Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vishnu / FFTEC Single Turbo Kit Released..Who's getting it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Vishnu / FFTEC Single Turbo Kit Released..Who's getting it?

6750.00Click here to enlarge

2. #ADS

dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

6 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    DME reprogramming is one of the kit items??? Lol I dont know what to say other than i'm shocked at your fuel upvrade Shiv! This is what I got banned for 3 times back to back off e90post? How many times did I say flash the dme and you get the fuel. What a dickhead and crock of $#@!e everything turned out to be, just wow...in-tank pump my ass and ALL that research...which research? Stuff I showed you?? $#@!ing douchebag, which way will u spin it now I wonder
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 06-30-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    Click here to enlargeCobb ProTune & eTune Services
    Contact us on the Web, Blog, Facebook, Twitter
    Google Talk: dzenno@protuningfreaks.com

N54 6MT TwinTurbo 1/4 Mile World Record: 11.43@126.6mph, 1.8 60', Stock 6MT 3.08 Gearing (Cayuga - Toronto Motorsports Park)
    N54 6MT TwinTurbo 60-130mph World Record: 6.5sec 100-200km/hr, 7.5sec 60-130mph (vbox verified)
    N54 DCT World Record (Race Gas + Meth + SSP Clutches), Stock Turbos: 450WHP / 490WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    N54 (96-98 octane, no meth) World Record,
    Stock Motor: 673WHP / 564WTQ
    N54 (ERC 109 unleaded octane and meth) World Record, Stock Motor:
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Contact us today for our forum promotions on our COBB PRO Tunes and offerings from ar design, Aquamist, AMS Performance, COBB, cp-e, Evolution Racewerks,
    ETS, HELIX, Howerton Engineering, KW Suspensions, P3 Cars, ST Suspensions, SPEC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DME reprogramming is one of the kit items??? Lol I dont know what to say other than i'm shocked at your fuel upvrade Shiv! This is what I got banned for 3 times back to back off e90post? How many times did I say flash the dme and you get the fuel. What a dickhead and crock of $#@!e everything turned out to be, just wow...in-tank pump my ass and ALL that research...which research? Stuff I showed you?? $#@!ing douchebag, which way will u spin it now I wonder
    The guy is honest to god not worth the stressing bro. but to answer the OP's question, I'm not getting the kit anytime soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Huh, he is piece of art. He should thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to say, I really don't like the way they've priced this. With the manifold parts, etc. I think it might me close to value at that price if it was a complete kit but engine management is an add-on? Piping for exhaust an add-on, MAP sensor is an add-on? Lol, it really won't work out of the box without these so why aren't they kitted! Then the install costs to consider and of course whatever you have to do to clutch/transmission, rear end, and suspension to get it so you can put the power down and this thing just seems completely unrealisitic to me for what I would want.

Of course people will buy it, but definitely not for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikead_99 Click here to enlarge
    I have to say, I really don't like the way they've priced this. With the manifold parts, etc. I think it might me close to value at that price if it was a complete kit but engine management is an add-on? Piping for exhaust an add-on, MAP sensor is an add-on? Lol, it really won't work out of the box without these so why aren't they kitted! Then the install costs to consider and of course whatever you have to do to clutch/transmission, rear end, and suspension to get it so you can put the power down and this thing just seems completely unrealisitic to me for what I would want.

Of course people will buy it, but definitely not for me.
    Pricing is a low ball done as a come on to get people to look at the package. With a stock car you could be in for $10,000+ to get it to work. No sale here.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

BES335xi is offline Albanian

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool, but ill wait for something better...
    JB4+usb | BMS OCC | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | ER CP + Forge DVs | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumpers | Cyba Red Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | Matte Black Window Trim | 30% Tints | Sports & Winter package | Black Leather Int. | Aluminium Trim | & a few other things...Tuned by: Burger Motorsports.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Interested in a Single turbo... Just not this one. I'm sure it'll get refined but more and more kits will also appear hopefully with a better tuning solution.
    '10 E92 335i, COBB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If Cobb or terry support a single when china starts mass producing the manifold and piping, I may be interested if my stock AT transmission can be preserved. otherwise I'm going with RB.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Square&Level Click here to enlarge
    6750.00Click here to enlarge
    Made this same post in another thread but may as well make it here too...

It looks like its $8k for the turbo kit as its been shown, but can be reduced $500 if you omit their bolt in downpipe and fabricate your own, vent the wastegate to atmosphere, etc. And reduced another $600 if you go with a less expensive turbo. Then along with that you need a procede (in addition to their mail in DME flash), their meth kit, an intercooler, and forge bypass valves. They figure most of their customers will already have these parts I guess. Then they say labor is $1,400 for the turbo kit, but on FFTEC's website it quotes labor of $2,000 just to R&R OEM turbos. Maybe the $1,400 is a subsidized price.

Most notably missing are the fueling upgrades other than 4 methanol nozzles and a DME flash. I expected at least an in tank pump given FFTEC already sells them for other models. All in all looks like a fairly simple kit. Price seems very steep for what is involved but then again when you're the first to release something I guess you can demand whatever price you think they will pay. Click here to enlarge

*** EDIT *** Looks like R1 has found the turbo. And its much more reasonable than I thought!: http://www.precisionturbo.net/Street...ss/600-800HP/2
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Tell him how you really feel lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Tell him how you really feel lol
    LOL Hey hey! That's @nafoo's line Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeCobb ProTune & eTune Services
    Contact us on the Web, Blog, Facebook, Twitter
    Google Talk: dzenno@protuningfreaks.com

N54 6MT TwinTurbo 1/4 Mile World Record: 11.43@126.6mph, 1.8 60', Stock 6MT 3.08 Gearing (Cayuga - Toronto Motorsports Park)
    N54 6MT TwinTurbo 60-130mph World Record: 6.5sec 100-200km/hr, 7.5sec 60-130mph (vbox verified)
    N54 DCT World Record (Race Gas + Meth + SSP Clutches), Stock Turbos: 450WHP / 490WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    N54 (96-98 octane, no meth) World Record,
    Stock Motor: 673WHP / 564WTQ
    N54 (ERC 109 unleaded octane and meth) World Record, Stock Motor:
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Contact us today for our forum promotions on our COBB PRO Tunes and offerings from ar design, Aquamist, AMS Performance, COBB, cp-e, Evolution Racewerks,
    ETS, HELIX, Howerton Engineering, KW Suspensions, P3 Cars, ST Suspensions, SPEC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

We are limiting the power level of this initial release single turbo kit to ~650whp. The next "stage" will require the fuel system hardware that I've been testing in my car for some time. It just wasn't necessary for this power/boost level. And why the heck are you getting so bent out of shape about this? Seriously, it's a little weird. Please focus your energies on your twin turbo upgrade as it will benefit the community as a whole.

Shiv

fastgti69 is offline Back2Euro

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

meh, I'm in for some third party reviews and dynos.
    Then:
    '09 Vw Gti - RIP
    '10 Cobalt SS Built & Big Turbo- Sold

Now:
    '07 e90 335i

Q4P is offline Member
    2JZ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

lololololol... the whole situation is funny as $#@!. Shivster start building the engine and show us your true strengths. I think it's definitely priced right... but the fueling discussion has been a joke from the beginning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    We are limiting the power level of this initial release single turbo kit to ~650whp. The next "stage" will require the fuel system hardware that I've been testing in my car for some time. It just wasn't necessary for this power/boost level. And why the heck are you getting so bent out of shape about this? Seriously, it's a little weird. Please focus your energies on your twin turbo upgrade as it will benefit the community as a whole.

Shiv
    lol, so, 630@ 26 psi is the limit? i thought you were doin that at 23 psi, at that was the limit? ...but took fbis 3 more psi.. Shiv, we just dont understand why you lie so much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Good to see this arrive on the market, it will spark some serious competition now.
    2008 E92 M3 - 6MT - Jerez Black
    | Evolve | Apex | H&R | Exotics Tuning |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Good to see this arrive on the market, it will spark some serious competition now.
    Yes it is The Next Step if great performance is in priority. People don't grab the seat to save their life in an ordinary St3 car with meth, since there is no reason Click here to enlarge About 600 whp will solve this problem and make the car the real thing. I'm now simply waiting for kits with more competitive pricing to reach the market. It is expensive to create a demand as Vishnu did, but it will be more profitable for companies that copy the concept and keep component cost down. Vishnu have done a great job and deserves major credit though by moving the N54 platform ahead.

bigdnno98 is offline Building a 10sec DSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I think you'll end up a lot cheaper by piecing the kit together once the $1000 steed speed mani is released. You also won't be married to the vishnu tune. Not saying there is anything wrong with the procede, just saying that if you piece together your own kit, you'll end up less than $6750 and be able to chose your own tune (cobb ATR/ATP) JB4 G5 possibly.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Startup Teaser http://youtu.be/hwBLSSlkKtY

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Pricing really isnt all that bad, Shiv & Co have to make a profit. For reference the turbo kit on my car runs right around 9-10k.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

8k for a turbo kit for this car doesnt seem so bad when you consider what hpf is charging for their e46 m3 kits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    I agre with you bro! But I am not worried about the hardward, as eveyone has said anyone can make the hardware, I am concerned about the software, what was done to the DME and the piggy back to control the fueling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just to compare apples to apples, look at what you get with the HPF kit ... intake, exhaust, new fuel system intercooler, piping, EMS, wiring harnesses, and lots of supporting hardware. That car was naturally aspirated and needs everything necessary to convert it to being a turbo. A 335i is already a turbo vehicle and has the majority of the pieces already there, intercooler, piping, electronics, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Velocity26 Click here to enlarge
    Just to compare apples to apples, look at what you get with the HPF kit ... intake, exhaust, new fuel system intercooler, piping, EMS, wiring harnesses, and lots of supporting hardware. That car was naturally aspirated and needs everything necessary to convert it to being a turbo. A 335i is already a turbo vehicle and has the majority of the pieces already there, intercooler, piping, electronics, etc.
    ah, yea thats true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sniz Click here to enlarge
    Pricing really isnt all that bad, Shiv & Co have to make a profit.
    I agree with Sniz...I expected it to be higher.

This is good for competition....maybe someone will produce a Single with a different tune (COBB or JB4).
    Click here to enlarge
    '07 E90 335i AW 6MT Sport & Comfort Pkgs
    MODS: | G5 ISO | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast