support and thank you to Joseph for giving me another venue to share my opinion. Singletrack, I hope to see you back on M3Post, if no one else would miss you there, I certainly would. Unfortunately because I am not allowed to post pictures/videos/links in a non-commercial capacity, I will rarely visit this site. If Sticky decides to remove that restriction, I would be much more inclined to participate. Every single other forum (m5board, bimmerfest, e46fan, m3forum) has allowed me to post pictures and links and I am not coined as a "Guest Vendor". I know that if I ceased being a vendor on M3Post, that I would be permitted to continue being a part of the community there less any commercial postings or messages. I do find this very unfair that I'm a guest vendor here with no commercial interest. But I understand and respect Sticky's decision in lieu of my disagreement.

Thanks everyone, and please feel free to contact me anytime if you need anything I might have that can help you(technical data, etc..). I'll be out of the country for 2-4 weeks but managed to get myself an unlocked iPhone.

I look forward to (at some point in the future) being able to have the rights of a standard member here. I truly appreciate a lot of the members here and the level of enthusiasm pertaining to these cars. Thanks for allowing me to be a part and for your warm welcome.
    Glad you worked something out. Personally, I would never consider rejoining actively until Jason agrees to notify users when their posts are deleted. The original data should be allowed to stand on the forum also.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Glad you worked something out. Personally, I would never consider rejoining actively until Jason agrees to notify users when their posts are deleted. The original data should be allowed to stand on the forum also.
    And to add to this this forum is set to AUTOMATICALLY AND INDEPENDENTLY notify users if their posts are moved, deleted, or altered in any way. Not that we delete.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Glad you worked things out but as you stated my decision stands.

You do choose to sponsor M3post and other sites and as long as you do your restriction will likely stand. We can revisit the issue in the future. I hope you don't just post here every once in a while to use this forums freedom for personal agendas when silenced in other places. As usual though, $ wins.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It's not my intention to post here with specific agendas in mind. I'm happy to contribute in any way I can. Thanks everyone and take care!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    All of this 231E stuff is just hype from Tom at EAS.

I don't believe a single dyno that comes out of that place.

If there is someone on old software, I'm more than happy to update it to 231E on the dyno free of charge to see the "real' difference.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    I may have mentioned this earlier in this thread. I have to agree that all this 231E stuff is hype. Another highly regarded tuner also told me not to expect anything noticeable with the 231E update.

After putting on a lot more hard miles on my 231E update, I feel pretty much no difference....

Stumbled upon this thread researching tunes... I know this is somewhat old stuff but I was actually there personally the very same day M3PO was.

Screencap from my FB from that very day is attached.
    Edit: can't post links. Replace (SLASH) by / and (DOT) by .

img855(DOT)imageshack.us(SLASH)img855/9456/picture2fx.png

This is my old E90 behind M3PO's car. You can see the # posted with the mods.

M3PO's car was definitely pulling some very low numbers, especially for the mods (I think he even got an Evolve tune that day)

By the time I left he was at 370+ (IIRC) thanks to the 231E or whatever OE tune flash.

I've been to EAS a few times and gotten acquainted with Tom. I feel it's unfair to call this "hype" as I saw it happen before my own eyes.

From our chat that day it wasn't the first time either an 08 with a very early tune revision pulled some subpar numbers and thus greatly benefited from the reflash.

Alex> Unfortunately it looks like you might have wasted your time trying the 231 tune coming from your 220. From what I understood this thing only concerned a handful of 08 cars with early revision of the tune.

I haven't followed the M3PO thread at all but I thought I'd throw in another perspective.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kaiv Click here to enlarge
    Stumbled upon this thread researching tunes... I know this is somewhat old stuff but I was actually there personally the very same day M3PO was.

Screencap from my FB from that very day is attached.
    Edit: can't post links. Replace (SLASH) by / and (DOT) by .

img855(DOT)imageshack.us(SLASH)img855/9456/picture2fx.png

This is my old E90 behind M3PO's car. You can see the # posted with the mods.

M3PO's car was definitely pulling some very low numbers, especially for the mods (I think he even got an Evolve tune that day)

By the time I left he was at 370+ (IIRC) thanks to the 231E or whatever OE tune flash.

I've been to EAS a few times and gotten acquainted with Tom. I feel it's unfair to call this "hype" as I saw it happen before my own eyes.

From our chat that day it wasn't the first time either an 08 with a very early tune revision pulled some subpar numbers and thus greatly benefited from the reflash.

Alex> Unfortunately it looks like you might have wasted your time trying the 231 tune coming from your 220. From what I understood this thing only concerned a handful of 08 cars with early revision of the tune.

I haven't followed the M3PO thread at all but I thought I'd throw in another perspective.
    Thanks for your perspective but I think it's fair to think of these new factory tunes adding a ton of horsepower as hype.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

we ever hear anything about this, or short-term memories?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    we ever hear anything about this, or short-term memories?
    I think we all know what happened.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think we all know what happened.
    LOL what happened?
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    LOL what happened?
    EAS lied and Jason covered up for them because they pay him fees

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did... I really like M3Post but the amount of $#@! that's covered up really makes my stomach churn.
    This seems ironic now.
    Benvo is having whole threads deleted over there because I posted something about his tune that wasn't glowing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    This seems ironic now.
    Benvo is having whole threads deleted over there because I posted something about his tune that wasn't glowing.
    Post a thread over here
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I will, I just haven't had time to write it up properly.
    Although I'm sure it will just get deleted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I will, I just haven't had time to write it up properly.
    Although I'm sure it will just get deleted.
    Im sure it'll be fine. Link it to us here. Good luck.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Im sure it'll be fine. Link it to us here. Good luck.
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=788

and copied here

I thought I would outline my experience of purchasing a BPMSport engine and DCT tune through M3 world.

Flashing: The instructions were incorrect which led to flashing errors and my car not starting. I had to leave it at work over the weekend with the battery disconnected as the car was freaking out with the wipers going and the lights wouldn’t turn off. After a few emails back and forth it was figured out and I got the car flashed.

Results: Purely seat of the pants, power feels the same as having a test pipe with no tune. The added features (cold start delete, cold start rev limit, increased rev limit etc) are nice.

DCT Tune: I have noticed zero difference. This may be because I only drive in M5.

Servotronic changes: Dave from M3 world recommended I don’t go with this option but I ignored that as I saw so many positive forum reviews. I found the steering in sport really weird and inconsistent. I asked Dave if I could go back normal servo mapping and was told this would cost US$150 and his hands are tied on the matter.

I then asked on a thread on this board if anyone else found Benvo’s servo mapping weird. There was a short back and forth between Mike and myself including a point where he told me his instructions weren’t incorrect, so I corrected him and outlined why I was disappointed in his tune. This is all paraphrasing, I can’t go back to exactly what was said as Mike has since deleted the entire thread. This has disappointed me the most and does not strike me as the reaction of someone who is completely confident in their product.

I wish I had done some more research before purchasing as a simple Google search of “Mike Benvo” produces some interesting results.

Also want to say throughout all of this Dave from M3world has been nothing but helpful and professional.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

And before I cop $#@! for not doing research I bought that tune purely because it had an Australian dealer and I figured all the canned tunes are the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

and copied here
    I understand you're angry about the censorship about a tune or whatever but doesn't it make more sense to create a new thread on S65 tunes from BPM than bring this one back up?

I get the hypocrisy how Benvo came here crying about getting censored only to censor you.

Please make a new topic though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Also, regarding this EAS issue Benvo was correct about dyno manipulation for sales but it's not like he doesn't manipulate circumstances in the same manner. He's a hypocrite.

He came crying to me to help him and I did until he blew Jason to get back on $#@!post.

Benvo will sell you out for a dollar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I understand you're angry about the censorship about a tune or whatever but doesn't it make more sense to create a new thread on S65 tunes from BPM than bring this one back up?

I get the hypocrisy how Benvo came here crying about getting censored only to censor you.

Please make a new topic though.
    Agreed, I was just reading about Benvo (which I should have done before purchasing) and hit reply.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910