Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

? :Tuning Basics

Since I can't fly to Singapore and have Mr. X "tell me how engines work", I figured I'd ask you (Bimmerheads & tech gurus) on how to do a basic ECU tune (OEM or Aftermarket, & any tips & tricks are welcome).

Yeah, yeah I know those who peek at this are groaning, "Google or Wiki dude!!" but they're not gonna tell me what you (the awesome & supremely knowledgeable bimmerheads & tech gurus of bimmerboost.com) guys can tell me. Now, I'm not asking for you to go into your black box of secrets, God no... just some knowledge on getting the most out of the engine without bolting on or building a Hiroshima 24v quad turbo with triple port & polishing. (I truly know nothing about cars lol)

In a recently wonderful thread I read here, I saw someone (a Mr. X voucher) post a pic of car he tuned that supposedly had no modifacations to the engine... just a tinkered ECU. I thought to myself, "That's something I'd like to do & be very good at." If I can get the basics, then get comfortable enough to try my best Mr. X (looks around... that guy could pop up on this thread!) like ECU tinker.

Thanks for taking the time out your busy lives to read my scribblings.

P.S. If any of you do build the 24v quad-turbo triple polished port Hiroshima... I want royalties!! And you have put it in a E30 (no, I'm not doing the chant).Click here to enlarge

There's a thin line between friends & business, always be aware of that because something can along & ruin one or the other.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You could take a basic EFI course to learn the basics really.

Air fuel, timing, etc., this is where it begins.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Stick, currently reading up on these subjects at ENGINEBASICS.COM. Click here to enlarge
    There's a thin line between friends & business, always be aware of that because something can along & ruin one or the other.