Close

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    All great questions..now try going to 2.7 see what happens
    I changed mine from 2.6 to 2.7 (load table also set to 190 flat), and it raised by Boost Setpoint Limit 1psi, but Boost Req Abs, and Boost Setpoint factor remained the same. The net requested boost is 17.9 even though it is under load target.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

When I adjusted it my requested boost moved as expected. I've gone back almost to the Cobb P-factor table and things are working well. I wish the table went farther to the right. I would like to be able to request less boost at high airflows but if I drop the last cell on the right it ends the party too soon. I'm a bit annoyed that this capability was available all along but when I asked Cobb about it they acted like there was nothing that could be done to raise the boost target without making tables available that they didn't want to make available.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    When I adjusted it my requested boost moved as expected. I've gone back almost to the Cobb P-factor table and things are working well. I wish the table went farther to the right. I would like to be able to request less boost at high airflows but if I drop the last cell on the right it ends the party too soon. I'm a bit annoyed that this capability was available all along but when I asked Cobb about it they acted like there was nothing that could be done to raise the boost target without making tables available that they didn't want to make available.
    Nice. As far as wanting "more table" Can we just edit the column headings?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Wow...it appears we can but I hadn't tried that before. My experience is with old school 1g DSM code where that basically wasn't possible without customizing the code...thanks for the suggestion. If it words that will help me to avoid being 4+psi under target at high rpm due to elevation and the turbos being totally maxed out. I keep expecting a boost leak code or something like that due to setting the target so high.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yup, you can change the scaling on all tables to "reach" higher/lower calibration settings Click here to enlarge I see you guys are liking this info. To be honest and as I've been saying all along, it just takes time to learn and feel it all out. Unless you're in there tinkering and trying it instead of waiting for others to provide input nothing will ever come of it
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I don't mind tinkering at all...my problem was assuming that Cobb knew everything about every table they were making available.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

When getting the WGDC dialed in for my hybrid turbos I left the base table scaling the same but I rescaled the adder tables to increase resolution the 500+g/s range.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    When getting the WGDC dialed in for my hybrid turbos I left the base table scaling the same but I rescaled the adder tables to increase resolution the 500+g/s range.
    can you post a screen of it ? thx
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    I changed mine from 2.6 to 2.7 (load table also set to 190 flat), and it raised by Boost Set Limit 1psi, but Boost Req Abs, and Boost Setpoint factor remained the same. The net requested boost is 17.9 even though it is under load target.
    Can someone explain the significance of Boost Set Limit?

Again, changing the Boost Limit Multiplier from 2.6 to 2.7 raises the Boost Set Limit by 1 psi, but the Req Boost Abs. stays the same (17.8psi in this case). As it didn't raise the boost, what function does raisong this limit provide?
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Sure, i left my computer at a friends house but I'll post a pic when I get back tonight.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here you go. The preset base tables work well for dialing in the midrange boost and I just use the adder tables to set how much I want to hold higher up.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Here you go. The preset base tables work well for dialing in the midrange boost and I just use the adder tables to set how much I want to hold higher up.
    Click here to enlarge
    Thanks gonna try out this :-) my boost is perfect now but need more up top
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Keep in mind that there is a "Adder ceiling" table and a "WGDC limit" table that will both need to be raised if you hit them. I just set the adder ceiling table higher than I set the adder table to keep it out of the way and WGDC limit table I set at 80% just because I don't like the idea of running any more than that.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Same here. Let's see you some boost curves.

Here is one 4th gear stab from today (95F outside). Small throttle closure, but i normally don't see this.

if you don't hold more than me up top, then i'll leave my adder table alone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I re-scaled my WGDC adder table, adding 9% in the last cell (360 gs). This resulted in a 6% bump in "WGDC Base" (you can see the last blue line no longer flatlines at ~36%). I may bump it up a little more. The overall WGDC Bank 1 goes up to high 60's.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

What is the relationship of "WGDC after PID" to "WGDC Bank 1/2?" Looking at my logs, an increase to the WGDC after PID appear to translates to a proportionate increase to WGDC Bank 1/2 (+2% after PID and a +4% at bank 1 in this case).
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

What is the relationship of "WGDC after PID" to "WGDC Bank 1/2?" Looking at my logs, an increase to the WGDC after PID appear to translates to a proportionate increase to WGDC Bank 1/2 (+2% after PID and a +4% at bank 1 in this case).
    "

"WGDC after PID" is what WGDC is after the P, I and D tables. WGDC for each bank works like this(I think lol) WGDC base + after PID + WGDC(temp)= bank %.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

"

"WGDC after PID" is what WGDC is after the P, I and D tables. WGDC for each bank works like this(I think lol) WGDC base + after PID + WGDC(temp)= bank %.
    I know the PID part, but what is WGDC temp?
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I know the PID part, but what is WGDC temp?
    It's a channel you can log and monitor but as far as what it "is" I'm not sure nor do I know what tables in ATR it references. I've never really thought too much of it because, as of yet, it hasn't caused any problems for me that I know of.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Keep in mind that there is a "Adder ceiling" table and a "WGDC limit" table that will both need to be raised if you hit them. I just set the adder ceiling table higher than I set the adder table to keep it out of the way and WGDC limit table I set at 80% just because I don't like the idea of running any more than that.
    can you please post the adder ceiling table print?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    can you please post the adder ceiling table print?

WGDC limit
    Click here to enlarge
    The WGDC limit is 57 by default and you'll definitely need to raisie that to hold boost up top.

WGDC ceiling adder
    Click here to enlarge

The WGDC limit is 57 by default and you'll definitely need to raisie that to hold boost up top.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice on the adder table... think I may have learned something. Never played with it before and just rescaled base. @The Ghost, do you have req MAF for the above logs?

IIRC, the WG limit is after PID so 57% would be more like 75%. WG temp I have always assumed its the adjustment based on ECT, CAT temps, baro, and potentially other conditions. If wanted to check it you could play with boost factor tables for ECT and CAT... don't have ATR with me, so can't confirm the location/names, but there's 4 tables.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

perfect! will test the changes out and post a log
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

here a log with my own WGDC which works pretty ok
    Click here to enlarge

Here 2 logs with Rader1 adder / limiter , seems its boosting much more to redline now.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

here a log with my own WGDC which works pretty ok
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...f9569a0d-1.jpg

Here 2 logs with Rader1 adder / limiter , seems its boosting much more to redline now.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c0c0f241-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...4ed4adf7-1.jpg

Is that holding more? Plotting your boost curves on top of each other will help. Looks like its tapering to 16psi at the same point (6k?).

What's happening with your timing in 3rd gear?
    Change is constant

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast