Close

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RB 335 Vs....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It won't have any effect on people who would trade up. How about if an HPF car beats both? Will everyone be trading down to an E46?

It will just be interesting to see, there will constantly stronger and stronger E9X's coming all the time right now, V8's, I6's, diesels, whatever.
    The HPF car is not in the same league of new car. It is slowly going into the bracket where people are considering a HPF car vs even a E36. The 335 vs V8 debate is different as both vehicles are from the same model range, same year etc with the only difference being that a Supercharged V8 will cost nearly double the value for similar straight line performance if Lostmarine can deliver the goods tonight. Also people will wonder if its worth trading up at this stage considering we might see new models as early as two years time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    The HPF car is not in the same league of new car. It is slowly going into the bracket where people are considering a HPF car vs even a E36. The 335 vs V8 debate is different as both vehicles are from the same model range, same year etc with the only difference being that a Supercharged V8 will cost nearly double the value for similar straight line performance if Lostmarine can deliver the goods tonight. Also people will wonder if its worth trading up at this stage considering we might see new models as early as two years time.
    Kind of like how a 335 is not in the league of an M3 Click here to enlarge

I don't think the average guy buying an M3 even plans to mod at all let alone be up to date on what upgraded turbo 335's are doing.

A supercharged M3 produces 600 whp on the stock motor with pump gas. It isn't similar performance, it is another league. There is always something better around the corner, is it worth me building my motor and such with the new M5 less than a year away?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

new m5 will be a monster with a tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blk135 Click here to enlarge
    new m5 will be a monster with a tune.
    Yes it will, car will be amazing. The same goes for the new M6.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

If LM was in a 135i he would have a really good shot at that M3 Click here to enlarge

J/K, looking forward to the results. The ESS supercharged M3s are monsters.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i like 135's, but not for me..

im rollin full weight in everything i do.. just to see how everything goes.. when it comes time to go for a record, then ill swap to the new wheels, remove seats, go on a diet etc.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

can't wait for these races...are you going at it tonight?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

leaving in a few to meet up with BattaM Click here to enlarge not sure whats gonna show or not

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    leaving in a few to meet up with BattaM Click here to enlarge not sure whats gonna show or not
    cool! good luck and be careful...where in canada you guys going?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes, good luck and be safe bro! Can't wait to hear the results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is gonna be great!! Post vids ASAP when they are available.... GOOD LUCK!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

ESS ///M3 never showed. it was gonna be him Vs me, and a 996T Vs the HPF, but they got held up somewhere.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

He said he got stuck in a hurricane. In pa? Sounds scared to me. His buddy claimed that it dynoed 470-495. Ess stg 2. Lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

ESS ///M3 never showed. it was gonna be him Vs me, and a 996T Vs the HPF, but they got held up somewhere.. Click here to enlarge
    Too bad, but if he got suck in a hurricane I think that is an understandable excuse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Too bad, but if he got suck in a hurricane I think that is an understandable excuse.
    http://www.themotorreport.com.au/294...w-in-the-world

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

well. we live 45 minutes from where they "were" and noone i know, TV included said anything about a hurricame. but thats all im gonna say..

Currently trying to set it up again, i like to give people the benefit-of-the-doubt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

well. we live 45 minutes from where they "were" and noone i know, TV included said anything about a hurricame. but thats all im gonna say..

Currently trying to set it up again, i like to give people the benefit-of-the-doubt
    Haha, well, it might have been one of those hurricanes that only comes by when you are on your way to a race.

Try and set it up again. If there is another hurricane in his garage we will have our answer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Haha, well, it might have been one of those hurricanes that only comes by when you are on your way to a race.

Try and set it up again. If there is another hurricane in his garage we will have our answer.
    i think we all know the answer to this.. I may have to just go all out to do it and get it done right the first time if it does go downClick here to enlarge could be very good marketing for some.. or VERY BAD publicity for another Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

i think we all know the answer to this.. I may have to just go all out to do it and get it done right the first time if it does go downClick here to enlarge could be very good marketing for some.. or VERY BAD publicity for another Click here to enlarge
    The main thing is, this will be a BimmerBoost exclusive with front page coverage, correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hurricane, yea riggghtt!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I wasn't "stuck" anywhere. I told arkady who set this up that I was going to be coming out for sure late in the evening ....since I was about an hour away. I came at around 11:15pm and you guys were gone, we were out running until 2am. Also the run with the M3 was never confirmed since he went overnight camping for couple days with kids right after Steve met him at Fabspeed, he is also not one of the "sunday night fun regulars" and hardly ever races that car.

Alex is good people and is not after internet fame and it seems that's what this is about for you, I didnít really get that impression from you when we met.

We'll bring the M3 out for ya, no worries. BTW this car runs on pump gas only that's if you really wanna have a fair internet popularity contest - wouldn't that make sense Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    He said he got stuck in a hurricane. In pa? Sounds scared to me. His buddy claimed that it dynoed 470-495. Ess stg 2. Lol.
    very scared. bring sticky tires. don't wanna hear the typical 100mph burnout excuses Click here to enlarge no time for burnouts in a 1/4 mile race. i run a light, i run it RWD just like you guys. i run pump 93, to be fair i will run tire of
    your choice, wanna do street tires or drag radials just let me know.

if you can ... meet me tonight @ 11
    Wawa Food Market 2250 Lincoln Hwy, Feastervl Trvs, PA 19053-6814

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
    I wasn't "stuck" anywhere. I told arkady who set this up that I was going to be coming out for sure late in the evening ....since I was about an hour away. I came at around 11:15pm and you guys were gone, we were out running until 2am. Also the run with the M3 was never confirmed since he went overnight camping for couple days with kids right after Steve met him at Fabspeed, he is also not one of the "sunday night fun regulars" and hardly ever races that car.

Alex is good people and is not after internet fame and it seems that's what this is about for you, I didn’t really get that impression from you when we met.

We'll bring the M3 out for ya, no worries. BTW this car runs on pump gas only that's if you really wanna have a fair internet popularity contest - wouldn't that make sense Click here to enlarge

very scared. bring sticky tires. don't wanna hear the typical 100mph burnout excuses Click here to enlarge no time for burnouts in a 1/4 mile race. i run a light, i run it RWD just like you guys. i run pump 93, to be fair i will run tire of
    your choice, wanna do street tires or drag radials just let me know.

if you can ... meet me tonight @ 11
    Wawa Food Market 2250 Lincoln Hwy, Feastervl Trvs, PA 19053-6814
    Oh snap, it's on.

You are the owner of the ESS M3 or friends with the ESS M3 owner?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Ah yes, now I know where I recognize you from. You were posting about your friends M3 everywhere.

Here is the dyno of the car:

Click here to enlarge

I believe you were mentioning you were disappointed that an ESS Stage 2 was lower than advertised by almost 30 whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Oh snap, it's on.

You are the owner of the ESS M3 or friends with the ESS M3 owner?
    Nope my friend Alex owns the ESS car, he doesnt post online. I have the 996tt.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast