Close

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skinrock Click here to enlarge
    I was wondering if I was ever personally mentioned, so I guess I'll reply to this particular post. I don't think I can convince many people here, but I'll try my best. You claim I am selling it stock because I don't want them to drive it, unfortunately that is just not true. I am selling it stock because there is no way I could get what I paid for the kit plus the value of the car. creaminz has the advantage of having much more history and popularity in this scene, and he took his car to the very extreme, he should have no problem selling it completely built and get a decent amount of money for it. I can't do that.

There is also the chance I will be trading it into the dealer instead of a private sale. I have had the car listed, but had no bites unfortunately. I will be giving it about a week, but if the car I want is still available once my car is de-modded, I will likely bite the bullet and trade it in. I can't imagine the level of stupid it would take to trade it in with the single turbo.

Everyone is surprised, of course, but I have had the car for 2 years, and I got to take it further than most ever will. I know everyone is convinced that the timing seems shady, but to me it makes sense. I got to see what it was like to drive and own a car with this kind of power, and after taking it to shift-s3ctor and pushing it as hard as I did, I started thinking about what I wanted to do next. Hell, ask my friends around here - I was changing it up every 2-4 months on average the entire time I had it anyways, it wasn't something new. So ultimately I started asking myself if I wanted to keep spending money on mods (no, not spending money on fixing it, because despite all the rumors, I wasn't having major issues, but I'll clarify that next). I knew as long as I kept it, I would keep buying stuff or keeping the cosmetics in perfect condition, and I simply didn't want to continue down that road. I have other hobbies and trips that I have been putting off due to the money I spent on my car, so the choice was based off that, not because I was disappointed or had concerns about the kit.

But let's talk about that, because I know you won't be convinced unless I address the issues. I have a 6AT with the 58mm, so I can't speak on behalf of the 6MT owners. On the road, I never had a single issue. It always pulled hard and shifted fine. As we already stated multiple times, yes - we had issues at shift-s3ctor. I personally didn't experience any issues until my final run on the second day. My very first run I hit the kick down pedal and it screwed up the entire run. I had multiple runs after that where it was running fine. I personally don't have any videos because I screwed up in a couple different ways: I mounted one camera in the cabin facing forward and it basically didn't show anything other than the road in front; the other camera's battery wouldn't keep a charge and I couldn't get it working all weekend.

On the second day, I mentioned to Shiv that despite it running strong, I felt the shifting could be better. I had a very clean run against the red tuned Z06, but it was clear as day that I was losing on every single shift. I would stay with him at every point except during the shift. We ended up testing some changes at the end of the second day, and that's when I threw a transmission code in 5th gear. The car ran fine and shifted fine otherwise, it just didn't want to stay in 5th, similar to Terry's problem if I recall correctly. Being that it was the afternoon, and I was planning on heading home early anyways (I actually had my sister with me), I decided to call it quits. I drove it home without any issues, and went for some spirited drives throughout the week without any problems.

So to wrap it all up, the only thing I'd like to point out is that it would seem a little extreme to get rid of the car altogether just because of one mod. If I was disappointed with the single turbo, I would sell that and put something else in the car (don't forget, I had a JB4 + meth and switched to a COBB + pro-tune before this, so I'm not shy when it comes to trying different setups). But I am not putting something different in this time, I am trading the car for something different altogether. And not even something fast, I am looking at cars with AWD and an actual navigation screen with bluetooth audio instead of my little Garmin unit that sticks out like a sore thumb. I simply want to refresh my 6 year old car with something new.
    I want to commend you on your post, very open and honest.

So the 6MT's are having misfire issues and the AT's are having trans code issues. It's all understandable, thanks again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I want to commend you on your post, very open and honest.
    +1

Wasn't a slam at you skinrock, just seems weird to part your car out after having the ST kit for what seems like a month or so. Do you think if your car was MT you would have kept it? So what will you be trading your car in for?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have had the car for 2 years, and I got to take it further than most ever will. I know everyone is convinced that the timing seems shady, but to me it makes sense. I got to see what it was like to drive and own a car with this kind of power, and after taking it to shift-s3ctor and pushing it as hard as I did, I started thinking about what I wanted to do next. Hell, ask my friends around here - I was changing it up every 2-4 months on average the entire time I had it anyways, it wasn't something new. So ultimately I started asking myself if I wanted to keep spending money on mods (no, not spending money on fixing it, because despite all the rumors, I wasn't having major issues, but I'll clarify that next). I knew as long as I kept it, I would keep buying stuff or keeping the cosmetics in perfect condition, and I simply didn't want to continue down that road.
    i would say its legit, and same thought process as myself. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got to see what it was like to drive and own a car with this kind of power, and after taking it to shift-s3ctor and pushing it as hard as I did, I started thinking about what I wanted to do next.
    What were you thinking of doing next? Fixing it so the transmission didn't give out and rev to the moon? Sorry... with all your talk about minor problems, I had to, lol.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415