Close

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    so does ZF have componenets to rebuild this tranny stronger?
    there are aftermarket parts available. i dont recall exactly where i saw them though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    BMW doesn't engineer the transmission, ZF does. Bmw just choses a tranny they think will be adequate within the ZF catalog. A 335 diesel gets a beefier tranny for example.
    This is true but they can change certain specs to their liking as well as the programming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Believe me I know, ZF also makes the gears/trans for 2000 hp marine engines, that my company I work for sells.... ZF is a huge company.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    so does ZF have componenets to rebuild this tranny stronger?
    They supply to OEM's not individuals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

At this point, it's getting pretty obvious that the 6AT can't handle the power of a single turbo (or a RB + meth setup) for an extended period, or even at all.

What's interesting is that both tuner camps claim to work on a solution. We'll see if this problem can be handled by software management or if it requires a tranny rebuild/reinforcment. IMO the tuners should focus on finally getting access to the TCU, and "hack" the Alpina transmission remap. If software can solve it, then only within the tranny control system itself.
    I got flamed on here for advising that the 6AT be upgraded with Level10 before doing anything big like RB's+meth, or a single. However, I also remember being flamed to death by themyst, and others. They said, why upgrade the trans if it isn't broke? Well folks, we are begining to see why. Look at the G37 AT guys. They all upgraded to level10 because their stock AT couldn't handle the power of the twin turbo upgrade. Now it's pretty much recomended as first thing to do, whether it's broke or not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I'm very intersted to see how Dzenno's car holds up at the strip with that 631ft lbs. M5 tranny or not, that's A LOT of tq. He has upgraded axels but what about the drive shaft? Interesting. Not surprised at all about the ST AT. What did they think was going to happen on a stock tranny? LOL
    IMHO, they got greedy wth the 6AT single. Blame goes to shiv and company for not testing out the car in the higher gears, and dialing back the power, to make sure the customer has a functioning car at any speed. For them to plunk down that kind of ca$h for this upgrade, and get embarrased at the Air show, is just plain silly.

The 6MT is over hyped on the boards. Do a search and you will see that once you get the power up there, over time, after changing out the clutch, individual gears start grinding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    To be fair, someone had to break grounds on this platform. No one could foresee EXACTLY how the 6AT would hold up and when it would start to fail. I just hope Shiv didn't promise his customers he'd have an easy fix for this...no big deal... Click here to enlarge
    Yes, but shiv was extremely cocky about the power he was planning to put through the 6AT early on. I was one of those who advised him to let his customers know about the Level10 kit. He laughed it off, and they got me banned on the other forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    quick question. does shiv = sikh335 on the other forum?
    If you look carefully at the video, you'll see the guy is kindda white. Shivypooh is short, and persian. But then again, you didn't read where it sez: use ONLY premium unleaded gasoline in your vehicle! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Did any of the singles run the e63 at shift sector?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    If you look carefully at the video, you'll see the guy is kindda white. Shivypooh is short, and persian. But then again, you didn't read where it sez: use ONLY premium unleaded gasoline in your vehicle! Click here to enlarge
    I also didnt read where it "sez" you need meth, drag radials and weight reductions to run what i run in the quarter Click here to enlarge id rather do than read Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

@Turkeybaster115

good points Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think if anyone says you shouldn't upgrade your transmission they are idiots. Stock turbo car's making peak power have issues with Automatic transmissions

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I dont thin anyone said dont, i think they said, wait until it does. either way. w/o TCU capabilities, its a moot point

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Any real news on the singles? I've been out of the loop for a little... I am guessing the same old $#@!; manuals are difficult to drive and slow while the autos can't make power. Why no videos yet or real comparison reviews or 1/4 times? Is Shiv being sketch again?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Who cares? There is no point in dropping $60k and then arguing about structural rigidity. You might as well of bought a Porsche or something that is more suited to the track (which the E90/E92 are not). I was just remarking people usually buy the E90 over the E92 because they have a family or it is their daily/only car. Two door version is always the buy it to play with it version.
    I guess I'm the only guy in the world who bought a 4 door because he liked the look of it better. That and 20lbs doesn't really matter to me.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    I guess I'm the only guy in the world who bought a 4 door because he liked the look of it better. That and 20lbs doesn't really matter to me.
    i liked the E90 better too. And its all the better when i show up at the drag strip, more shocked people

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

People at the strip are shocked no matter what BMW you are in.

I'm honestly always amazed at how little people at the strip know about non-domestics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    People at the strip are shocked no matter what BMW you are in.

I'm honestly always amazed at how little people at the strip know about non-domestics.
    yeah exactly, when i show up in the staging lanes and try to get lined up with the quicker modern muscle cars they scoff at me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    yeah exactly, when i show up in the staging lanes and try to get lined up with the quicker modern muscle cars they scoff at me
    Those are the ones I live for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Those are the ones I live for.
    From the corner of my eye I saw Shiv had some odd looking metal tank in his car at the runway event. Maybe he had a little 50 shot surprise waiting for you? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    From the corner of my eye I saw Shiv had some odd looking metal tank in his car at the runway event. Maybe he had a little 50 shot surprise waiting for you? Click here to enlarge
    lol that would have been low !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    They posted a pick of that on their facebook. I was thinking it was a very small surge tank setup.

EDIT: Here's the pic. I see a couple pumps and a FPR

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Ah. Yes looks like an inline fuel pump, regulator, and surge tank. At least that is what he wants us to think... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

not suprisisng, he was caught in the EVO world with a false fuel bladder with race fuel so he could claim "pump gas" only dyno #'s..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

way back when..... he was down here tuning evos.. i had an accord coupe back then and i asked about what they were doing, they shunned me. Hence why i never even entertained vishnu with the 335i

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast