Close

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    Timing corrections are solely based on feedback from the knock sensors. Some correction post-shift is normal due to extra noise as the car moves into the next gear, but in your log it looks like Cylinder 1 and 4 are very unhappy. Do you get corrections any other time or just after the shift? Have you tried the normal steps like spark plugs, swapping coils, etc? Ever had the intake valves walnut blasted?
    Disregard ugly looking log, it was a quick way to prevent overboost post shift.

As you can see no timing correction when not overboosting.

Same gas of fuel, first 2 logs right after flashing, no adaptation at all.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Cobb E30 / DCI / VRSF Downpipes / VRSF 7" Intercooler / Walbro LPFP / E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer305 Click here to enlarge
    Disregard ugly looking log, it was a quick way to prevent overboost post shift.

As you can see no timing correction when not overboosting.

Same gas of fuel, first 2 logs right after flashing, no adaptation at all.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Looks like you're riding the limits of MBT with the amount of boost you're running. As I said, Timing Corrections are only based on what the knock sensors believes to be knock (real or false). In this case it looks like an actual knock event.

Look at this log you posted:
    http://datazap.me/u/bimmer305/dd20?l...-21-22&mark=44

You can see where I marked it that there was an initial hit of correction, but the more important (bad) thing here is that instead of decaying back to zero, there is another correction that pulls Cylinder 4 to -9 degrees. I would not ignore these. If you've done everything to make sure that the car is good with maintenance, then I would either reduce boost (the overshoot), reduce timing, or try more octane. If the little bit of overboost is upsetting the car this bad, you are riding on the hairy edge of having a lot more issues.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As Josh stated, maybe my WGs are overtightned...to investigate that theory further, i made a few logs today, with some very light load situations...

http://datazap.me/u/rayban81/boost-e...-8&zoom=18-146

Even whend the DME isn't requesting any boost, the system builds up some psi and the DME modulates airflow down with the throttle plate. I can't imagine, that this is the way things should be.

Any inputs on that behaviour? Is this the proof of Josh's theory?

As I don't think, that there was anything adjusted at the WGs in the past, i was trying to think of other things which could cause such situations. Could this be the v-band clamps blocking the WGs? Clogged vacuum canisters? Any ideas?
    335i N54 E91, 6MT, DP, performance exhaust, COBB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bump. I think a good suggestion might be to make a new thread called "tips and tricks" or something along those lines, where members contribute quick facts about ATR every once and awhile about tables not often adjusted.

For example a how to adjust rev limits, edit your throttle mapping the way you want, set a speed governor, easy way to increase/decrease timing, etc.

I'm sure alot of people could learn new things because community interaction is always good. Share your experiences trying different things and what not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's a good idea. Otherwise, you have yo read all 27 pages. We should create a FAQ. e.g. how to prevent throttle closures.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm down to contribute what modest amounts I know if we set up an FAQ page.

My concern is that it will devolve into this though. Someone will ask "how do I do X", and then we're just headed down the same path as we are here. IDK maybe i'm just being a cynic.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I haven't actually bought a 335 yet as I'm waiting for my other car to sell but I'm playing around with TunerPro and a stock bin just to get my head around all the tables etc. Still unsure If I'll go Accessport and ATR or BT cable and BBFlash. More than likely will go Accessport and ATR for the support and OTS maps that I can start from.

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to take a screenshot of Inake VANOS warm moving and exhaust vanos warm moving from a Cobb stage 1 and/or stage 2 OTS map? I'm really interested to see what they found best in terms of VANOS and if it has the strange dip around 3000rpm that the stock intake and exhaust tables both have.

Thanks in advance!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bradsm87 Click here to enlarge
    I haven't actually bought a 335 yet as I'm waiting for my other car to sell but I'm playing around with TunerPro and a stock bin just to get my head around all the tables etc. Still unsure If I'll go Accessport and ATR or BT cable and BBFlash. More than likely will go Accessport and ATR for the support and OTS maps that I can start from.

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to take a screenshot of Inake VANOS warm moving and exhaust vanos warm moving from a Cobb stage 1 and/or stage 2 OTS map? I'm really interested to see what they found best in terms of VANOS and if it has the strange dip around 3000rpm that the stock intake and exhaust tables both have.

Thanks in advance!
    There is much more support with ATR than there is with TP. You even have direct conntact with Cobb's ECU engineer Josh

You cannot copy over to TP from ATR and have it work 100% correctly as Cobb definitions are different from TP, then again you have to go hunting down an XDF for your car and then stuck with one particular ROM version if no one else is able to translate it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah AccessPort will be the way I go I reckon. It'll be good to use for on-screen gauges too. Still very interested in seeing OTS vanos maps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi there...
    First of all, here are 3 logs i made:
    datazap.me/u/cptkrk/stg2-aggr-st-ots?log=1&data=1-7-8-19

Starting at 4800 rpm boost is dropping up to 2,5-3 psi below target.

I read about 15 pages but for me it's not obviously clear, which table i should change.
    For my understanding i first add some WDGC ceiling and adder & then change WDGC Base if neccessary, right?

1.) If adding WDGC Base, by how much should i add WG%? It's set to 57 standard. By 3 points? 5?

2.) Ceiling & Adder gives the WG more space to act, right?

Running Stg2+Aggr. OTS atm.

Thank you guys...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Finally i changed some values.

Log:
    datazap.me/u/cptkrk/cptkrk-stg1?log=0&data=2-4-8-9-10-20

Still got a boostdrop starting at 5000 rpm.
    Do i have to expand the MAF line to 500 or even 600 g/s in the Adder (Airflow) table?
    Maybe search the affected area in the WDGC Base table and raise the values by 5 points?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will try this...
    Let's see if it works.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Log.
    Looks great!
    AFR at 11.7
    Zero timing corrections.
    102 octane.
    It's all about Adder & Ceiling. Perfect.

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by cartmanr6; 04-15-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, wondering if I can get some advice. I've been playing with my car trying to get the boost right. For the most part it's spot on, however in the 3900-4100 Rpm range i ALWAYS no matter what get a spike of 1psi higher than requested no matter how much I play with the WGDC (base) table. DME doesn't really close the throttle much at all. Rest of the pull the boost stays mostly spot on. I haven't messed with PID, Ceiling or Adder at all and not sure how I would even start.

Am I chasing my tail here? I know ~1psi isn't much of a spike but I don't like knowing it's spiking, plus the logs don't look nice.

One more thing, any tips to make the turbos spool faster?

*Log attached. There is 3 different logs in this one link. All exbihit the same thing. datalog3 is 2nd gear.

Looks like I can't post links yet so this shall do

http ://datazap.me/u/kingdlo/today?log=0&data=2-10-22

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kingdlo Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, wondering if I can get some advice. I've been playing with my car trying to get the boost right. For the most part it's spot on, however in the 3900-4100 Rpm range i ALWAYS no matter what get a spike of 1psi higher than requested no matter how much I play with the WGDC (base) table. DME doesn't really close the throttle much at all. Rest of the pull the boost stays mostly spot on. I haven't messed with PID, Ceiling or Adder at all and not sure how I would even start.

Am I chasing my tail here? I know ~1psi isn't much of a spike but I don't like knowing it's spiking, plus the logs don't look nice.

*Log attached. There is 3 different logs in this one link. All exbihit the same thing. datalog3 is 2nd gear.

@Josh@Cobb

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very interesting thread! Thanks a lot for the work guys

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kingdlo Click here to enlarge

I've been out of town, but I'm back. Send me an email with some logs and what you've tried so far. I'm sure I can help with some pointers.
    josh.dankel@cobbtuning.com
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hello guys,

can someone explain to me, what the "Throttle Aggression in Overload" Table really does? After months of playing around with my maps, loosening/tightening actuator arms, changing boost related hardware etc. i'm sure, that my WG's are a little bit sticky when hot and release too slowly. There's no way, to get rid of TC's and get it 100% right.

So i just want to restrict the throttle closures, even when the car is overboosting. I just don't care, if it's 1 oder 2 psi above the programmed limits. ;-)

What i got so far:

If I set the whole map to "0.000", throttle angle is restricted to ~ 45% through the whole rev range. If i set the whole map to "1.000" there isn't really any difference to the stock behaviour.

Setting "Threshold: Major Throttle Closures" to "0" isn't a good idea either...the car won't even idle. :-)

Is there any way, to prevent the ECU from closing the throttle in (mild) overboost situations, but not influencing any other driving situations?

Best,
    Clemens

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

@RayBan81

Throttle Aggression in Overload is for how agressive you want the throttle plate to close when boost means overshoots its target. The higher the value the more tolerant it is to overshoots. Max value is 0.999, max PSI allowed to overshoot is up to 1

The bad side to this is when you exceed 19.4 PSI your TC will hit like a hammer instead of a proportionate closure to control the overshoot in the trouble area with minimal loss in power.

Think of it as your training wheels, it should be LAST resort for minor TC

Leave the Major Throttle Closure OTS value alone

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm only driving about 15 - 16 psi, (approx. 165 load) as the car behaves more "smooth" when overshooting in that region. It's noticeable, but not like that harsh cut's, that happen in the 180's load area. Personally, i'm at the point where i don't give a $#@! about max torque or hp...i just want this car to drive normal, without paying for new turbos. Click here to enlarge

So there's no other option to restrict TC's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RayBan81 Click here to enlarge
    i don't give a $#@! about max torque or hp...i just want this car to drive normal,
    So there's no other option to restrict TC's?
    uninstall... ;-)

i have no more TCs whatsoever, partly by reducing WGDC but also by raising the load/torque limit tables

but now i have misfires i can't get rid of (only when tuned).

we lost contact after my return, still want to meet/talk?!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha :-)

Uninstall would be an option, but the car overboosts also with the stock map Click here to enlarge))

I'm on holiday the next weeks, but we could meet in July!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

3D Zooming ?

@Josh@Cobb

Is it possible to add a 3D zooming ability in ATR for 3D tables ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    @Josh@Cobb

Is it possible to add a 3D zooming ability in ATR for 3D tables ?
    Do you mean a way to make the 3D graphical table larger?
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    Do you mean a way to make the 3D graphical table larger?
    Yes....but to clarify I know the window can be expanded which will make the graphical table bigger. However, a zooming feature to get more detailed.

For example: The P-Factor table 3D graph, it doesnt matter how much the window is expanded you still cant make tits for tats out of it. Being able to zoom in on the area of interest would help
    Last edited by BuraQ; 06-09-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast