Close

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Geeze now Shiv is unhappy with me saying I am disingenuous. My response which most likely will die was. OK whatever you say. Its disingenuous to post an all in price even though the car will not perform on stock components but its not disingenuous to ignore the cost of these requirements.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @themyst is your suspension stock? If so do you plan on changing anything?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    So when you pay $500 for designer jeans or $200 for a pair of sneakers do you guys moan that the cost is $50?
    So Vishnu is a boutique designer with a brand name offering us aesthetic pieces now? Flawed analogy.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys,
    I know this isn't the suspension forum but a lot of you high-HP guys know how much work it is to get your cars to go where you point them sometimes. And with the 700+bhp single turbo, it's a bigger challenge. So we stepped up to the plate to develop a custom valved JRZ suspension package with the help of our old racer friend/chassis guy/racing hot shoe Paul Gerrard. We've been through many aftermarket suspension upgrades (full m3 link conversion, shocks, springs, sways, bushings, etc,.) and the balance of the car still isn't right once the throttle pedal goes down. The front end lifts up so much that the car just wants to understeer and then snap into oversteer. Fun yes, but not very well balanced. We are going to fix that. Check out these beauties:
    And you still haven't answered the question in regards to your stress testing of the n54 pistons/rods that you said was already underway 3+ months ago. Was that a lie, or were the results from the testing just not something you wanted to share with the community?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Seriously, you're one sick little man...what twin turbo upgrade of "mine"? You've blamed me of spreading misinformation and trolling when i was pointing at inability of the procede on its own to deal with fueling feeding the kids on e90post constant bs about your fuel upgrade and you not needing flash support as you've got it covered..where do the lies stop? Just a couple days ago someone asked where is your fuel upgrade and you said in the tank? And now its clear you're flashing the dme along with meth for fuel...pathological liar and manipulator, you really need to get yourself checked..you can work on it try it..telling truth instead of manipulating it really isn't that hard
    Lies need to start before they can stop. My car does indeed have upgraded fuel system hardware. I've even showed it to a few people at our open house a few months ago. And it will come into play at higher power levels (650+whp). But you can keep shooting at windmills if you like. Furthermore, I don't make it a habit of going off the deep end when I hear info that doesn't pertain to me. Maybe you need to relax a bit.

Instead of spending your time fixating on me, take your lovely wife out for dinner. Both she and I will appreciate it.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have no idea how anyone could drive this car on stock suspension components. The suspension and drivetrain arent fit for a 100% stock car. Every single 3 series w a sport package from the 316d to the 335i have the exact same suspension components. Does no one see the problem there? In a tune only vehicle, the car is tough to control in turns already. Anyone thats driven the an M3 and a 335i back to back will know the difference in a second. Saying a 640 whp 335i could be driven on completely stock components is completely laughable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Lies need to start before they can stop. My car does indeed have upgraded fuel system hardware. I've even showed it to a few people at our open house a few months ago. And it will come into play at higher power levels (650+whp). But you can keep shooting at windmills if you like. Furthermore, I don't make it a habit of going off the deep end when I hear info that doesn't pertain to me. Maybe you need to relax a bit.

Instead of spending your time fixating on me, take your lovely wife out for dinner. Both she and I will appreciate it.

Shiv
    Do you even have a wife? In terms of your fuel upgrade no one is blind to your constant manipulation of truth there. I 've got a set of RBs in the trunk of my vw rabbit. So my vw rabbit has twin RBs in it, just not yet being used. GTFO seriously
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    i must be dreaming then.

well that's good news. Click here to enlarge
    I did mention that my transmission shifted rough on shivpost after an INPA transmission reset. Maybe that's what you saw? Car's fine after it adapted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just looked at the site. why are people saying 6750 if it requires additional hardware totaling 9945? i mean. the vishnu fftec system is a full system right? ive looked, and every other factory turbo car, that has an upgrade, is complete kit..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you even have a wife? In terms of your fuel upgrade no one is blind to your constant manipulation of truth there. I 've got a set of RBs in the trunk of my vw rabbit. So my vw rabbit has twin RBs in it, just not yet being used. GTFO seriously
    Dzenno you do need to lay off shiv. I hate him just as much or more than you do, especially for monopolizing the other forum, and getting good people banned for trying to inform people about his tune.

However, love him or hate him, he is a pioneer with his single turbo kit, and hats of to him for getting it done, whereas others failed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As far as money goes, you folks have to understand that there are 3 type of potential customers being targeted here:

1. First time owners who bought a used early N54 Typically for 15-20K.

2. Established N54 owners who have procede +FBO (even including upgraded twins), who want the top end power of the single

3. Established N54 owners who have a non-procede tune +FBO (even including upgraded twins), who want the top end power of the single

For type 1, to pay $15K for a high mileage early N54, and then pay and additional $10-15K for the kit + suspension + install is an awesome deal, considering you are now able to keep up with a Zr1, or 458 Italia.

For type 2, or 3, to pay an additional 6-10K for a kit + suspension upgrade, is not very worth it, considering all they have put into their car thus far.

For me the real interesting thing will be to see how this single turbo car holds up at an HPDE. How will it perform lap after lap, and how will it handle the additional heat it will generate? right now the kit is aimed at show car folks/drag or street racers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    For me the real interesting thing will be to see how this single turbo car holds up at an HPDE. How will it perform lap after lap, and how will it handle the additional heat it will generate? right now the kit is aimed at show car folks/drag or street racers.
    This is key for the serious hpde people who would put down this sorta change to get that sort of power without stressing the cooling systems.

Plus they are another customer base with the proper financial motivation to develop a non-proprietory kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    I kept reading on the AE Performance blog a few years ago about a car they built for racing and it overheated after only 1 lap or 2 laps and sometimes at certain races in half a lap. And that happened at every single race they went to. Don't think this car makes a good racing platform on road courses, at least not with a lot of laps and possibly just simple time attacks.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the price is quite reasonable and it is up to everyone to buy whatever extras they feel for. The price will be much lower when the concept is copied but at this stage the tuner should try to cover as much of the development cost as possible within a limited quantity of kits, especially when the risk for being copied is obvious. All hours that have been spent into this must be covered unless an immediate mass-production can be foreseen. The enthusiast will easily pay the 7 k in the beginning so there is no reason to be cheaper at the intruduction.

At a later time, the same type of kits may be manufactured and sold for half the price, even with exhaust manifolds made in the US.

It is really good a clear path to replace stock turbos has been ironed out.

Personally I give a damn what is being used to make the concept work, like if the tune is flashed or not as long as it works well. It would be silly of any tuner to reveal all important details before the product is released, and not even then.

The huge interest for drag strip and similar events in the US creates a good market for this kit. It will not make the car faster on a road course though since the limitation is almost always the driver and skills and a chassi upgrade is more important than moving up from 400 to 600 whp. A road race course race is won on good breaking and cornering technique, not on a few straights. But a huge amount of power is always great fun Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I feel like going from stock or just a tune to 650 rwhp single turbo is like buying an S1000RR as a beginner bike. It can be done but I'd strongly advise against it...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I have no idea how anyone could drive this car on stock suspension components. The suspension and drivetrain arent fit for a 100% stock car. Every single 3 series w a sport package from the 316d to the 335i have the exact same suspension components. Does no one see the problem there? In a tune only vehicle, the car is tough to control in turns already. Anyone thats driven the an M3 and a 335i back to back will know the difference in a second. Saying a 640 whp 335i could be driven on completely stock components is completely laughable.
    +1

A full suspension overhaul with coilovers, M3 suspension parts, ARBs etc will cost around $5k. This will put the handling on par with the M3, maybe a tad better. Brakes are ok if you don't track the car on a road course.

The cost is not that high considering how much some people spend on power mods. Putting a single turbo in an otherwise stock car is simply a recipe for disaster.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Do you come on these forums to vent? I used to have a lot of respect for you man. Take a chill pill. Relax. These are great times for the N54 tuning community. If Shiv is re-flashing the DME then he is doing the
    right thing for his customers. No need to attack him personally for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From April 26th:

Single Kit: $8-10k parts, ~$1.5-2k install (turbo, manifold, assorted lines/piping)
    Upgraded FMIC: $1.5k parts, $500 install (new FMIC with meth plumbing and lines)
    Tune/PWM Kit upgrade: $1k parts, $1k install/tune (new MAF sensor, new timing sensors, base flash, custom tuning, "fueling upgrade")

JRZ coilovers: $5-5.5k parts, $1k install ("proprietary valved coilovers", springs, camber plates, alignment, corner balance)
    Subframe/Diff bushings: $800 parts, $800 install ("proprietary anti-wheel hop kit", with delrin bushings)
    M3 parts:$1.5k parts (front/rear arms)
    LSD: $2k parts, $1k install (new LSD with custom gearing)

DSS Axles: $1000 (install w/ LSD)
    Clutch: $750, $400 install
    Wheels/Tires: $2000
    Lol. Looks like I was closer than I thought. If you want a 10 sec car, you will need all of those parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only reason to get the single is for highway racers.
    The e9x is such a hard platform to dragrace anyway, the single lacks the delivery needed, requires a drag special suspension. Better off with twins.

From my own results on old tuning, to terry's latest stock turbo runs/records.

To me, an RB with trickld down fueling (whatever it actually is) at even say 22 psi, will rape the single in the 1/4, and retain all the benefits of staying twin.

And RBs at even 22psi, will more than hold its own against a "23" psi single in a roll

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    The only reason to get the single is for highway racers.
    The e9x is such a hard platform to dragrace anyway, the single lacks the delivery needed, requires a drag special suspension. Better off with twins.

From my own results on old tuning, to terry's latest stock turbo runs/records.

To me, an RB with trickld down fueling (whatever it actually is) at even say 22 psi, will rape the single in the 1/4, and retain all the benefits of staying twin.

And RBs at even 22psi, will more than hold its own against a "23" psi single in a roll
    Youre comparing 6MT results to 6AT results. I think everyone can agree the auto is much easier to get off the line than a manual. At least those who actually owned N54 with both transmissions. From a roll the single turbo will absolutely rape an RB turbo car. Even @dzenno could only scrap by a 7.59 with weight reduction 60-130.

I am all but certain an auto single turbo will run 10s with very little drama.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    My 480whp RB turbo car with no LSD, stock suspension, stock wheels, street tires is perfectly drivable. @onebadmofo went for a ride in my car and it pulled lovely with no issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    @themyst is your suspension stock? If so do you plan on changing anything?
    100% stock all the way down to OEM sized 18" tires. No LSD.

Other than possibly getting some lighter wheels, no plans to change anything suspension wise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    100% stock all the way down to OEM sized 18" tires. No LSD.

Other than possibly getting some lighter wheels, no plans to change anything suspension wise.
    If you have non-RFT tires, the total suspension you have is not as stiff as with stock RFTs with stiff sidewalls.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    If you have non-RFT tires, the total suspension you have is not as stiff as with stock RFTs with stiff sidewalls.
    I run continental DWS which admittedly have very soft sidewalls. love those things. Got 27k miles out of my rears "so far".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    My 480whp RB turbo car with no LSD, stock suspension, stock wheels, street tires is perfectly drivable. @onebadmofo went for a ride in my car and it pulled lovely with no issues.
    Have you been able to take a ride in a 335i with suspension mods? It's really a night and day difference. There's a difference between "perfectly drivable, pulling lovely (in a straight line)" and "actually fast", especially out of corners Click here to enlarge

I remember that when I got the E92, I was amazed how handling was improved over my old E46. But as you progressively drive closer to the car's limit, you'll notice the suspension deficiencies more and more. Take it to a racetrack, and it's even more striking. The good part is that we can put on so many parts from the M3 which keeps costs reasonable.

Point is, anyone serious about modding the 335i should be aware that power mods are only 50% of the equation. Otherwise you're missing out big time ont how much fun this car can actually be Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast