Close

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So when you pay $500 for designer jeans or $200 for a pair of sneakers do you guys moan that the cost is $50?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    So when you pay $500 for designer jeans or $200 for a pair of sneakers do you guys moan that the cost is $50?
    when there is something of equal or comparable quality that blows it out of the water in price:design/quality ratio, yes.

take charles tyrwhitt vs thomas pink for example.

this is a dumb comparison anyway...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    We are limiting the power level of this initial release single turbo kit to ~650whp. The next "stage" will require the fuel system hardware that I've been testing in my car for some time. It just wasn't necessary for this power/boost level. And why the heck are you getting so bent out of shape about this? Seriously, it's a little weird. Please focus your energies on your twin turbo upgrade as it will benefit the community as a whole.

Shiv
    Seriously, you're one sick little man...what twin turbo upgrade of "mine"? You've blamed me of spreading misinformation and trolling when i was pointing at inability of the procede on its own to deal with fueling feeding the kids on e90post constant bs about your fuel upgrade and you not needing flash support as you've got it covered..where do the lies stop? Just a couple days ago someone asked where is your fuel upgrade and you said in the tank? And now its clear you're flashing the dme along with meth for fuel...pathological liar and manipulator, you really need to get yourself checked..you can work on it try it..telling truth instead of manipulating it really isn't that hard
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    I agre with you bro! But I am not worried about the hardward, as eveyone has said anyone can make the hardware, I am concerned about the software, what was done to the DME and the piggy back to control the fueling.
    Ah we'll have you covered there. Cobb ATR flash for fueling and a base timing map with a JB4 for boost control, meth control, fine tuning on fuel and advance, and in dash goodies. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    My wife buys designer handbags and I complain often. Click here to enlarge But as I think I said they are justified to charge whatever price they'd like. Just like Chanel can. Price is based on demand not the cost of components. And since they are the first to release it they have 100% control over the supply. Customers are also entitled to groan at said price. My only point was given the cost of the turbo and the ease of tuning/fueling I simply see a wide open opportunity for someone else to release a similar kit for half the price and still earn good profit.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    LOL Hey hey! That's @nafoo 's line Click here to enlarge
    It's a good line!! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Its a great line! lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ah we'll have you covered there. Cobb ATR flash for fueling and a base timing map with a JB4 for boost control, meth control, fine tuning on fuel and advance, and in dash goodies. Click here to enlarge
    Sweet that is what I want to hear, the other reason I am waiting on the G5, I presume all of this is going to be on the G5, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

So do we get a discount if we don't get our DME reflashed by Shiv? ATR with MAFfix should do much better with fueling than shivs solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Get cracking on isolated boost control good sir. Click here to enlarge PS my car is oddly flatlining again no matter what the boost is. I reset knock adaptations via INPA and will see how it does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    If Cobb or terry support a single when china starts mass producing the manifold and piping, I may be interested if my stock AT transmission can be preserved. otherwise I'm going with RB.
    Why will rb's preserve your stock AT better?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    It won't, both maxed out RBs and a single turbo will heat up a stock 6AT pretty quick. I'm waiting for the day mine goes south. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    It won't, both maxed out RBs and a single turbo will hear up a stock 6AT pretty quick. I'm waiting for the day mine goes south. Click here to enlarge
    I know, I was just being sarcastic. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    it won't, but if both are gonna fry my AT, i may as well get the cheaper one

edit: because i'd just sell the car when the transmission starts going south Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It won't, both maxed out RBs and a single turbo will heat up a stock 6AT pretty quick. I'm waiting for the day mine goes south. Click here to enlarge
    i thought yours was already slipping?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    i thought yours was already slipping?
    ? Nope. Cars running fine

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

i must be dreaming then.

well that's good news. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

If you ever have any issues, just give the folks at level10 a call. Seems like they make a pretty good bomb proof kit for our 6AT's. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Well, for all of the guys that say <$10k isn't bad, go ahead and spend $10k. I'll buy a single mani and DP, buy the turbo of my choosing, the tune of my choosing and pay my local shop for the rest of the odds and ends and have a single turbo 335i for less than $5k installed. I just think the price on both kits are a rip off. To each their own, if I was going to just throw money away though, I would donate it to charity not HPF or Vishnu.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It seems like sikh334 is unhappy with me for adding to an all in price comment on e90. He feels anyone buying the kit will already have all the suspension etc. mods done. Defensive bunch over there.Click here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    It seems like sikh334 is unhappy with me for adding to an all in price comment on e90. He feels anyone buying the kit will already have all the suspension etc. mods done. Defensive bunch over there.Click here to enlarge
    Yeah very defensive bunch. You two are comparing different things though. Your building a kit from ground zero with a off the lot stock car. He's comparing against an enthusiast whose already got most of the mods needed.

Both of you make valid points and are saying the same thing just from different perspectives.

At the end of the day, give it a half year to a year and competition will bring more supply which will invariably change the cost of what a single turbo upgrade will cost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    The root of the issue is we know the turbo retails for $1000 or $1600 depending on the option. Wastegate around $400. So the question customers need to answer is are their manifold and fittings worth the $6,000 they are charging for them? To many I'm sure they are. To others not so much. But now that the numbers are out there everyone can form their own opinion. Click here to enlarge

On the DME flash I think 98% of their customers would prefer they use the Cobb so it can be loaded at home, updated, and retain some resale value. Cobb has really made all other flash options obsolete overnight.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I think its only fair to compare the price of all components of the single kit with a stock car. The way to most appropriately price this out is to put yourself in the position of someone who had just bought the car stock and wants 630 whp. At that point, that $6800 figure jumps to $15000 with all suspension and other required components. Like it or not, that is the real figure. The 6750 looks like a great price but consider the other stuff you will need. For someone that already has everything, it doesnt sound like much but to others, the 15k will be a ton.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I'm not necessarily commenting on the turbo kit price one way or another, but suspension has nothing to do with this turbo kit. Since when does a vendor sell a turbo kit with suspension mods? Of course you should upgrade your suspension, but that should probably be done whether you are running a single turbo, RB's, or even FBO. That can't be considered part of the "turbo kit" price. That is something people need to factor into their setup on their own, but shouldn't be considered part of the turbo upgrade price. Honestly, you don't NEED to do anything with the suspension to make HP. Also, suspension cost and complexity (therefore price) will depend on what each person is going to do with the car (e.g. auto-x, drag, road race, street, drift, etc.). People should complain about the turbo kit price based on what the turbo kit itself is worth, not what other mods you will need to get the most out of it. That will depend on what each person expects out of the car as a total package.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Thing is $15K give or take is the true price to drive the car from scratch. Anything you have in hand is just a subtraction from it. As far as any suspension comments goes the car will not work without them even as a DD unless you never step on the throttle. So regardless who sells the suspension parts they are a requirement unless your goal is to only run the motor on an engine dyno.

Beside they were important enough to get a mention in the FAQ. Shiv even allowed how he was preparing a spare set of high performance axels so he did not have to wait for replacements.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast