Close

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mine, for some reason, is in hectopascals; given that, does this look correct? I also don't seem to have the MAP Max Voltage entry shown in yours. I updated the latest beta version and still don't have that; is that just because you have a different ECU?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by georgelb Click here to enlarge
    Mine, for some reason, is in hectopascals; given that, does this look correct? I also don't seem to have the MAP Max Voltage entry shown in yours. I updated the latest beta version and still don't have that; is that just because you have a different ECU?
    Go on top to edit->configure options->display tab->check off "show standard units" at the top ->click OK. Should fix your issue!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Go on top to edit->configure options->display tab->check off "show standard units" at the top ->click OK. Should fix your issue!
    This^. Also, you're correct about different ROMs having different tables or the same tables with different names.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys Click here to enlarge)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I searched the thread but didn't get any hits. Anyone know what I need to change in my map to account for the N20 TMAP sensor? I'll be having Cobb install my RBs and do pump and race gas maps soon, and want to go ahead and get the sensor installed before dropping it off.
    How do you plan on getting past the 18.5psi boost limit?
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    How do you plan on getting past the 18.5psi boost limit?
    I thought Cobb had worked past that; if not I'll just wait on my race gas map. I'm having it done at Cobb Plano, and I'll be sure to inquire with them before they start.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Need some assistance with my 2009 N54 335i. Car is currently running COBB Stg1+FMIC and initially had a misfire on cylinder 1 so I changed the coil and that seem to fix that put ever since has a horrible stumble on partial throttle. Kind of a surging feeling. The car won't throw any codes and cold start is smooth. The plugs are only 2 weeks old and I've just had the HPFP changed 3 days ago. At WOT it it's pulling timing hard on all cylinder then ramp up towards the top of the rev range. I don't feel as though it's an injector issue. Here's a log.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Try resetting the ecu and see if that helps
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Try resetting the ecu and see if that helps
    Tried that without luck. Even disconnected the battery overnight for a hard reset but she's still stumbling on partial throttle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Tried that without luck. Even disconnected the battery overnight for a hard reset but she's still stumbling on partial throttle.
    OK, how does your TPS look? Throttle closures can definitely cause some weird timing and driveability issues.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OK, how does your TPS look? Throttle closures can definitely cause some weird timing and driveability issues.
    What's TPS? Here's the same log with just RPM and TPS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's TPS? Here's the same log with just RPM and TPS.
    Oh my god. That looks horrible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Oh my god. That looks horrible.
    Agreed.

Ok so the Throttle Position is all over the place. Any ideas as to why?
    Last edited by Dirty Dog; 05-12-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed.
    Ok so the Throttle Position is all over the place. Any ideas as to why?
    It's almost guaranteed to be overboosting. Check your requested boost and boost mean abs and you'll see boost overshooting target. From there it's just a process of dialing down the WGDC. Read the last few pages and correcting boost overshoots are covered a few times.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's almost guaranteed to be overboosting. Check your requested boost and boost mean abs and you'll see boost overshooting target. From there it's just a process of dialing down the WGDC. Read the last few pages and correcting boost overshoots are covered a few times.
    Thanks for your help radar. I'll check it out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's another log showing the TPS's erratic behavior. I may try and clean the inside of the TPS.
    Looking closer at the CSV I can see that as soon as my Actual Load went over the Requested load the TPS drops to around 30 until the Actual Load settles back under the Actual Load.
    Last edited by Dirty Dog; 05-12-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I still have the problem of partial throttle surging. Could the TPS be the issue there also?

Sorry the previous post should have read "Looking closer at the CSV I can see that as soon as my Actual Load went over the Requested load the TPS drops to around 30 until the Actual Load settles back under the Requested Load".
    Last edited by Dirty Dog; 05-12-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I still have the problem of partial throttle surging. Could the TPS be the issue there also?

Sorry the previous post should have read "Looking closer at the CSV I can see that as soon as my Actual Load went over the Requested load the TPS drops to around 30 until the Actual Load settles back under the Requested Load".
    Throttle closures could definitely cause part throttle issues. However I would focus on fixing the problems at WOT first to get the process down(it's a little easier) then move to part throttle.

Load is a function of boost and boost issues are almost always reflected in load problems. However, it's always better to look at boost rather than load when chasing issues like this down. Look for "boost mean abs" overshooting "req boost" in the csv as opposed to load.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Throttle closures could definitely cause part throttle issues. However I would focus on fixing the problems at WOT first to get the process down(it's a little easier) then move to part throttle.

Load is a function of boost and boost issues are almost always reflected in load problems. However, it's always better to look at boost rather than load when chasing issues like this down. Look for "boost mean abs" overshooting "req boost" in the csv as opposed to load.
    Agree. Fixing WOT will most certainly fix the partial throttle issue and much easier. For some reason my default log list doesn't include either boost mean abs or the req boost but i'll make sure to add that to my logging list and run some more logs tonight. Thanks again radar. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agree. Fixing WOT will most certainly fix the partial throttle issue and much easier. For some reason my default log list doesn't include either boost mean abs or the req boost but i'll make sure to add that to my logging list and run some more logs tonight. Thanks again radar. Click here to enlarge
    Be sure to also add "boost set point factor" and "MAF req(wgdc)" so you know what changes to make.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's two more logs. One is a Stg1FMIC and the other is a stock-like boost curve. It looks as though radar is right. The Boost abs is overshooting the Requested boost and you can clearly see the throttle closing continuously. Also the timing looks ok in the stock boost log. Does everyone's AFR's spike between 150-250 between shifts? Also I changed the unit measure so some of the units are measured in bar not psi. I'll switch it back to default.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After seeing what TPS looks like on, what I'm assuming, is map 0 to me that looks like a potential hardware issue. It's very rare to see throttle closures that severe and even more rare to see them that bad on the stock map.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After seeing what TPS looks like on, what I'm assuming, is map 0 to me that looks like a potential hardware issue. It's very rare to see throttle closures that severe and even more rare to see them that bad on the stock map.
    Yeah I'm start tearing some things down to have a closer look tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Re-installed the JB4 G5 and whatta you know....problem fixed. Don't know why I removed it to begin with.
    Zero throttle closure and no timing drops. Don't have the logs on this laptop to post at the moment. I guess those COBB OTS maps are still a little rusty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Geez I was losing my faith and though I'd have to come around and fix it for ya Click here to enlarge

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast