Close

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Concorde Click here to enlarge
    I'd love to ! But since I'm a noob on the site I can't attach anything. I'll make a few posts and post some logs ASAP.
    You can't post links yet but you can upload attachments.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

You should have enough rep now.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Iíve logged and graphed a few runs after I went Stg2+ with the following mods :

Intercooler : ETS 5in
    Intake : BMS DCI
    Downpipe : VRSF 3in catless
    Tune : Cobb Stg 2+ Sport (91oct) Stock Throttle (I only have access to 91 octane here : Quebec, Canada)
    DME : IJEOS
    Spark plugs : Original (car is at 38K miles).
    Transmission : MT

Log #1 : Dyno run (4th gear) after installing the mods (ran for a few minutes around town before strapping it to the dyno).
    Log#2 : Run on the street (3rd gear) same day
    Log#3 : Run on the street (3rd gear) same day BUT: downgraded to ACN tune (still stg 2+ but ACN map).

For all graph below, I hid all timing corrections that seemed irrelevant (WOT onset) but kept everything else there.

Any thoughts, questions, comments ? I can graph logs differently (as well as dyno graphs)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    You should have enough rep now.
    Awesome, thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I’ve logged and graphed a few runs after I went Stg2+ with the following mods :

Tune : Cobb Stg 2+ Sport (91oct) Stock Throttle (I only have access to 91 octane here : Quebec, Canada)

Log #1 : Dyno run (4th gear) after installing the mods (ran for a few minutes around town before strapping it to the dyno).
    Log#3 : Run on the street (3rd gear) same day BUT: downgraded to ACN tune (still stg 2+ but ACN map).

For all graph below, I hid all timing corrections that seemed irrelevant (WOT onset) but kept everything else there.

Any thoughts, questions, comments ? I can graph logs differently (as well as dyno graphs)

http://youtu.be/l34BFMlrD-E

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Thanks
    Well done, repped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I’ve logged and graphed a few runs after I went Stg2+ with the following mods :

Thanks
    Everything looks good to me
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

What is the most common way to eliminate boost oscillation? I already scaled down my WGDC base table to eliminate my throttle closures and that worked well, but boost is still slightly oscillating on the onset of WOT and post shift. Throttle also takes a dive at the shift. Should I scale my D/Dfactor tables a bit? I want a smooth boost curve but my efforts solve one thing and cause another.

Also, as an aside, running 93 octane LPFP pressure drops to 58 for a second. OK? AFR and trims look good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    What is the most common way to eliminate boost oscillation? I already scaled down my WGDC base table to eliminate my throttle closures and that worked well, but boost is still slightly oscillating on the onset of WOT and post shift. Throttle also takes a dive at the shift. Should I scale my D/Dfactor tables a bit? I want a smooth boost curve but my efforts solve one thing and cause another.
    My personal opinion at this moment (it's been known to change) is that Cobb overdid it reducing the WGDC D-factor multiplier table as much as they did. You can get faster response reducing damping that much, but then you get the overshoots that seem to cause so many issues. The first thing I would recommend before touching the D-factor map itself, is try going back to the factory (Stage 0) D-factor multiplier table and see what you think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    My personal opinion at this moment (it's been known to change) is that Cobb overdid it reducing the WGDC D-factor multiplier table as much as they did. You can get faster response reducing damping that much, but then you get the overshoots that seem to cause so many issues. The first thing I would recommend before touching the D-factor map itself, is try going back to the factory (Stage 0) D-factor multiplier table and see what you think.
    Thank you. So essentially copy over the factory "D-factor multiplier" table and use that on my current map? Leave the "D-factor" table alone? I used S2+Sport as my base map for the edits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Thank you. So essentially copy over the factory "D-factor multiplier" table and use that on my current map? Leave the "D-factor" table alone? I used S2+Sport as my base map for the edits.
    Yes, that's what I'm saying I would try. You may notice slightly slower boost response, or may not notice anything. But I would expect the overshoots (and hopefully the oscillations) to be significantly reduced. That's what it did for me, anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes, that's what I'm saying I would try. You may notice slightly slower boost response, or may not notice anything. But I would expect the overshoots (and hopefully the oscillations) to be significantly reduced. That's what it did for me, anyway.
    Thank you. Will try!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

same boat with boost overshoots, i am so frustrated i am thinking about putting back the JB4 G5 ISO that i took out for service and ran Cobb ever since...there are no oscillations with traction control disabled or stock.

Thank you. Will try!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by neilvosko Click here to enlarge
    same boat with boost overshoots, i am so frustrated i am thinking about putting back the JB4 G5 ISO that i took out for service and ran Cobb ever since...there are no oscillations with traction control disabled or stock.
    Same here man. Perfect boost curve, it's so much easier to solve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

oscillations

so basically did you copy the stock tables over the COBB OTS?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dfv2 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks!!!

I moved all of the WGDC tables over to my ATR IJE0S, and it WORKS! I can actually enjoy WOT now!! Many thanks Click here to enlarge

This is what I was dealing with
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im.../wgdcfix-1.jpg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Any other idea guys?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Logged today. Amazing advice! I have my boost curve 90% where I want it now. Only minor oscillations on boost onset, nothing like they were.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Logged today. Amazing advice! I have my boost curve 90% where I want it now. Only minor oscillations on boost onset, nothing like they were.
    Good to know, I never know which things that work for me will work for other people, especially since I'm at higher elevation than most.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Edit: Nvm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

thanks all.....i copied the COBB OTS stage 0 WGDC & factor tables and it fixed the throttle closures overboosting issues....set load to 160 and now boost is 14-15 PSI...

also upped the timing spool tables by 2 all around.......its beasting......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Cobb ATR locking all maps by default now?

Just curious if anybody knows anything about this. I notice that sometime in the last few days every map I modify in ATR now says this at the end of the notes when you look at it in Access Port Manager 2.1.1.5: "(Pro) Locked to AP V2 Serial: 00331". None of my maps that haven't been touched recently say that and I certainly didn't add that. It would appear that maybe Cobb doesn't want me to be able to share a map that has "special" non-editable-in-ATR properties that I may have gotten from them or a third party? That way even if someone copies my tables to their map they still won't get those properties as well? Is that a good assumption?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Just curious if anybody knows anything about this. I notice that sometime in the last few days every map I modify in ATR now says this at the end of the notes when you look at it in Access Port Manager 2.1.1.5: "(Pro) Locked to AP V2 Serial: 00331". None of my maps that haven't been touched recently say that and I certainly didn't add that. It would appear that maybe Cobb doesn't want me to be able to share a map that has "special" non-editable-in-ATR properties that I may have gotten from them or a third party? That way even if someone copies my tables to their map they still won't get those properties as well? Is that a good assumption?
    Interesting. Have not noticed that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Honestly it's a pretty good idea to lock them I would think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ATR is suppose to be community based, so who knows.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why is that? Unlocked is what ATR is all about.
    Change is constant

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast