Close

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 Click here to enlarge
    I'm seeing the same thing with Stage 2+ Aggressive on 93 pump only. Timing is dipping down to about 3-4* at around 6.3K rpm. A fix for this would be great! I have a FMIC, Injen intake, and AR catless dp's.

-Jeff
    IAT? Are you seeing timing corrections, or are the timing corrections 0 and the timing target is dipping that low?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 Click here to enlarge
    I'm seeing the same thing with Stage 2+ Aggressive on 93 pump only. Timing is dipping down to about 3-4* at around 6.3K rpm. A fix for this would be great! I have a FMIC, Injen intake, and AR catless dp's.

-Jeff
    It's probably due to backpressure. You should be shifting at about 6000 anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    It's probably due to backpressure. You should be shifting at about 6000 anyway.
    No. This is a tune problem (as Cobb mentioned above). Same thing I see: no timing corrections, target going to 3-5 instead of 13 that is in the map.

Didn't happen with other flash or piggyback-only. Looking fwd to Cobb's next update.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No timing corrections. It just dips that low. Iat's are really good. Usally no higher than 120 on these runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Anyone know which limit table needs to be modified to prevent limp and code P2D58 "DME, Internal Error: target torque monitoring" from occuring? @dzenno@PTF @Terry@BMS

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

@lulz_m3, you're running into that code because your Boost Control (mostly WGDC) tables are set in a way that makes them exceed requested load limits. Its the final hard safety the DME uses to prevent over-load related issues. Its great to have and I'd never turn it off. It can save your motor in case of say a stuck-closed (i.e. make-boost situation) wastegate actuator on either stockers or upgraded twins or a single. The way to fix it is to make sure you're not exceeding your requested load targets.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

How can I increase my idle speed? IJEOS. The ATR help file says there are idle speed tables based on coolant temp, but I can't find them in ATR. I want it to idle @ 850 or so rather than 650.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    How can I increase my idle speed? IJEOS. The ATR help file says there are idle speed tables based on coolant temp, but I can't find them in ATR. I want it to idle @ 850 or so rather than 650.
    I actually just talked to @Josh@Cobb about this the other day at Bimmerfest. It shouldn't be much involved in getting this implemented so we'll see.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I used INPA to raise my idle to 850ish... maximum allowed in my case. I posted the details somewhere, but can't remember exactly now. There's 2 screens, 1 is for testing but once you turn off the car it doesn't stick. There's another screen where inputted value (x-y) range for various idles w, w/o AC, etc raises idle but the values inputted don't correlate directly to rpm target... just enter the highest value and setpoint will be around 850.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know which limit table needs to be modified to prevent limp and code P2D58 "DME, Internal Error: target torque monitoring" from occuring? @dzenno@PTF @Terry@BMS
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    @lulz_m3, you're running into that code because your Boost Control (mostly WGDC) tables are set in a way that makes them exceed requested load limits. Its the final hard safety the DME uses to prevent over-load related issues. Its great to have and I'd never turn it off. It can save your motor in case of say a stuck-closed (i.e. make-boost situation) wastegate actuator on either stockers or upgraded twins or a single. The way to fix it is to make sure you're not exceeding your requested load targets.
    If this is the case then your log should show massive throttle closure and/or ignition intervention... if not, then potentially a limit table was changed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    If this is the case then your log should show massive throttle closure and/or ignition intervention... if not, then potentially a limit table was changed.
    I'm waiting for a chance to retest it, oddly enough, it appears that Shiv disables code P2D58 in his map. I believe this is what is allowing him to have such "snappy" response, but need more time to log and digest whats occurring.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is the benefit of raising the idle speed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scorpnaz7 Click here to enlarge
    What is the benefit of raising the idle speed?
    For those that are running single mass flywheels it keeps it from sounding like a bucket of bolts.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine kind of sounds like a bucket of bolts sometimes. I have the stock flywheel too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Mine kind of sounds like a bucket of bolts sometimes. I have the stock flywheel too.
    Mine too, it's normal.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Log 1.txt

I recently recorded this log (csv renamed to txt). The power delivery seems a bit odd. Are there any abnormalities?
    If someone could please take a look and provide their feedback I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Its a 3rd gear pull running 91 oct. Ambient temps were around 70 Fahrenheit.
    Mods: Essentially full bolt-ons except secondary cats and oem muffler are still in place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Log 1.txt

I recently recorded this log (csv renamed to txt). The power delivery seems a bit odd. Are there any abnormalities?
    If someone could please take a look and provide their feedback I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Its a 3rd gear pull running 91 oct. Ambient temps were around 70 Fahrenheit.
    Mods: Essentially full bolt-ons except secondary cats and oem muffler are still in place.
    Graphs get faster answers, bump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Coming from JB4 and I'm lost with all the extra information on cobb logs.

Can someone see why timing drops down every time I go full throttle?

E30 map, ~50% E85

Thanks.

3-4 gear
    Click here to enlarge

4 gear
    Click here to enlarge
    Cobb E30 / DCI / VRSF Downpipes / VRSF 7" Intercooler / Walbro LPFP / E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer305 Click here to enlarge
    Coming from JB4 and I'm lost with all the extra information on cobb logs.

Can someone see why timing drops down every time I go full throttle?

E30 map, ~50% E85

Thanks.

3-4 gear
    That's normal. Timing target is based on load. At low load timing target is high, as load/boost ramp up(which happens quickly at WOT) timing target follows load and drops off. Your charge air temps are pretty high and that further reduces timing through CAT correction tables. All in all, your log looks pretty good.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    That's normal. Timing target is based on load. At low load timing target is high, as load/boost ramp up(which happens quickly at WOT) timing target follows load and drops off. Your charge air temps are pretty high and that further reduces timing through CAT correction tables. All in all, your log looks pretty good.
    Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying but I still think something needs a little tuning.
    I don't know if my symptom is related to high CAT since timing remains constant throughout the log even with rising temperatures.

They only way I can explain it is,
    Once I go full throttle, it stays dead then a couple of seconds later it feels like a truck hitting from behind. It must be when timing comes back up so sudden.
    Cobb E30 / DCI / VRSF Downpipes / VRSF 7" Intercooler / Walbro LPFP / E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer305 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying but I still think something needs a little tuning.
    I don't know if my symptom is related to high CAT since timing remains constant throughout the log even with rising temperatures.

They only way I can explain it is,
    Once I go full throttle, it stays dead then a couple of seconds later it feels like a truck hitting from behind. It must be when timing comes back up so sudden.
    Exactly. Raider, he is talking about the timing pulls at the onset of WOT. I get this too regularly and have just written it off. No cylinder corrections, but low onset timing (sort of like traction control).
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Notice how the timing is the mirror image of the boost until it settles down. I'd be curious to see what your requested boost is through that section.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys, I notice a lot of timing corrections post shifts. Is this something I should worry about ? It seems my DME is IJEOS which appears to be worst than others. I'm 6MT by the way.

Generally speaking, could new spark plugs help reduce timing corrections ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Concorde Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys, I notice a lot of timing corrections post shifts. Is this something I should worry about ? It seems my DME is IJEOS which appears to be worst than others. I'm 6MT by the way.

Generally speaking, could new spark plugs help reduce timing corrections ?
    Can you post some logs? What mods/Map are you running and fuel type?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Can you post some logs? What mods/Map are you running and fuel type?
    I'd love to ! But since I'm a noob on the site I can't attach anything. I'll make a few posts and post some logs ASAP.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast