Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    849
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    How did you get the clearance? I'm assuming you cut the inside lip.. did you finish it with a roller like the eastwood?

    I'm going to need to roll mine for more clearance as well, I'm curious how you did it.
    Almost impossible to roll the fenders after cutting/shaving off the inside lip. It is very fragile after that point. My fenders have be rolled along time ago, and they were somewhat cut. Recently we cut almost all of it off along with shaving alot off. There was alot of work needed to be done on the lower side of the fender by the side rocker panels. No lying, it didnt come out that perfectly, one part chipped alittle bit of the paint off and we had to touch it up. Its very difficult to do but it was the only way to get these tires in the fender.

    Depending on your wheel and tire setup you should be fine with a simple rolling of the fenders.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    107.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Unfortunately, I'm not willing to go to these lengths for traction. I need to find another alternative.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    849
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately, I'm not willing to go to these lengths for traction. I need to find another alternative.
    After awhile traction becomes your worst enemy. After years and years of battling with it, it finally pushes you over the edge. To be bonest though you cant even tell anything is different about my fenders, just the inside which i dont care. I never wanted to do a widebody, almost did it but im glad i stuck with this.

    Im guessing you have an HPF kit? I would probably say you have to go with a MT tire to get traction. You can go 275/40/17 or the 305/35/18 and get decent traction without much fender work. However you must have the right offset of wheels.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,443
    Rep Points
    32,145.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately, I'm not willing to go to these lengths for traction. I need to find another alternative.
    What is the alternative?

    Basically widebody or run around on bias-ply's.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    107.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    After awhile traction becomes your worst enemy. After years and years of battling with it, it finally pushes you over the edge. To be bonest though you cant even tell anything is different about my fenders, just the inside which i dont care. I never wanted to do a widebody, almost did it but im glad i stuck with this.

    Im guessing you have an HPF kit? I would probably say you have to go with a MT tire to get traction. You can go 275/40/17 or the 305/35/18 and get decent traction without much fender work. However you must have the right offset of wheels.
    Yeah, I'm M3onTwomps at E46fanatics. My car is at HPF getting Stage 2.5 as we speak.

    I'm only going to be home for a couple weeks, so I'll bear with the lack of traction on my PS2s for now. I'll definitely be following everyone's wheel/tire reports until I come home again next March. By then, hopefully some more info is available to make a good decision. I know Scott had success with his setup and Mike likes his.

    Keep us posted on yours! Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    107.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is the alternative?

    Basically widebody or run around on bias-ply's.
    There's other tire sizes that won't require these fender mods. Just waiting for performance information from some of the guys running new tire setups. I've got time to wait and make an educated decision.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,443
    Rep Points
    32,145.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I'm M3onTwomps at E46fanatics. My car is at HPF getting Stage 2.5 as we speak.

    I'm only going to be home for a couple weeks, so I'll bear with the lack of traction on my PS2s for now. I'll definitely be following everyone's wheel/tire reports until I come home again next March. By then, hopefully some more info is available to make a good decision. I know Scott had success with his setup and Mike likes his.

    Keep us posted on yours! Click here to enlarge
    Congrats on your 2.5 and I really hope you keep us updated on it!

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    107.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Congrats on your 2.5 and I really hope you keep us updated on it!
    Thanks, I'll try. I'm on a .mil network right now, so my access to media sharing sites is nil. My internet in my room sucks. Probaby worse than dial-up. I've received a few pics from HPF, but it's very difficult to upload them. I'm really hoping they'll just post a thread like they sometimes do.

    I'll definitely give a review after my trip home. Don't think I'll get to it while I'm home, though. My time is going to be very limited and I plan on doing some serious driving and partying. Separately, of course. Click here to enlarge I'm going to the Skip Barber High Performance driving school at Lime Rock in August. Hope to learn some things. I ordered a GoPro HD camera for a trip I'm planning in the hills where I hope to find some good roads. It'll be my first attempt at a vid, so I hope it turns out well. Gonna try to get some 60-130 runs in, too.

    The anxiety is killing me.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    849
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Ive tried plenty of setups. You can easily go with a set of 275/40/17's with hardly any fender work, if any. It all depends on your suspension and wheel offsets, but you can get away with fenders with no mods at all with those tire sizes. The other option is the 305/35/18 MT tire some of the guys are running, you just have to get a wheel with a 30 offset or so. That might require a rolling of the fender. The 295/45/17 will require cutting/shaving. I think as far as traction goes i listed the tires from least to best. The 275/40/17s should hook for your car in 2nd gear and up when they are deflated and new enough.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,443
    Rep Points
    32,145.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, I'll try. I'm on a .mil network right now, so my access to media sharing sites is nil. My internet in my room sucks. Probaby worse than dial-up. I've received a few pics from HPF, but it's very difficult to upload them. I'm really hoping they'll just post a thread like they sometimes do.

    I'll definitely give a review after my trip home. Don't think I'll get to it while I'm home, though. My time is going to be very limited and I plan on doing some serious driving and partying. Separately, of course. Click here to enlarge I'm going to the Skip Barber High Performance driving school at Lime Rock in August. Hope to learn some things. I ordered a GoPro HD camera for a trip I'm planning in the hills where I hope to find some good roads. It'll be my first attempt at a vid, so I hope it turns out well. Gonna try to get some 60-130 runs in, too.

    The anxiety is killing me.
    Just tell them to forward the pics to me and I'll put them up for you, administrator@bimmerboost.com

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •