Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: DCT to 8800rpm?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    For the moment it is only in manual mode. Launch control & auto still shift at the programmed point. But we are working on this. I think it may well be possible to re-program that as well, but that may take a bit longer to lick.

    And yeah I am comfortable revving that high. George knows the other tuner (or tuna fish Click here to enlarge ), that has been revving a manual M3 to 9000rpm for the last 2 years. My personal car I also rev to 8800rpm on stock hardware. The valve springs & rest of the head seem to be pretty well over-engineered. Schrick say the valve springs are good for 9200rpm.
    Good stuff, when you hit the record time 60-130 for a NA, Stock internals , 6MT E9X M3, were you reving to 8800 or stock redline? Regardless still great #'s as always, so glad you guys are over here contributing.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff, when you hit the record time 60-130 for a NA, Stock internals , 6MT E9X M3, were you reving to 8800 or stock redline? Regardless still great #'s as always, so glad you guys are over here contributing.
    What is this record and what are the details?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice work on the M3 DCT M&M.

    I had my S85 M5 rev limiter set to 9k with SMG (did nothing for the car, just fell on it's face, not surprisingly) but haven't tried it on the 2008+ M3s.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is this record and what are the details?
    He's on the list bud! 11.28 - M&M /E92 M3 6MT / Bolt Ons I believe he said it was 50 degrees, right around the same temps I did my 10.71 in, if I remember correctly it was on a flat road as well.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    He's on the list bud! 11.28 - M&M /E92 M3 6MT / Bolt Ons I believe he said it was 50 degrees, right around the same temps I did my 10.71 in, if I remember correctly it was on a flat road as well.
    Sorry, I thought you were referring to a new overall NA record, not that entry.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, I thought you were referring to a new overall NA record, not that entry.
    No worries, I wasn't very specific in my OP!
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    177
    Rep Points
    213.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff, when you hit the record time 60-130 for a NA, Stock internals , 6MT E9X M3, were you reving to 8800 or stock redline?
    That was done a long time back with I think an 8500rpm limiter. The car makes a lot more hp now. I did make 402hp recently at sea-level with just bolt-ons. I am kicking myself now, as I should have done a 60-130 while I was down at sea-level. I'm sure I would have beaten my previous time by a significant margin. I'll be sure to do a run the next time I'm down at the coast, which should be in a month or so.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    That was done a long time back with I think an 8500rpm limiter. The car makes a lot more hp now. I did make 402hp recently at sea-level with just bolt-ons. I am kicking myself now, as I should have done a 60-130 while I was down at sea-level. I'm sure I would have beaten my previous time by a significant margin. I'll be sure to do a run the next time I'm down at the coast, which should be in a month or so.
    Absolutely, please do a 60-130 run when you get a chance. Would be great to see if it is possible for an NA M3 to dip into the 9's.

    Do you plan to address the cams? Seems the Schrick Stage 2 cams with 9000 rpm would be a pretty nice combo.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Points
    2,103.3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This great news M&M, keep ud up to date on the development. Cheers.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    177
    Rep Points
    213.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Nice work on the M3 DCT M&M.

    I had my S85 M5 rev limiter set to 9k with SMG (did nothing for the car, just fell on it's face, not surprisingly) but haven't tried it on the 2008+ M3s.
    Yeah the M5 engine does peak considerably earlier than the M3's V8. And it tends to fall off a cliff post 8800rpm. Not to mention the SMG doesn't seem able to cope with shifts that high & "lags" when shifting at really high rpm. But the DCT has no such problem. When we ran 11.9 with our M5 we set the rev-limiter only a couple hundred rpm more than stock. But the V8 is a totally different beast. It peaks & holds on to 8800rpm. Then it drops just a tad to 9000.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    Yeah the M5 engine does peak considerably earlier than the M3's V8. And it tends to fall off a cliff post 8800rpm. Not to mention the SMG doesn't seem able to cope with shifts that high & "lags" when shifting at really high rpm. But the DCT has no such problem. When we ran 11.9 with our M5 we set the rev-limiter only a couple hundred rpm more than stock. But the V8 is a totally different beast. It peaks & holds on to 8800rpm. Then it drops just a tad to 9000.
    Good info!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    I would concur with that, I've always enjoyed his performance results, input and knowledge, he's very objective as well, you're not too bad either George! Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the compliment hehe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •