Close

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Vishnu / FFTEC Single Turbo Kit Released..Who's getting it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They sure can do whatever they but what do you buy it for? To just type about it? Not even 1 of them wants to see what it can do?
    yeah, one thing i hate about all this.. it seems to happen a LOT though.. i'm certain someone(s) somewhere have done RIDICULOUS things to the N54, potentially already fully built ones exist, and they're possibly even getting loads of info from forums like this... just not contributing it back.

but they just keep it to themselves, take it to the track, modify it with their loved mechanics.. never posting a single scrap online, not taking it to the right 'circles' of people to get posted online by them... like that guy that built the 9.5:1 N54 over the last year... it's totally up and running and tuned, probably even a similar fashion to dzenno's... but no one can get a hold of him, no one knows ANYTHING about it, other than it's being actively driven around and raced on the 'ring.. and it was built to be more reliable, taking example from alpina, rather than a 10/10th's tuned monster.

Nobody laughs at thousands of dollars of cash today. Who gives a crap what MSRP is on products even online? I'll call up a tuner and say I want this and this and this and this and this is what I'm willing to pay.
    ... laugh all you want, but i've never even thought of doing that lol

actually no, i did, when i was pricing up front control arm kits.. they simply said they couldn't do it. though that's not exactly the 'thousands' we're talking about with a large (and lowerable) profit margin.

He didn't spend all that. You think he didn't talk to Shiv and say oh hey man I'll get on my knees and promote your kit blah blah blah give me it for a discount blah blah blah test on my car blah blah blah.

This $60k figure really needs to stop being thrown around. He's never going to see it anyway, so it's pointless.
    blah blah blah! yeah true, very good point. always a discount for ass kissing like that :/

I'd still reasonably go over $40k in parts, you don't really see things like the BBS's go for cheap (especially those ones).. and a GOOD respray will never be under $3k+ depending on the brand of paint used.

Heck, i believe that when i get the N54 in with everything i can do to it, i'd be lucky.. LUCKY to get close to a bone stock 135i's price.. and that''s with enough done to it, fully legal... you'd be spending $70k + to get the same stuff if you bought one.
    Last edited by Flinchy; 11-15-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Who cares? There is no point in dropping $60k and then arguing about structural rigidity. You might as well of bought a Porsche or something that is more suited to the track (which the E90/E92 are not). I was just remarking people usually buy the E90 over the E92 because they have a family or it is their daily/only car. Two door version is always the buy it to play with it version.
    You asked the question why someone would mod an E90...I gave you a reason. Pretty simple. If the wife's E90 was a manaul I'd swap in a heartbeat. Personal preference...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I think we've all been there. When your done with a car, your done with the car. Nothing you can do to it makes you fall in love with it again. I been there.. just so happens I did something with mine before i let it go. I really REALLY wanted to get into the car i originally wanted. I didnt leave anyone hanging on what my car could do. AT the time, i felt there was no room to grow from where it was..

So... what is turning him off. Thats the question. just dropped big money on a nice paint job (i like that color as well) big $$ on a single turbo for performance.. and yet ZERO data from it..?

...oh wait.. is this where i link to my posts 2 months ago about how people were telling me why there are no BT #s, cause autos go boom boom boom, and then shiv comes in saying its not true.. and here we are today 1 car being sold, and no good data after a roll-on event with 7 BT cars there? hhhhrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I think we've all been there. When your done with a car, your done with the car. Nothing you can do to it makes you fall in love with it again. I been there.. just so happens I did something with mine before i let it go. I really REALLY wanted to get into the car i originally wanted. I didnt leave anyone hanging on what my car could do. AT the time, i felt there was no room to grow from where it was..

So... what is turning him off. Thats the question. just dropped big money on a nice paint job (i like that color as well) big $$ on a single turbo for performance.. and yet ZERO data from it..?

...oh wait.. is this where i link to my posts 2 months ago about how people were telling me why there are no BT #s, cause autos go boom boom boom, and then shiv comes in saying its not true.. and here we are today 1 car being sold, and no good data after a roll-on event with 7 BT cars there? hhhhrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm.....
    You're the man LM...always tellin the truth!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge

For once I agree with you Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    For once I admit to agreeing with you Click here to enlarge
    fixed Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

At this point, it's getting pretty obvious that the 6AT can't handle the power of a single turbo (or a RB + meth setup) for an extended period, or even at all.

What's interesting is that both tuner camps claim to work on a solution. We'll see if this problem can be handled by software management or if it requires a tranny rebuild/reinforcment. IMO the tuners should focus on finally getting access to the TCU, and "hack" the Alpina transmission remap. If software can solve it, then only within the tranny control system itself.
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

why not just get a level 10 transmission? I dont understand why so many owners are so cheap when it comes to finalizing what they are doing

At this point, it's getting pretty obvious that the 6AT can't handle the power of a single turbo (or a RB + meth setup) for an extended period, or even at all.

What's interesting is that both tuner camps claim to work on a solution. We'll see if this problem can be handled by software management or if it requires a tranny rebuild/reinforcment. IMO the tuners should focus on finally getting access to the TCU, and "hack" the Alpina transmission remap. If software can solve it, then only within the tranny control system itself.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    why not just get a level 10 transmission? I dont understand why so many owners are so cheap when it comes to finalizing what they are doing
    For us Euro guys it's not an easy task. Shipping the tranny overseas is a huge PIA and leads to alot of downtime of the car.

When/if mine fails, I'll probably search for a used tranny located in the US and get it shipped to Level 10 who will then ship it to me after its done. Still alot of $$$ involved in the process and so far we are not even 100% sure if the Level 10 upgrade works as promised.

I wish there were more options around!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

that is totally understandable being over seas... but im sure there are tranny shops capable of upgrading...

@LostMarine can you chime in on how you liked the level 10 and if it had any issues?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

For us Euro guys it's not an easy task. Shipping the tranny overseas is a huge PIA and leads to alot of downtime of the car.

When/if mine fails, I'll probably search for a used tranny located in the US and get it shipped to Level 10 who will then ship it to me after its done. Still alot of $$$ involved in the process and so far we are not even 100% sure if the Level 10 upgrade works as promised.

I wish there were more options around!
    it was actually pretty straight forward to send the tranny from europe, they fixed everything, you only need to put it on a pallet, secure it and wrap it.
    i was having the same issues with 5th gear, mine would just try to shift and throw a missfire code and limp. also was slipping a lot during shifts 2-3 and 4th. Harsh shifts as well.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by MOTIV) - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Wasnt cobb working on a TCU flash or is my memory serving me incorrectly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Wasnt cobb working on a TCU flash or is my memory serving me incorrectly?
    no they cannot flash it as far as i know.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by MOTIV) - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Used 6HP19: 1500 USD
    Level 10 bulletproof 6HP19: 4500 USD
    Shipping to Europe: 500 USD?

That's 6500 USD + tranny swap costs + programming... : Total cost at least $ 7000 !!!!

Is an upgraded torque converter even included in this?

Maybe you can understand why I don't just jump on this...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

someone needs to donate a tranny to a company similar to vargas looking to get into a market for this car... its desperately needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

If your going to make big power, save yourself the aggravation and buy a 6mt, yes you will need to upgrade it, but there is a reputable upgrade, and it's cheaper.

I'm not surprised the at doesn't hold up, BMW is going to make a part for the OEM power, they won't over engineer that trans for those few who want big power.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    If your going to make big power, save yourself the aggravation and buy a 6mt, yes you will need to upgrade it, but there is a reputable upgrade, and it's cheaper.

I'm not surprised the at doesn't hold up, BMW is going to make a part for the OEM power, they won't over engineer that trans for those few who want big power.
    BMW doesn't engineer the transmission, ZF does. Bmw just choses a tranny they think will be adequate within the ZF catalog. A 335 diesel gets a beefier tranny for example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I agree 100%. What is the manual trans upgrade? The 335i 6MT is the same as the M5 transmission, just saying, it's very stout.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I agree 100%. What is the manual trans upgrade? The 335i 6MT is the same as the M5 transmission, just saying, it's very stout.
    On 6MTs, the tranny will hold up fine, but the clutch breaks Click here to enlarge And it's WAY easier to upgrade the clutch vs upgrading the 6AT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I'm very intersted to see how Dzenno's car holds up at the strip with that 631ft lbs. M5 tranny or not, that's A LOT of tq. He has upgraded axels but what about the drive shaft? Interesting. Not surprised at all about the ST AT. What did they think was going to happen on a stock tranny? LOL
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Waiting for the track to open

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I'm very intersted to see how Dzenno's car holds up at the strip with that 631ft lbs. M5 tranny or not, that's A LOT of tq. He has upgraded axels but what about the drive shaft? Interesting. Not surprised at all about the ST AT. What did they think was going to happen on a stock tranny? LOL
    To be fair, someone had to break grounds on this platform. No one could foresee EXACTLY how the 6AT would hold up and when it would start to fail. I just hope Shiv didn't promise his customers he'd have an easy fix for this...no big deal... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

BMW doesn't engineer the transmission, ZF does. Bmw just choses a tranny they think will be adequate within the ZF catalog. A 335 diesel gets a beefier tranny for example.
    Very true....but they tell ZF what they need/ want out of it.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Very true....but they tell ZF what they need/ want out of it.
    Yes and no. ZF transmissions are used by a variety of car manufacturers. It's rather the software which is custom made for BMW, eg how fast/harsh the transmission shifts. You wouldn't see a previous-generation M6 smg transmission in a Mercedes Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yes and no. ZF transmissions are used by a variety of car manufacturers. It's rather the software which is custom made for BMW, eg how fast/harsh the transmission shifts. You wouldn't see a previous-generation M6 smg transmission in a Mercedes Click here to enlarge
    Believe me I know, ZF also makes the gears/trans for 2000 hp marine engines, that my company I work for sells.... ZF is a huge company.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

so does ZF have componenets to rebuild this tranny stronger?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast