Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, there's an e85 discussion going on elsewhere and then the issue of fuel trims maxed(near Max) was brought up and then joshboody brought this up(I know he doesn't have many fans here, but the guy is pretty sharp IMO)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Joshboody Click here to enlarge
    The DME will just recalculate fuel mass when changing pressure... shouldn't have any effect I assume. Piggies get more fuel by reducing the fuel pressure signal to the DME. This can also raise IDC when DME cannot reach pressure target. At this time there is no way to increase fuel mass with ATR (from what I've reviewed). Potentially reconfig a torque table to reduce load per torque and indirectly get more fuel? Good work OP. I guess to review these maps, I have to upload another ATR for this ROM? I have I8AOS
    Just wondering what you guys think. Is it possible to increase total fuel volume to take e85 into account as ATR exist now?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For flash tuning on E85 ideally you'd need an rpm/load/lambda/IPW reference table. With a piggyback you can work around that by fudging the fuel pressure signal and/or fudging the load values.

On the flash end I don't see any easy way to work around the fuel trims issue without having the proper tables at hand. But it might not be a big deal with say a 40% E85 mix. The DME is aware of actual load so it's going to be in the ballpark and you do have a +34% trim factor to work with. As a starting point I might take their S2+ aggressive map, bump advance up to the OEM levels, lean AFR out to the OEM levels, and then gingerly evaluate on a 40% E85 mix.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's exactly what you with ATR now, work under the 34% cap at a 40:60 mix of E85. Any more than 40% and I personally smash into the 34% ceiling. I keep hearing cobb is working on a way to tune for more fuel, it's only a matter of time before cobb supports 100% E85 tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    For flash tuning on E85 ideally you'd need an rpm/load/lambda/IPW reference table. With a piggyback you can work around that by fudging the fuel pressure signal and/or fudging the load values.

On the flash end I don't see any easy way to work around the fuel trims issue without having the proper tables at hand. But it might not be a big deal with say a 40% E85 mix. The DME is aware of actual load so it's going to be in the ballpark and you do have a +34% trim factor to work with. As a starting point I might take their S2+ aggressive map, bump advance up to the OEM levels, lean AFR out to the OEM levels, and then gingerly evaluate on a 40% E85 mix.
    Thats basically what im currently running, on 25% ethanol. FWIW, i logged this on 15% ethanol and still had 0 timing drops.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345