Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Your love of scrotum never ceases to amaze me.
    The 10.8@131 shows beyond a doubt it IS a dyno queen.
    FBIS will never take it to a track as equally underperforming numbers will be seen.

Oh, an I neg repped you
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    it was solid. low, like 1.4/1.5/1.6 iirc.

the numbers are great, i am happy for FBIS. i hope we get as unbiased of a review as we can get from him.
    1.57 60' on Shiv's WR dragtimes posting, very good for a 335i but there are 135i's on DR hitting as low or better so the single 135i or RB 135i (Oldbooster) will be fun to watch and see if they can beat the WR 1/4 time without going the suspension and slicks route.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    1.57 60' on Shiv's WR dragtimes posting, very good for a 335i but there are 135i's on DR hitting as low or better so the single 135i or RB 135i (Oldbooster) will be fun to watch and see if they can beat the WR 1/4 time without going the suspension and slicks route.
    Oldbooster just went 11.1 with a 1.79 60' with minimal effort. I hope once he gets 60' down in the 1.6 range and we do a couple tweaks on the tuning end he'll be running 10s@129ish.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    So Terry was just joking about octane. Right Terry I don't get how people think you are a decent guy it makes no sense, give respect were it is due 550whp on pump (Cali does not offer it but hey just like Terry pop in a bottle of octane boost) is great results. The fact is that if it was that easy why have you not done it yet. If any fabrication shop and you could have designed the manifold why don't you have one. Stop the crap bud if handed the manifold you will copy a tune.
    It's just a matter of priorities. We support a lot more customers than Vishnu, for more car models, and release a lot more products. It's just not practical to have focused resources on a single turbo months ago through today. But we do have quite a few RB turbo customers and now are allocating resources to maximize their performance potential. Including throwing a set on one of our development cars. When that project is done we'll evaluate how readily available single turbo manifolds are. If all of the 5 or so fabrication shops that tells me they are working on it flake out of the project, then at that point we may just have to team up with a local fabrication shop to get it done as Vishnu did with FFTEC.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I think auto single turbos will be gimped due to the fact they upshift at 6800 RPM.
    What is it about that 6800rpm redline? Is that the redline when you let the car shift by itself? I always run my auto trans in manual mode and i can clearly see the tach go over 7000rpm when i run it in 4th gear.
    I dunno about other gears cause i'm too busy watching other things then. I should check my logs but i'm pretty sure i can wind it out to 7200rpm on my auto trans.
    I always run in manual mode , been years since i used the sport auto.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am pretty sure that, regardless of what mode you are in, the transmission automatically begins the upshifts at 6,800 RPM. You could be seeing tach error, overswing or whatever, but the trans will not let you utilize power over 6,800.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Poor Sikh, he's really not a bad guy...

I hope to see more reviews and videos and track results as more of these kits hit the road.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think auto single turbos will be gimped due to the fact they upshift at 6800 RPM.
    I think the power is only peaking that high because that's how Shiv is tuning it for whatever reason. A "proper" turbo power curve on this engine should peak lower in the RPM range than 7200. I would have to assume that there is not enough fuel lower in the revrange to support higher boost down there since the HPFP is mechanically driven. Otherwise, why handicap the powerband in the mid-range? Maybe there is another reason (drivetrain conservation, traction issues, etc.)? There should be a lot more power possible in the mid-range, so I hope whatever limitations exist can be straightened out so the autos don't get whored.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe he can actually control the boost as one would think, and needs to have that "curve"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I think the power is only peaking that high because that's how Shiv is tuning it for whatever reason. A "proper" turbo power curve on this engine should peak lower in the RPM range than 7200. I would have to assume that there is not enough fuel lower in the revrange to support higher boost down there since the HPFP is mechanically driven. Otherwise, why handicap the powerband in the mid-range? Maybe there is another reason (drivetrain conservation, traction issues, etc.)? There should be a lot more power possible in the mid-range, so I hope whatever limitations exist can be straightened out so the autos don't get whored.
    We are purposely limiting max torque to 500-525lbft to avoid undue stress to the drivetrain and bottom end. This means a reasonably flat (slightly upwards tilting) boost curve. There is certainly enough fuel and boost control DC overhead to support much more boost in the midrange but at this stage in the game, there's not reason to make 600+lbfts of torque. It would certainly make the car faster in any race as it would increase the average WHP in the critical 5000-7000rpm range. We will be doing this on the built engine once/if our current engine expires.

But on the road with street tires, a car with a nice flat 500-525lbft torque curve is very fun to drive. Really easy to manage traction when your right foot has a direct link to torque at the tires, regardless of RPM. And 650whp/525tq daily driver really is fast enough for just about anyone.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice number, later on I will post my numbers with jb4 modded 438rwhp and 500rwtq. E90post: showthread.php?t=705341

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone else notice the boost curve directly correlates with the stock ROM AFR curve?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone else notice the boost curve directly correlates with the stock ROM AFR curve?
    ?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well duh, so obvious. Since you mentioned it, I'll let you go ahead and explain it though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    ?
    He doesn't need to bias up top since the stock tune hits 12 AFR already up top.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With a piggyback everything is a function of the OEM mapping, just to various degrees.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv, get to that built motor and tranny... I want to see what the big all out drag turbo can do. For that 1000whp application or whatever, I will forgive a rear live axle with a powerglide simply to see what the block is capable of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Shiv, get to that built motor and tranny... I want to see what the big all out drag turbo can do. For that 1000whp application or whatever, I will forgive a rear live axle with a powerglide simply to see what the block is capable of.
    For that, you don't need a powerglide, you just need a dyno and a good clutch
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    For that, you don't need a powerglide, you just need a dyno and a good clutch
    Lol, u mean like a triple disk "i would prefer to walk than drive this car" clutch?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice power, not need to question the curve as the car already has traction issues. However outside of a lengthy review post full of pictures FBI doesn't actually do anything useful to show performance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too bad this beast is never going to see a track. If the cars lucky it might make it to the end of the driveway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is not driven much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think he said he has like 5k miles on it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i think he said he has like 5k miles on it?
    Seriously? It's a 335, not a 959. I had 5k on my 335 within the first month.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sdstatestud88 Click here to enlarge
    Copy pasted from the other guys

My car just went to a dynojet to verify the numbers we made on the Mustang Dyno at Vishnu\FFTEC and the numbers were HUGE! We broke the world record for power using PUMP gas plus meth (no race gas)!

We made 654 rwhp and 524 rwtq at 23.5 psi on 94 octance plus meth!!! The car made 500 rwtq from 4000 - 7000 rpms!!! On pump gas we made 551 rwhp!!!

Videos and graphs to come!!! It looks like Vishnu\FFTEC is also very close to releasing the manual kits. http://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
    Now that's pretty awesome!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast