Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO - COBB ATR discussions, maps

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

HOWTO - COBB ATR discussions, maps

Lets start a sticky where all ATR related discussions can be collected with suggestions, maps exchange etc.

Would be also great to get an idea which ECU everybody has (mine is I8A0s) so that its easy to request maps , check out changes and test them.

ATR seems quite overwhelming when using it the first time, i checked all cobb maps i have and that helps understanding a bit what is required to up the power.

The stock load table looks like this:
    Click here to enlarge

Stock Timing table:
    Click here to enlarge

The stage 3 beta i am running now is the following:
    Click here to enlarge

Timing:
    Click here to enlarge

I have modified the timing table to run some meth/e85 as per below:
    Click here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina B3 Flash
    Click here to enlarge

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good thread. I have I8A0s too, but stock turbos.

Im going to start with timing adjustments, since that seems to be where most say Cobb is conservative, and report back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Stock turbos with I8A0S as well. I will be mostly fiddling with the relationship between accelerator pedal position and requested torque targets. I want to make a map suitable for road coarse and another one for AutoX based on Stage 2+ Aggressive fueling and timing.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I have IJEOS..and will start with timing slowly but will watch other peoples results first

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I'm most interested in tuning out the massive boost oscillations. My WGDC % trace is unreal, and the PID takes all of 2500-5000 rpms to get it under control. It feels like the turbos are boost squirt guns, you know how to even start figuring this out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

when did this come out?

bobS is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    when did this come out?
    Last week, it's good stuff!
    Click here to enlarge
    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

Hey guys, i've been literally bombarded with questions on the AP since its release a couple days ago. A few people suggested that I start a little hobby driven thing on the side given I'm already putting enormous amounts of time into this daily. I've had the privilege of working with Cobb's ATR since about end of last year, learning and providing feedback all the while appreciating what Cobb has done for this community.

I'm looking to extend my help that I already try to provide on this and other forums through a website I started in the last few days called none other than PRO TUNING FREAKS! Click here to enlarge No I'm not a pro tuner but yes i am a true N54 hardcore freak as many of you I'm sure already know. In the next while I'll be working with some local cars to get them dialed in to their liking and see where and if I can help them tweak with ATR.

The point of all this is to support a seemingly ever lasting hobby and no I'm not looking to make a career out of this as I've already got one of those for the past 12 years and thankfully its going really well (knock on wood). In terms of the site, I've put up a few pay-for services with some what I feel is sensible pricing to make it worth the time and gas spent. I've also got a free service of reviewing datalogs and providing feedback on there for those of you that do wish to tinker with ATR in detail and learn. For others that just want a reliable well performing map made for their mods/octane/conditions we can do that over email in a few iterations.

Hit me up if you've got any questions or suggestions or whatever type of feedback it might be. I'm still on the forums, not going anywhere any time soon Click here to enlarge

www.protuningfreaks.com

Hopefully this isn't seen as some kind of heavy marketing, just introducing the idea to you guys. If something comes of it or not it really doesn't matter in the end to me...

cheers!
    Click here to enlargeCobb ProTune & eTune Services
    Contact us on the Web, Blog, Facebook, Twitter
    Google Talk: dzenno@protuningfreaks.com

N54 6MT TwinTurbo 1/4 Mile World Record: 11.43@126.6mph, 1.8 60', Stock 6MT 3.08 Gearing (Cayuga - Toronto Motorsports Park)
    N54 6MT TwinTurbo 60-130mph World Record: 6.5sec 100-200km/hr, 7.5sec 60-130mph (vbox verified)
    N54 DCT World Record (Race Gas + Meth + SSP Clutches), Stock Turbos: 450WHP / 490WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    N54 (96-98 octane, no meth) World Record,
    Stock Motor: 673WHP / 564WTQ
    N54 (ERC 109 unleaded octane and meth) World Record, Stock Motor:
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Contact us today for our forum promotions on our COBB PRO Tunes and offerings from ar design, Aquamist, AMS Performance, COBB, cp-e, Evolution Racewerks,
    ETS, HELIX, Howerton Engineering, KW Suspensions, P3 Cars, ST Suspensions, SPEC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

thats a great idea!!!
    07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina B3 Flash
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

guest vendor account in 3....2.....

Q4P is offline Member
    2JZ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Dzenno we need like 50 people like you to do the same exact thing... All n54 related parts and tunng will drop to free within weeks. Click here to enlarge

This my friends is what drives innovation, drops prices and delivers a better product.

lulz_m3 is online now Full Throttle

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dfv2 Click here to enlarge
    I'm most interested in tuning out the massive boost oscillations. My WGDC % trace is unreal, and the PID takes all of 2500-5000 rpms to get it under control. It feels like the turbos are boost squirt guns, you know how to even start figuring this out?
    What ECU are you and what map are you running? I had boost oscillations and Cobb got me the beta map (Stage 2+) that is suppose to fix it, worked on my car. I've got the original one from Cobb or one that i made a few tweaks on if you would like to try it, i'm I8AOS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Dzenno we need like 50 people like you to do the same exact thing... All n54 related parts and tunng will drop to free within weeks. Click here to enlarge

This my friends is what drives innovation, drops prices and delivers a better product.
    Thanks buddy!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    What ECU are you and what map are you running? I had boost oscillations and Cobb got me the beta map (Stage 2+) that is suppose to fix it, worked on my car. I've got the original one from Cobb or one that i made a few tweaks on if you would like to try it, i'm I8AOS.
    I have I8A0S as well. I'd love to tackle these boost oscillations that some of you guys are seeing. Are you sure it isn't boost PID related?

N54 6MT TwinTurbo 1/4 Mile World Record: 11.43@126.6mph, 1.8 60', Stock 6MT 3.08 Gearing (Cayuga - Toronto Motorsports Park)
    N54 6MT TwinTurbo 60-130mph World Record: 6.5sec 100-200km/hr, 7.5sec 60-130mph (vbox verified)
    N54 DCT World Record (Race Gas + Meth + SSP Clutches), Stock Turbos: 450WHP / 490WTQ
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Contact us today for our forum promotions on our COBB PRO Tunes and offerings from ar design, Aquamist, AMS Performance, COBB, cp-e, Evolution Racewerks,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DZ just sent you an email with logs I am I8AOS also looking to do a race map and what is your take on running meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Great idea!, great looking site! And at least seen from europe, nice, nice prices Click here to enlarge

I think both Cobb and Rob will sell alot more hw with you doing this.
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    Cobb v3 stage2 OTS
    Planned:
    1000cc injectors & E85 tune

Autobahn335i is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Great idea!, great looking site! And at least seen from europe, nice, nice prices Click here to enlarge

I think both Cobb and Rob will sell alot more hw with you doing this.
    +1

Now get a RB map for 6AT working Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / OEM M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Bilstein PSS10 / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / RE Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: Transmission cooler / Rollcage

lulz_m3 is online now Full Throttle

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

I have I8A0S as well. I'd love to tackle these boost oscillations that some of you guys are seeing. Are you sure it isn't boost PID related?
    Honestly not sure, i'm waiting to find the time to do some in depth logging and play with the various WGDC tables to get a better understanding of how to dial this in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Hey guys, i've been literally bombarded with questions on the AP since its release a couple days ago. A few people suggested that I start a little hobby driven thing on the side given I'm already putting enormous amounts of time into this daily. I've had the privilege of working with Cobb's ATR since about end of last year, learning and providing feedback all the while appreciating what Cobb has done for this community.

I'm looking to extend my help that I already try to provide on this and other forums through a website I started in the last few days called none other than PRO TUNING FREAKS! Click here to enlarge No I'm not a pro tuner but yes i am a true N54 hardcore freak as many of you I'm sure already know. In the next while I'll be working with some local cars to get them dialed in to their liking and see where and if I can help them tweak with ATR.

The point of all this is to support a seemingly ever lasting hobby and no I'm not looking to make a career out of this as I've already got one of those for the past 12 years and thankfully its going really well (knock on wood). In terms of the site, I've put up a few pay-for services with some what I feel is sensible pricing to make it worth the time and gas spent. I've also got a free service of reviewing datalogs and providing feedback on there for those of you that do wish to tinker with ATR in detail and learn. For others that just want a reliable well performing map made for their mods/octane/conditions we can do that over email in a few iterations.

Hit me up if you've got any questions or suggestions or whatever type of feedback it might be. I'm still on the forums, not going anywhere any time soon Click here to enlarge

www.protuningfreaks.com

Hopefully this isn't seen as some kind of heavy marketing, just introducing the idea to you guys. If something comes of it or not it really doesn't matter in the end to me...

cheers!
    Damnit. Why do you have to be in Canada? I want both dyno tuning sessions!

Guess I'm going to have to settle with the eTune. Can you eTune with 50/50 E85/93 and/or with meth?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Damnit. Why do you have to be in Canada? I want both dyno tuning sessions!

Guess I'm going to have to settle with the eTune. Can you eTune with 50/50 E85/93 and/or with meth?
    For sure. You'd possibly run 2 different maps to take full advantage of both.

725WHP / 609WTQ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    +1

+2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    +1

What doesn't work on a 6AT with RBs and 6AT? @themyst's issue is quite unique to his car

725WHP / 609WTQ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

What doesn't work on a 6AT with RBs and 6AT? @themyst 's issue is quite unique to his car
    mine works just fine besides boost request drops which are not AT related .
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3
    IJE0S, but my buddy has an I8A0S so I'd still love to see what you've got. Anything to help me start to understand the PID system and how changes effect the final WGDC%
    Could you email it to me? srplaske (at) gmail (•) com, in fact send both maps (the beta and the tweaked beta) if you don't mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

so which table is the PID for Boost?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    so which table is the PID for Boost?
    wgdc P, I and D tables

725WHP / 609WTQ

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast