Close

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Why is that? Unlocked is what ATR is all about.
    Then nevermind but I think they are concerned about things getting ripped off so I can't blame them. If they could just lock down portions that would be great but not really possible.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Load Target Offset (Overboost)

How does the Load Target Offset for overboost work ? Does it reduce the "amount" of overboost based on the values in the table ?

What do the values represent ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    Just curious if anybody knows anything about this. I notice that sometime in the last few days every map I modify in ATR now says this at the end of the notes when you look at it in Access Port Manager 2.1.1.5: "(Pro) Locked to AP V2 Serial: 00331". None of my maps that haven't been touched recently say that and I certainly didn't add that. It would appear that maybe Cobb doesn't want me to be able to share a map that has "special" non-editable-in-ATR properties that I may have gotten from them or a third party? That way even if someone copies my tables to their map they still won't get those properties as well? Is that a good assumption?
    We have not locked our OTS maps and the ATR software hasn't changed. This is probably a quirk with APM (I don't write that software). Can you open them in ATR? I'll check with the APM guys about this also.
    Last edited by Josh@Cobb; 08-26-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    We have not locked our OTS maps and the ATR software hasn't changed. This is probably a quirk with APM (I don't write that software). Can you open them in ATR? I'll check with the APM guys about this also.
    Yeah, I can open them no problem...but the serial number they are reported being locked to is the correct one. I don't know if anyone else can open them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I can open them no problem...but the serial number they are reported being locked to is the correct one. I don't know if anyone else can open them.
    I'll try to get in touch with Alex today to see why they're displaying like that, but the ATR builds haven't changed, so it shouldn't be actually locking the maps. Either way, I'll make sure it gets sorted out.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Carl Morris

Just to let you know I discussed this with the APM guys today. It is strictly a name display change. The map is not actually locked. I'm going to have them re-word or remove that description from ATR generated maps.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OK, thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Jake@PTF, @dzenno@PTF, @Josh@Cobb, Can you provide any clues as to how to eliminate the "shove from behind" sensation when doing part throttle stabs, or mid range full throttle to part throttle transitions? From what i can see in logs, it appears the throttle plate doesn't close quickly enough to eliminate acceleration. Any help would be appreciated.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    @Jake@PTF, @dzenno@PTF, @Josh@Cobb, Can you provide any clues as to how to eliminate the "shove from behind" sensation when doing part throttle stabs, or mid range full throttle to part throttle transitions? From what i can see in logs, it appears the throttle plate doesn't close quickly enough to eliminate acceleration. Any help would be appreciated.
    FWIW, from "my experience" playing around with ATR its the Requested Torque (Drive) table

Click here to enlarge

This helped out with the smoothness, throttle prediction, and aim, eliminating the kick from behind, if you enter the values correctly "in conjunction" with a linear throttle map

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    FWIW, from "my experience" playing around with ATR its the Requested Torque (Drive) table

Click here to enlarge

This helped out with the smoothness, throttle prediction, and aim, eliminating the kick from behind, if you enter the values correctly "in conjunction" with a linear throttle map
    I already use linear throttle mapping. Using Linear Throttle mapping is honestly just a band aid fix for this issue. Something is causing the DME to overshoot requested load and not immediately slam the throttle plate closed to prevent overshooting. Its a very common problem, but most people either put up with it, or pay a protuner to fix it. Like oscillations, i think it would be valuable to discuss how we as a community can fix this problem ourselves.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I already use linear throttle mapping. Using Linear Throttle mapping is honestly just a band aid fix for this issue. Something is causing the DME to overshoot requested load and not immediately slam the throttle plate closed to prevent overshooting. Its a very common problem, but most people either put up with it, or pay a protuner to fix it. Like oscillations, i think it would be valuable to discuss how we as a community can fix this problem ourselves.
    +1. I'm experiencing the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am glad you brought this up. While learning ATR I found going back to the stock WGDC D-Factor values reduced tc/oscillation significantly when remedy from the WGDC (Base) table has been exhausted.

Click here to enlarge

There is a consensus that if too large of a change to the PID is made it will cause overshoots. Reverting back to stock WGDC D-Factory suggested to me that Cobb's values, which was decreased by 51% in the stage 2 to E30 OTS maps, maybe too large of a change to the PID, well perhaps for where I live ie air pressure, sea level, DA etc ? They left the P and I Factors stock though which makes sense to do as they are the DME's "reaction" logic to Boost Error

I suspect the WGDC D-Factor table is where we should be focused on. To be able to go further I would like to know from @Josh@Cobb why there was a 51% decrease in the WGDC D-Factor values for Stage 2+ to E50 OTS maps ?

A thorough answer to this will help me much to understanding how the DME is interpreting the WGDC D-Factor table

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I suspect the WGDC D-Factor table is where we should be focused on. To be able to go further I would like to know from @Josh@Cobb why there was a 51% decrease in the WGDC D-Factor values for Stage 2+ to E50 OTS maps ?

A thorough answer to this will help me much to understanding how the DME is interpreting the WGDC D-Factor table
    All of our 4.02 maps have this change to the D-Factor table. This was a way that worked well to "dumb down" the PID system to control boost oscillations that many experienced with earlier maps. Basically the PID system was over-active and creating oscillations while trying to regulate boost pressure.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Threshold (Major Throttle Closures) value has a lot to do with how quickly/aggressively the throttle will close. This is used for all cases however, so you need to make very tiny changes if playing with this table. Lowering this value can help limit throttle closures, but go too low and it will limit how quickly the throttle wants to close during traction events or even when just coming to a stop. Raising the value will make the throttle respond quicker, but at the cost of more likely throttle closures.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Josh@Cobb thanks for the reply. Hopefully I can steal some time away from the family to play.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What is a low Threshold value? Ok to start with 0.9?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jante82 Click here to enlarge
    What is a low Threshold value? Ok to start with 0.9?
    .9 is a very low threshold value. Cobb OTS maps are already pretty darn low at .960, i would decrease in increments of .005, but be warned that you will get the sensation that the vehicle wants to keep accelerating when you let off the gas for a split second.
    Last edited by lulz_m3; 09-06-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    +1. I'm experiencing the same.
    Just a follow up: I changed the Threshold Major Throttle Closures to .980, completely eliminated the issue for me. Throttle plate snaps closed immediately now. I am getting a slight throttle closure when using NLS (because i am exceeding requested boost), so i may reduce it slightly, but overall it drives much, much better.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just a follow up: I changed the Threshold Major Throttle Closures to .980, completely eliminated the issue for me. Throttle plate snaps closed immediately now. I am getting a slight throttle closure when using NLS (because i am exceeding requested boost), so i may reduce it slightly, but overall it drives much, much better.
    Good, I may try it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is anybody working on higher ethanol % map than ots e30 map?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW335E93 Click here to enlarge
    is anybody working on higher ethanol % map than ots e30 map?
    Rom type, mods, trans type?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1JEOS, DP'S, AFE INT, 4" OPEN EXH, COBB AP OTS/E30, TURBOSMART BOV'S, ETS 7" FMIC, AT, ALPINA B3 FLASH,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you were I8AOS I could help you out, sorry.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bummer...thanks for the assist though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW335E93 Click here to enlarge
    bummer...thanks for the assist though
    i have several maps but you will probably flatline post shift.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast