Close

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Vishnu / FFTEC Single Turbo Kit Released..Who's getting it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My opinion is their tuner did not adequately plan ahead to tune the cars before they all paid $400 and drove out 200 miles to race. You can do dyno runs up to 170mph if you want. But I'm sure from their perspective they were "unforeseen circumstances". Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure they are out there, but I haven't run across many dyno operators that want 170 mph runs.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure they are out there, but I haven't run across many dyno operators that want 170 mph runs.

Neil
    I do em all the time. That is how I did our 4->5th shift tuning and SLD testing. Click here to enlarge But it does get quite loud at those speeds. Safer than doing the tuning on the road, though.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    On an unrelated note, where are all the ST vids from the Shift s3ctor event? I really want to see these cars run..wth Click here to enlarge
    same here..

I've seen a couple posted of the manual cars. Seemed on par with the RB cars which in itself was a big surprise. None of the automatics could make a clean run down the trade either day, apparently.
    hrrmmm..

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I did see a few vids floating around. I was more interested in the 6mt cars vs some of the supercharged m3's and other 550+ rwhp cars.
    Shiv lost to Longboarder (M3 DCT 570rw), but started maybe 2-3 cars behind. CaptainInsano lost to the same car. The RB cars (one auto one manual) lost to Longboarder by a car or two on the clean runs. The E63 that I tied beat Longboarder by a car or so. The only race I had with Longboarder he had a botched start.
    If you only have the HP on the Dyno, do you really have it? Click here to enlarge

Like i said, those cars would be lucky to go 130 w/o the super special Shiv treatment. As shown by a 125mph car handing it to them..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Shiv lost to Longboarder (M3 DCT 570rw), but started maybe 2-3 cars behind. CaptainInsano lost to the same car. The RB cars (one auto one manual) lost to Longboarder by a car or two on the clean runs. The E63 that I tied beat Longboarder by a car or so. The only race I had with Longboarder he had a botched start.
    this is great
    2009 FBO RB'd mtech e92 6AT - 11.3@126
    2008 FBO CR e82 6M - 12.0@120 - Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Its the same crowd that thinks peak hp at redline is a good thing. I tried to explain the whole area under the curve, but it was lost. Then I got banned from e90post... lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    If you only have the HP on the Dyno, do you really have it? Click here to enlarge

Like i said, those cars would be lucky to go 130 w/o the super special Shiv treatment. As shown by a 125mph car handing it to them..
    Thats poetry. Hopefully i get to run one of the Florida ones before i upgrade my turbos loll
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Thats poetry. Hopefully i get to run one of the Florida ones before i upgrade my turbos loll
    Don't get me wrong, they are plenty fast. I have no doubt a properly setup car will run 130mph. It's just that a properly setup RB car also runs 130mph with a lot less dyno HP...
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Don't get me wrong, they are plenty fast. I have no doubt a properly setup car will run 130mph. It's just that a properly setup RB car also runs 130mph with a lot less dyno HP...
    i dont doubt their potential.. i just doubt their ability to reach their potential in the hands of the end user at this time. Id love for one to show up to our track (PBIR) and make me eat my words, but i dont see it happening Click here to enlarge As i said in my thread, ill pay their way to play if they show up.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I saw a vid in which 570rw M3 DCT jumped a few cars in the start, but Shiv was gaining him very quickly. There was no doubt which car was faster. The starting line arrangements were very bad for getting clean, even starts.

It would be better to compare 60-130mph runs than these runs in general. Talking about which, why hasn't anyone got into 5s 60-130 now that the ambients have cooled down? I'm sure Shiv's 335i record of 6.46 s is not the best possible time...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure Shiv's 335i record of 6.46 s is not the best possible time...
    With a lightened manual car tuned more aggressively than his customers? Sure seems like it in that case as where are the other numbers then?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I saw a vid in which 570rw M3 DCT jumped a few cars in the start, but Shiv was gaining him very quickly. There was no doubt which car was faster. The starting line arrangements were very bad for getting clean, even starts.

It would be better to compare 60-130mph runs than these runs in general. Talking about which, why hasn't anyone got into 5s 60-130 now that the ambients have cooled down? I'm sure Shiv's 335i record of 6.46 s is not the best possible time...
    I think the real question is what will the autos run 60-130. With taller tires and peak power at higher RPM they should be able to one shift it. Which is a huge advantage. So I expect great 60-130 times but have not seen them?

The universal indicator of power to the ground is still the 1/4 mile trap, though.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

I think the real question is what will the autos run 60-130. With taller tires and peak power at higher RPM they should be able to one shift it. Which is a huge advantage. So I expect great 60-130 times but have not seen them?

The universal indicator of power to the ground is still the 1/4 mile trap, though.
    ...and significantly shorter gearing which helps A LOT in terms of acceleration!
    Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

It's been a while since my last 60-130 measurements, but I always had to shift twice from gears 3-4-5. Can taller tires have such a big impact?
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    It's been a while since my last 60-130 measurements, but I always had to shift twice from gears 3-4-5. Can taller tires have such a big impact?
    I run 245/45/17s, and at redline I do around 128 right at the shift. So if they were a bit taller (or I could raise the shift point 150rpm) I think my 7.4 would be a 7.2.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    They can definitely affect your final drive depending on the % change.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Just noticed another single turbo owner is trying to sell their car.

Both cars are automatics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Its the same crowd that thinks peak hp at redline is a good thing. I tried to explain the whole area under the curve, but it was lost. Then I got banned from e90post... lol.
    peak HP is good at redline, IF you have the area under the curve, and don't have to sacrifice it in your power band

as i'm sure is your point though, area under curve > peak power figure.

I run 245/45/17s, and at redline I do around 128 right at the shift. So if they were a bit taller (or I could raise the shift point 150rpm) I think my 7.4 would be a 7.2.
    woah, that rubber must be crazy sticky to keep the wheels under control at 245 wide :O

a 245/50 makes the speedo more accurate as a bonus too, even if (at least here) it's illegal without getting it checked off

the speedos read a few % under, 245/50 makes it almost perfect (still slightly under)... plus, 245/50 fits perfectly still Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Just noticed another single turbo owner is trying to sell their car.

Both cars are automatics.
    Two in such a short span? And both being automatics? Something is up.

PM me the details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Two in such a short span? And both being automatics? Something is up.

PM me the details.
    Agreed, that's weird! No one (well except Creaminz maybe) dumps that much money into a car with the plan to sell it shortly after.

Would be good to have more info on the car. Either the 6AT is the culprit, or the owner has no supporting chassis mods on his car and found out the hard way that such massive power is useless with a stock E9x chassis, diff, suspension and brakes.
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Its Skinrocks car that's for sale. Whats even more suspicious is he's selling the car stock so he obviously doesn't want the potential buyer to drive the car with the ST kit. Makes one wonder... And whats even more weird is both him and creamz will defend shiv to their deathbed saying that there's nothing wrong with the kit, they just want to move on to something else. What a load of crap!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Its Skinrocks car that's for sale. Whats even more suspicious is he's selling the car stock so he obviously doesn't want the potential buyer to drive the car with the ST kit. Makes one wonder... And whats even more weird is both him and creamz will defend shiv to their deathbed saying that there's nothing wrong with the kit, they just want to move on to something else. What a load of crap!
    That's creepy. Especially since the ST has potentially eaten the tranny for breakfast and the next owner is not informed about the history of the car. I hope the seller is being honest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

And whats even more weird is both him and creamz will defend shiv to their deathbed saying that there's nothing wrong with the kit
    What dirt could Shiv possibly have on them to keep them quiet like this and not saying what is going on? I wonder if Shiv forced any NDA's on them as a part of a deal and "testing" of the kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Maybe its part of a buy-back agreement?
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

maybe it wasnt elective surgery then..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I was wondering if I was ever personally mentioned, so I guess I'll reply to this particular post. I don't think I can convince many people here, but I'll try my best. You claim I am selling it stock because I don't want them to drive it, unfortunately that is just not true. I am selling it stock because there is no way I could get what I paid for the kit plus the value of the car. creaminz has the advantage of having much more history and popularity in this scene, and he took his car to the very extreme, he should have no problem selling it completely built and get a decent amount of money for it. I can't do that.

There is also the chance I will be trading it into the dealer instead of a private sale. I have had the car listed, but had no bites unfortunately. I will be giving it about a week, but if the car I want is still available once my car is de-modded, I will likely bite the bullet and trade it in. I can't imagine the level of stupid it would take to trade it in with the single turbo.

Everyone is surprised, of course, but I have had the car for 2 years, and I got to take it further than most ever will. I know everyone is convinced that the timing seems shady, but to me it makes sense. I got to see what it was like to drive and own a car with this kind of power, and after taking it to shift-s3ctor and pushing it as hard as I did, I started thinking about what I wanted to do next. Hell, ask my friends around here - I was changing it up every 2-4 months on average the entire time I had it anyways, it wasn't something new. So ultimately I started asking myself if I wanted to keep spending money on mods (no, not spending money on fixing it, because despite all the rumors, I wasn't having major issues, but I'll clarify that next). I knew as long as I kept it, I would keep buying stuff or keeping the cosmetics in perfect condition, and I simply didn't want to continue down that road. I have other hobbies and trips that I have been putting off due to the money I spent on my car, so the choice was based off that, not because I was disappointed or had concerns about the kit.

But let's talk about that, because I know you won't be convinced unless I address the issues. I have a 6AT with the 58mm, so I can't speak on behalf of the 6MT owners. On the road, I never had a single issue. It always pulled hard and shifted fine. As we already stated multiple times, yes - we had issues at shift-s3ctor. I personally didn't experience any issues until my final run on the second day. My very first run I hit the kick down pedal and it screwed up the entire run. I had multiple runs after that where it was running fine. I personally don't have any videos because I screwed up in a couple different ways: I mounted one camera in the cabin facing forward and it basically didn't show anything other than the road in front; the other camera's battery wouldn't keep a charge and I couldn't get it working all weekend.

On the second day, I mentioned to Shiv that despite it running strong, I felt the shifting could be better. I had a very clean run against the red tuned Z06, but it was clear as day that I was losing on every single shift. I would stay with him at every point except during the shift. We ended up testing some changes at the end of the second day, and that's when I threw a transmission code in 5th gear. The car ran fine and shifted fine otherwise, it just didn't want to stay in 5th, similar to Terry's problem if I recall correctly. Being that it was the afternoon, and I was planning on heading home early anyways (I actually had my sister with me), I decided to call it quits. I drove it home without any issues, and went for some spirited drives throughout the week without any problems.

So to wrap it all up, the only thing I'd like to point out is that it would seem a little extreme to get rid of the car altogether just because of one mod. If I was disappointed with the single turbo, I would sell that and put something else in the car (don't forget, I had a JB4 + meth and switched to a COBB + pro-tune before this, so I'm not shy when it comes to trying different setups). But I am not putting something different in this time, I am trading the car for something different altogether. And not even something fast, I am looking at cars with AWD and an actual navigation screen with bluetooth audio instead of my little Garmin unit that sticks out like a sore thumb. I simply want to refresh my 6 year old car with something new.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast