Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Looks like this project has been dumped Click here to enlarge
    Based on..? Just lack of updates.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think Mat is still working on it. I haven't had time to run any more iterations because my free time is scarce right now. I think if Mat has one design he would like me to run I could do it, where you at Mat?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I think Mat is still working on it. I haven't had time to run any more iterations because my free time is scarce right now. I think if Mat has one design he would like me to run I could do it, where you at Mat?
    Is there any way to reverse the process so that you make "the perfect intake manifold model" on your computer and derived from the theory and Mat would get them done? Is there a way to go around the hurdle of numerous iterations?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Is there any way to reverse the process so that you make "the perfect intake manifold model" on your computer and derived from the theory and Mat would get them done? Is there a way to go around the hurdle of numerous iterations?
    If that were the case I wouldn't have a job.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ya, I'm still here. I made the decision to move over platforms to the Ecoboost, but I am working with Vargas on his projects now, and we both feel that it makes more sense to put our resources into a the twin turbo kit. The intake manifold will make more sense when we need a aux fuel rail for port injection when the hp numbers get to that point. Naffo and I got together about a month ago and tried to fit the wood model I made, and it will not fit as it is with stock rear air snorkel, and I have to go back and edit a few things. Also, I have had a crap ton of personal stuff happen to me this last month that kinda made car parts irrelevant. Sorry, $h!t happens, and sometimes you got to crap back at it. I am working on N54 stuff, I just do not post about it on the internet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mat Morkin Click here to enlarge
    Ya, I'm still here. I made the decision to move over platforms to the Ecoboost, but I am working with Vargas on his projects now, and we both feel that it makes more sense to put our resources into a the twin turbo kit. The intake manifold will make more sense when we need a aux fuel rail for port injection when the hp numbers get to that point. Naffo and I got together about a month ago and tried to fit the wood model I made, and it will not fit as it is with stock rear air snorkel, and I have to go back and edit a few things. Also, I have had a crap ton of personal stuff happen to me this last month that kinda made car parts irrelevant. Sorry, $h!t happens, and sometimes you got to crap back at it. I am working on N54 stuff, I just do not post about it on the internet.

Its all good dude, personal stuff always takes a front seat Click here to enlarge Whenever it gets done, it gets done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Minor fitment problems with the rear air inlet tube?

Better inlet manifold would be useful for everyone and not only a small niche market. This was so close, I hoped you could have finished this first.

By the way since the stock injectors are huge, I don't think people want or need a secondary port injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Minor fitment problems with the rear air inlet tube?

Better inlet manifold would be useful for everyone and not only a small niche market. This was so close, I hoped you could have finished this first.

By the way since the stock injectors are huge, I don't think people want or need a secondary port injection.
    +1000

I don't see secondary port injection coming to this platform. A better designed manifold could net gains for everyone. Maybe cars with upgraded turbos would profit even more from it. So there is definitely a market for this product if it performs, at the right price.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Uneven distribution of air and for some people air + meth, is one of the biggest problems of N54. A good intake manifold, just like yours, could help a lot. Moreover, it seems to me that Vargas might not plan using your exhaust manifold design, as he has been talking about log style mani?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can neither confirm nor deny that I will be building his tooling for the log.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^ There's a double negative there Mindy
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can neither confirm nor deny that I will be building his tooling for the log.
    Comparing your and his stg3 plans, I liked your tubular, close to equal length primaries manifold a lot better than the log mani he wants to make. However, when it comes to retaining the stock DPs, I agree with him that ditching the stock DPs is the way to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've dropped the kit, and I am working with him. I've given him my input and explained my capabilities. I'm not going into it, but my circumstances have changed, and I can no longer take on a project this large alone. Tony seems like an upright guy, and he should have a big twin kit soon. I'm doing everything I can to stay involved. I started Morkin Design & Performance in part to help shops like his bring projects to the market place, and second to make my own line of performance parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've dropped the kit, and I am working with him. I've given him my input and explained my capabilities. I'm not going into it, but my circumstances have changed, and I can no longer take on a project this large alone. Tony seems like an upright guy, and he should have a big twin kit soon. I'm doing everything I can to stay involved. I started Morkin Design & Performance in part to help shops like his bring projects to the market place, and second to make my own line of performance parts.
    That is what I understood and it's refreshing that you tell you have dropped the kit as some other people could just disappear without mentioning it and leave people hanging and waiting for nothing. Respect.

I was still just comparing your original plans with his current plans and commenting on the exhaust manifold and DP design plans even if it is rather theoretical and meaningless as your original plans will not actualize in those areas. I'm sure thought that his kit will be better with your help and involvement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now, the manifold is still in the works. I have to redesign it a little to fit within the constraints of the engine bay better, but right now it is a hobby and I have things to do that have a higher priority.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is what I understood and it's refreshing that you tell you have dropped the kit as some other people could just disappear without mentioning it and leave people hanging and waiting for nothing. Respect.

I was still just comparing your original plans with his current plans and commenting on the exhaust manifold and DP design plans even if it is rather theoretical and meaningless as your original plans will not actualize in those areas. I'm sure thought that his kit will be better with your help and involvement.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if you ever want to do something with another shop, lemme know..always liked doing fabrication stuff and being at the leading edge of the market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Pm me if you have something in mind. I honestly see myself going in this direction, helping performance shops bring their projects to life. BTW my CNC machine is about to get on a truck, I'll post pics when I get it running.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anything ever come of this? Did you get your cnc machine running?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    Anything ever come of this? Did you get your cnc machine running?
    He moved on to the ecoboost market.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    He said in another thread that he was going to keep playing with it, but as more of a freetime hobby sort of deal. Just wondering if he got anywhere.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    He said in another thread that he was going to keep playing with it, but as more of a freetime hobby sort of deal. Just wondering if he got anywhere.
    Last I heard he has abondoned the n54 platform altogether. Maybe he had a change of heart but I doubt it.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pm me if you have something in mind. I honestly see myself going in this direction, helping performance shops bring their projects to life. BTW my CNC machine is about to get on a truck, I'll post pics when I get it running.
    To go along with an above post...I have access to non destructive evaluative techniques at work that could provide us a point cloud of the interior surfaces of the stock manifold. I also have access to NX 7.5 and could take on the modeling side. What sort of time do you have to "play" with this idea again, if I join the free workforce?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    The ecoboost is a great market to be in and a pretty impressive motor. The 3.5 V6 is what I'm referring to.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The ecoboost is a great market to be in and a pretty impressive motor. The 3.5 V6 is what I'm referring to.
    Agree, ford is back to making kick ass engines again if you ask me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast