Close

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dfv2 Click here to enlarge
    In my case the D values were basically cut in half towards 0 on either side of a zero value (-7 became -3.5, +5 became +2.5). P factor remained unchanged. For anyone with IJE0S I can send both the 401 OTS map and the WGfix map I made from lulz's I8A0S beta map (originated by cobb as a beta oscillation fix).

Still could use work, I'd like to get you PID savvy guys looking at my before and after graph, along with the before and after maps to see what did what and what could use more work... hope that made some sense!
    I'd love to give it a shot, IJEOS here as well...I did read right earlier that this is Stg 2+ map? Is your only edit from the 4.01 the WGDC D-Factor? Email is mikead_99 at yahoo.

Thanks to you and lulz for making this available. By your previous logs I see you know how frustrating it is to have those oscillations, I've been running a stg 2 only map and working to make that a little more agressive since atr dropped only because I can't stand the weirdness the 2+ has caused when WOT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In my case the D values were basically cut in half towards 0 on either side of a zero value (-7 became -3.5, +5 became +2.5). P factor remained unchanged. For anyone with IJE0S I can send both the 401 OTS map and the WGfix map I made from lulz's I8A0S beta map (originated by cobb as a beta oscillation fix).

Still could use work, I'd like to get you PID savvy guys looking at my before and after graph, along with the before and after maps to see what did what and what could use more work... hope that made some sense!

If you can send what you have to me as a starting point that would be great! IJEOS here as well Running Stage 2+. Email JHOOPS02@GMAIL.COM

Thanks! I will let you know if I notice anything else as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PID Tuning can be a real chore and one area where changing around the algorithm/logic often makes life much easier. We have an expert we call on for the difficult jobs but the basics are pretty straight forward. You'll need a chart with target boost (set point), boost, rpm, and duty cycle, as a starting point for any analysis. You would post that chart, then others could give input on whether you have a gain, integral, or derivative issue and at what RPM/load. Ideally if Cobb can include the base duty cycle plus the PID offset that would be ideal. Many problems don't require PID tuning at all, but rather just base duty cycle changes.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well this isnít a complete tuning solution in my opinion, but I guess why make it more complicated if not needed. Basically just tuning boost, not load.

Is there a way to know the DME calcs for loadÖ temp, MAP, VE, rpm = load. If so it would be easier to map. Then you could map a more comprehensive WG base and basically adjust load depending on your goals. The alternative, which is being used, is not so easy and requires various WG maps.

Can we adjust fuel mass per load? Either for E85, or potentially piggy/flash mapping. Again calcs for fuel mass to AFR/load would be nice.

Or instead of calcs, these values have to be referenced from logging. If so building some database for different areas, mods would be awesome.

I guess Iíll find out soon enough, but just curious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to give it a shot if you can send the 4.01 map to billcass31 at aol dot com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jetbill Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to give it a shot if you can send the 4.01 map to billcass31 at aol dot com
    Sent!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So has anybody made a straight e85 map yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hey quick noobie question. if i raise the load target, should raise the timing(main) also? should i touch timing(spool)? or is there other factors i should be looking at? sorry for noob question im very new to tuning and trying to soak everything in as much as possible.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    So has anybody made a straight e85 map yet?
    Per Rob@cobb, with what's availible in the current firmware and ATR, you can't. We need a global fuel scalar to work with fuel that requires more volume like E85, which cobb would need to work into the maps and into ATR itself. Right now we rely on fuel trimming to add fuel and hit AFR targets. STFT/LTFT caps at 34% IIRC, so after roughly 45-50% E85 mix we end up maxing fuel trims, popping CEL's and running lean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pho_e92 Click here to enlarge
    hey quick noobie question. if i raise the load target, should raise the timing(main) also? should i touch timing(spool)? or is there other factors i should be looking at? sorry for noob question im very new to tuning and trying to soak everything in as much as possible.
    Looks like you are running stage 1+FMIC? I would leave load targets alone since this is a pretty aggressive map already. Wait until you do downpipes to start running higher boost. I would start by adding some timing above 3k rpms, log and check for timing corrections. No need to touch timing spool, just timing main.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 Click here to enlarge
    If you can send what you have to me as a starting point that would be great! IJEOS here as well Running Stage 2+. Email JHOOPS02@GMAIL.COM

Thanks! I will let you know if I notice anything else as well.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikead_99 Click here to enlarge
    I'd love to give it a shot, IJEOS here as well...I did read right earlier that this is Stg 2+ map? Is your only edit from the 4.01 the WGDC D-Factor? Email is mikead_99 at yahoo.
    Sent!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Per Rob@cobb, with what's availible in the current firmware and ATR, you can't. We need a global fuel scalar to work with fuel that requires more volume like E85, which cobb would need to work into the maps and into ATR itself. Right now we rely on fuel trimming to add fuel and hit AFR targets. STFT/LTFT caps at 34% IIRC, so after roughly 45-50% E85 mix we end up maxing fuel trims, popping CEL's and running lean.
    That's kind of disappointing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Looks like you are running stage 1+FMIC? I would leave load targets alone since this is a pretty aggressive map already. Wait until you do downpipes to start running higher boost. I would start by adding some timing above 3k rpms, log and check for timing corrections. No need to touch timing spool, just timing main.
    Im FBO. just trying to figure everything out as im new to the tuning world lol. been studying the help file from cobb. thanks for the advice im going to be doing some logs this weekend when i find some time and then that should help out a lot more lol
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    guest vendor account in 3....2.....
    Not yet, he contacted me in advance about this.

It will come though depending on how hard he pushes. We'll just keep it the way it is until he is doing enough tunes to sponsor.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you guys want this stickied or just a normal thread for now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Im FBO. just trying to figure everything out as im new to the tuning world lol. been studying the help file from cobb. thanks for the advice im going to be doing some logs this weekend when i find some time and then that should help out a lot more lol
    Load the Stage 2+ Aggressive map and add a 1-2 degrees of timing in the 155 and 180 columns starting at 3k-6500ish rpm. Go logs some pulls and see if you get any timing corrections. If you see consistent timing corrections across multiple cylinders, back timing off a little bit and relog. If you get no timing corrections you can try adding more, just be careful. Also make sure you have some good gas, minimum 93. If you can add a gallon or two of E85 thats even better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Load the Stage 2+ Aggressive map and add a 1-2 degrees of timing in the 155 and 180 columns starting at 3k-6500ish rpm. Go logs some pulls and see if you get any timing corrections. If you see consistent timing corrections across multiple cylinders, back timing off a little bit and relog. If you get no timing corrections you can try adding more, just be careful. Also make sure you have some good gas, minimum 93. If you can add a gallon or two of E85 thats even better.
    ok thanks a lot lulz. wish i could rep you but dont have enough rep pointsClick here to enlarge. i will get some logs done hopefully this weekend. i really appreciate it. i love this communityClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you guys want this stickied or just a normal thread for now?
    considering the info available now would be great to sticky it.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    considering the info available now would be great to sticky it.
    Done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sent!
    Nice, got rid of my oscillations too. Thanks again!

Nice to see this thread stuck, Sticky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikead_99 Click here to enlarge
    Nice to see this thread stuck, Sticky.
    Whatever helps you guys find the info you need.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok thanks a lot lulz. wish i could rep you but dont have enough rep pointsClick here to enlarge. i will get some logs done hopefully this weekend. i really appreciate it. i love this communityClick here to enlarge
    Hows your car running?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Simple question for an ATR guru:

What does the DME do to the "WGDC Base" as shown in ATR, such that it reports a "WGDC Base Value" back to an ATR datalog that does NOT correspond in any way I can figure out.

Here's what I do know: The DME reports a WGDC (temp) which 2 tables translate back to a useful WGDC %. It adds that WGDC % to the base WGDC %, adds "adders" and sends that total to the PID for processing as the reference.

Boost is not the PID reference, the WGDC reference is partially derived from boost error and MAF requested on the base table. I've seen a lot of talk about boost being a PID reference and it's only partially true...

The reported "base value" is scaled, sorta, higher than the table base and it looks like it's adding from the adder tables I've done a $#@!-ton of graphing and headscratching on this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Simple question for an ATR guru:

What does the DME do to the "WGDC Base" as shown in ATR, such that it reports a "WGDC Base Value" back to an ATR datalog that does NOT correspond in any way I can figure out.

Here's what I do know: The DME reports a WGDC (temp) which 2 tables translate back to a useful WGDC %. It adds that WGDC % to the base WGDC %, adds "adders" and sends that total to the PID for processing as the reference.

Boost is not the PID reference, the WGDC reference is partially derived from boost error and MAF requested on the base table. I've seen a lot of talk about boost being a PID reference and it's only partially true...

The reported "base value" is scaled, sorta, higher than the table base and it looks like it's adding from the adder tables I've done a $#@!-ton of graphing and headscratching on this.
    haha, this guy ^. Using "simple question" and following it up with a paragraph that made my head hurt. I see what you did there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick question;

Is targeting 11.89 AFRs across the powerband cause loss in power? Tried it butt dyno not accurate.

Maybe someone would know.

Thanks

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast