Close

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    The stock “load target limit factors” don’t have an effect until very high IAT and/or ECTs
    Why do you say very high ? 100F and 110F are not really high.

ECT = Engine Coolant Temp, right ? Not Engine Cylinder Temp. Because there are tables with ECT = -40C, -20C...up to 125C so it must be coolant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    Why do you say very high ? 100F and 110F are not really high.

ECT = Engine Coolant Temp, right ? Not Engine Cylinder Temp. Because there are tables with ECT = -40C, -20C...up to 125C so it must be coolant.
    Well the OTS mapping i've seen don't reduce load until 194degF IAT and 244degF ECT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

@Josh@Cobb @Jason@Cobb @Rob@Cobb

Can you guys help us answer a few questions we have in the last few pages?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Well the OTS mapping i've seen don't reduce load until 194degF IAT and 244degF ECT
    I think thats fair considering timing starts getting reduced at 104* IRC.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

It's 30deg *F here in the northeast and Req boost still tapers Click here to enlarge
    I will get a datalog to post up to show REQ Boost and load tapers as RPM increases AND Act boost is lower than REQ Boost..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Here is a datalog from the OTS Stg2+FMIC LT Aggressive IJE0S v402 map.

The Req Boost tapers more than Req Load..
    Is there a table in ATR that we can edit to make the Req Boost flat?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

you're not even hitting your requested boost targets. Have you tried increasing WGDC where you are falling short of reqst boost? Requested boost is going to be a calculation of requested load, so there wont be a table for tuning requested boost directly.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Here is a datalog from the OTS Stg2+FMIC LT Aggressive IJE0S v402 map.

I think that your WGDC Base table is not set up correctly, but this can also mean boost leaks, bad intake or bad intercooler. Things can be improved for sure. You need to use ATR to modify it. If you post a log in which you log MAF Req. (WGDC), Boost Setpoint Factor, Req. Boost and Mean Boost Abs. I may be able to help you. Also post a screenshot of your WGDC Base table. If you have the IJE0S ECU type I can send you a map with WGDC Base modified.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

The easiest first step is to increase the adder. I also altered my MAF scaling to expand the columns to 370gs iirc... This allows finer tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Thanks guys.
    I have the IJEOS rom, ER FMIC and charge pipe and BMS DCI and also checked for boost leaks.
    I will rescale the MAF in the WGDC Base table and increase the adder and base table and report back.
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

That's the million dollar question, IMO. The assumption when you first get ATR is that Req Boost is just a function of Req Load, but it seems to be more complicated than that, especially at high elevation. And everything gets weird when you exceed either one. I've bugged Cobb about it but either they don't fully understand the relationship between the two, or they are keeping the information to themselves for now. All I know for sure is that you can't just adjust Req Load and expect that change to be reflected in Req Boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So these are my two datalogs from last night with v. 4.02 Stage 2 + FMIC.

Anybody see any issues with these?

Mods are: Vishnu DCI's, VRSF FMIC, VRSF catless DP's, VRSF exhaust.

Was considering raising the load target above 5000rpm to 6500rpm to 190 to try to hold on to some top end power, and maybe adding 1 degree of timing in the 180 load column. Most of the time in 3rd/4th I shift the car at 6000rpm anyway.

The second run was about 10 seconds after the first, I did one third gear pull, logged it, then did another pull right after braking down.

In the second datalog, the timing corrections were in cylinders 1, 2, & 5, and were only 3.38 degrees each, and the IAT for the second pull was ~12 degrees higher than the first (start at 92 degrees going to ~100 instead of starting at 84 degrees going to ~93).

Thanks for any input
    datalog1.csv Plot.pdf datalog2.csv Plot.pdf

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I checked for boost leaks by pressurizing the intercooler piping with 15psi and all was good....

FYI: This is the OTS E30 map WITH NO CHANGES.. I understand I need to modify WGDC tables to increase boost in the higher RPM's..

Based on the datalogs below, what are your thoughts? Is this normal to have such a delta from Req Boost and Boost Mean?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

At high elevation that is typical and I can reduce the delta by about 1psi by adjusting the P-factor map so that the WGDC can rise to 57% in an attempt to hit the target. But it doesn't gain me much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I would say no, your boost is falling off big time. Maybe try replacing the wastegate solenoids?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Am I correct in assuming from what I've read that adding 2-3 gallons of E85 to a full tank of 93 is fine on the stage 2+ FMIC map? The Cobb tuning will increase fueling using the fuel trims (need to log LTFT and STFT to make sure they aren't maxed, yes?) to maintain stoich?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    Am I correct in assuming from what I've read that adding 2-3 gallons of E85 to a full tank of 93 is fine on the stage 2+ FMIC map? The Cobb tuning will increase fueling using the fuel trims (need to log LTFT and STFT to make sure they aren't maxed, yes?) to maintain stoich?
    Cobb wont, the DME will do it by itself. You can adjust the fuel scalar in ATR for the Stg 2+ FMIC map to account for the ethanol and try to keep your fuel trims close to 0. If you dont, it wont hurt anything with only a few gallons of E85 to a full tank of 93, but you might get some fuel mixture codes because of the ethanol.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Cobb wont, the DME will do it by itself. You can adjust the fuel scalar in ATR for the Stg 2+ FMIC map to account for the ethanol and try to keep your fuel trims close to 0. If you dont, it wont hurt anything with only a few gallons of E85 to a full tank of 93, but you might get some fuel mixture codes because of the ethanol.
    I have the E30 race map on my AP as well, and I certainly can modify the fuel scalar. Considering getting about 5 5 gallon gas cans and putting 4 gallons in each at the E85 station 20 miles away, so I can put 4 gallons in per 14 gallon fillup, and be E30...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    I have the E30 race map on my AP as well, and I certainly can modify the fuel scalar. Considering getting about 5 5 gallon gas cans and putting 4 gallons in each at the E85 station 20 miles away, so I can put 4 gallons in per 14 gallon fillup, and be E30...
    That works, but is kind of a pain in the ass. If you have the required mods to run the E30 map, i would suggest using it. The S2+ map is ok, but wont take advantage of the benefits of the Ethanol. E30 race map should net you a solid 20+ whp more than the S2+ Agg.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Is this normal to have such a delta from Req Boost and Boost Mean?
    Yes, it is normal. But try to increase the value from the lower right corner of the WGDC Base table by 3 points (for 1200kg/h air and 2.4 boost setpoint factor). You may get some boost overshoots in the midrange but you will find out if your turbos can do more. However look at the WGDC of the turbos in that area, if its 58% then you can't do anything more other than recvising your intake and intercooler. If it's not 58% yet you can likely increase the boost by increasing that value. You can adjust the overshoots later. If you have an intercooler with high pressure drop (the smaller ones are like this, like the ETS 5") then you can gain up to 1-1.5 psi by replacing it with a larger but more free flowing intercooler like Big Tom / CX Racing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

@cstavaru
    I have the ER FMIC and wanted to see if you guys thought this was a mechanical issue or tuning related..
    Thank you for the info above and I will modify the WGDC Base table to get the boost back up. On a side note I will look over the IC piping and boost solenoid plumbing tonight

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Just reviewed the file you attached and WGDC is very high with PID maxed. If your elevation is not too high, you have some mechanical issue. Either vac, boost leak, or WGs loose. First 2 need to be checked/fixed... if the 3rd, you can somewhat compensate with tuning to a degree. The easiest fix is to increase the adder to 15 or even 20 in the last cell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Hello All,
    I am new to Cobb, and looking at switching from a Procede. There is a lot of great information on BB and in this thread, but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of some reading material on tuning in general, and maybe ATR specific as well? I would love to learn how to tune my own car. Any info is appreciated. Thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aced16 Click here to enlarge
    Hello All,
    I am new to Cobb, and looking at switching from a Procede. There is a lot of great information on BB and in this thread, but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of some reading material on tuning in general, and maybe ATR specific as well? I would love to learn how to tune my own car. Any info is appreciated. Thank you!
    There's a ton of stuff, you'll just have to search and poke around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    HI, New to Cobb here.. I run map1+aggressive and got P3OFF (boost leak) code and check engine light, I clear the code and did it again just to be sure and same thing happend. Then I switched to map+1sport and everything was fine no boost leak anymore. Im guessing my DVs cant support that boost but looking for confirmation. My car is with FMIC and DCI. I attached couple of logs with each map (still learning to read cobb logs) Any opinions? Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast