Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    I do not want to get into another pissing contest regarding Discaovery Automotive, but I know first hand the bull$#@! they deliver. Every S/C BMW that has come out of D/A needs alot of work, either tuning or what-not. Why you would praise D/A and piss on RMS is beyond me. I have seen with my own eyes the complete $#@! job foe over $100,000 that D/A charged a close friend of mine. AND, he had to have the engine completely rebuilt, along with a new clutch. This is right after he picked the car up. D/A aka, Shadowman, aka Bill Knobloch, has like 7 lawsuits against him, from Texas to California. The moral of the story? There are few tuners/shops that please every single customer. Moreover, D/A works out of his garage. It seems one has to pick the shop that "rips" them off the least. I am being alittle glib, but you get my drift. Sorry for the OT and rant. The Supra is an oustanding engine, in a Supra.
    Why I piss on RMS and praise DA is because DA has had some of the nicest builds I have ever seen that have put up insane numbers. Look at this and tell me this is a bull$#@! job that needs a lot of work: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...motive-622-whp

I have never seen a build of that quality from RMS or results like that from RMS. What I have seen from RMS is numerous complaints, lawsuits, and a terrible reputation overall with many mistakes in the past.

RMS has filed for bankruptcy after having an F BBB rating and ripped off dozens of people amounting to hundreds of thousands. How can you praise RMS? DA never done that.

I haven't heard about Shadowman's lawsuits and I follow things closely, go ahead and let me know. Last I saw that Z8 was a beautiful beast.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh, sorry I meant in general, there are a lot more e36s running iterations of the 1jz/2jz motors then e39s. I don't know how many e-shift has done. I am just aware of Wayne, the shop owners, car but assume they have probably done more. If I was going to do an e36 I would just build the s50 or s52. Speaking of which, there are a ton of nice turbo e36s for sale on BF. They are so tempting!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Oh, sorry I meant in general, there are a lot more e36s running iterations of the 1jz/2jz motors then e39s. I don't know how many e-shift has done. I am just aware of Wayne, the shop owners, car but assume they have probably done more. If I was going to do an e36 I would just build the s50 or s52. Speaking of which, there are a ton of nice turbo e36s for sale on BF. They are so tempting!!
    For an E36 I would rather do a turbo S50 or S52 as well. For an E39, this really makes a lot of sense.

I have been sitting here contemplating what other BMW's would be nice for a 2JZ swap and it seems the E39 is really the best candidate.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12