Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We know there are places where 94 93 etc is available...but a lot of people only fill up with 91 bc it is convenient and available at every stations. The shop being based out of cali and the majority of people running 91 you think he would have done a graph datalog dyno etc with 91

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am not going to deny it though... this graph is beastly and I think this is more in line with what everyone expected to see initially. 550 WHP on pump is no joke and the graph here shows a monster powerband. It's essentially a stock power car until about 3500 RPM where things start to feel really really odd Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow seriously... My car has never seen 91 octane... 94 octane is definitely pump gas and not racegas!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Here are the official charts from you know who!

In this order:
    Whoops, I think inserting these inline so they resize knocked them out of order.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    One word, solid...i really dont care what anyone says about octane here given the numbers

Now on track performance is another story though, at least for the time being
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Have I missed out on a fueling development?
    Upgraded LPFP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In the end I think everyone is being overly worried about the use of 94 octane. They are shipping this car back to FBIS. If it was only safe to run on 94 octane, then Shiv would have to detune it before he sends it to FBIS. I think then FBIS would be disappointed if he found out about that. Especially if he dynos the car again and it makes much less.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jeez, I don't think there's a smoking gun here. FBIS is a smart guy, I don't think he would let Shiv blow smoke up his pipe over 93 vs 94. As stated, he will run 93 in his car because it's available at the pump, so Shiv tuned with a comparable fuel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Square&Level Click here to enlarge
    Jeez, I don't think there's a smoking gun here. FBIS is a smart guy, I don't think he would let Shiv blow smoke up his pipe over 93 vs 94. As stated, he will run 93 in his car because it's available at the pump, so Shiv tuned with a comparable fuel.
    We're just joking around with the pump vs. race gas comments. The turbo seems oversized for the power levels so it seems reasonable to take them at their word that its not overly octane sensitive as tuned. Especially on a dynojet using lots of methanol. But to be candid I'm surprised it has enough fuel and octane to support 550rw without meth. Then again it's not really fueling the 550rw @ 5500rpm type curve we imagine. It's quite a different peaky curve. Very happy to see the short block seems to be holding up well. Looking forward to manifolds becoming more readily available so the rest of us can get in on the fun. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Sikh335 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    And the I hate anything Vishnu fanboys begin the Neg rep scene. I have an idea neg reps should be viewable so we can see who does them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Big woop, you vishnu kock blowers will be the only ones with single turbos for 6 months to a year until someone else comes out with a similar/better kit. You guys can all meet up and have a nice big circle jerk and talk about how shiv is so awesome and how great his jizz tastes. Enjoy it while it lasts Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, this reminds me of when the s54 got the hpf turbo kit. everyone was hating and alot still do.
    the irony is these two companies share something else in common.... care to guess?
    it begins with "O"

anyways... just cause canadian gas stations advertise a higher octane then what's across the border does not mean your getting what is advertised. i've driven several cars from the continental US to alaska and the fuel thru BC and esp yukon is horrid.
    CA gets alot of alaskas $#@!ty crude which could be the cause of some of the poor fuel lol

also... the department of "weights and measures" does just that weigh and measure the fuel at the pump not inspect the octane....that is done at the refinery.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    And the I hate anything Vishnu fanboys begin the Neg rep scene. I have an idea neg reps should be viewable so we can see who does them.
    Your love of scrotum never ceases to amaze me.
    The 10.8@131 shows beyond a doubt it IS a dyno queen.
    FBIS will never take it to a track as equally underperforming numbers will be seen.

Oh, an I neg repped you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what was the 60ft on the 10.8?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    what was the 60ft on the 10.8?
    it was solid. low, like 1.4/1.5/1.6 iirc.

the numbers are great, i am happy for FBIS. i hope we get as unbiased of a review as we can get from him.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The figures are just as expected and what they should be.

N54 fueling system is amazing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I myself prefer quicker car in daily driving situations i.e. less peak power. FBIS will spin his tires when the boost (finally) hits in city driving. This turbo is good for high speed driving, but chances for high speed driving are rather limited nowadays.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I myself prefer quicker car in daily driving situations i.e. less peak power. FBIS will spin his tires when the boost (finally) hits in city driving. This turbo is good for high speed driving, but chances for high speed driving are rather limited nowadays.
    +1000.

The whole idea with the N54 is its superior driveability combined with a very brutal power when needed.

Stock or upgraded duals is the only way to go in my opinion.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So Terry was just joking about octane. Right Terry I don't get how people think you are a decent guy it makes no sense, give respect were it is due 550whp on pump (Cali does not offer it but hey just like Terry pop in a bottle of octane boost) is great results. The fact is that if it was that easy why have you not done it yet. If any fabrication shop and you could have designed the manifold why don't you have one. Stop the crap bud if handed the manifold you will copy a tune. If you can ccome up with a big single upgrade for the N55 before Vishnu/FFTec I will respect you. But at this point you are acting like a child and if you can't see it your blind with hate for Vishnu.

Lost Marine you keep asking for Track numbers was the 10.8 qtr mile not a hint that this set up is not a Dyno queen.

You all sound like kids. Read back at all the negative comments that you have all written and ttime and time again you are all proven wrong even a dog knows when to stop barking.

Good day for the N54 550whp pump I'm happy cause I'm driving one Click here to enlarge
    Noone needs your respect, the only thing your driving is Shiv's ween tip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    The 10.8@131 shows beyond a doubt it IS a dyno queen.
    Agreed, looks like it could be 4-5mph faster than a good running RB car but similar ET. Maybe the Single Turbo is only good for the standing mile or roll-on races?

OldBooster
    135i @ 3350lbs?
    Drag Radials
    RB Turbos @ 480whp?
    7.5psi add map 3 JB4
    11.1 @ 123.x 1.79 60'
    11.2 @ 127.x
    DA: 1790ft

Shiv WR Run:
    335i @ 3450lbs?
    Race Slicks
    Single Turbo @ 644whp
    10.83 @ 131.99 1.57 60'
    DA: 1000ft

OldBooster with good 60' time?
    10.8x @ 127? w/ 1.5 60' (he has hit 1.5x 60' before he had RBs)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Hey Sikh, suck Shiv's sweaty balls much? I negged u for that stupid childish post too, what now?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Hey Sikh, suck Shiv's sweaty balls much? I negged u for that stupid childish post too, what now?
    He mad
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wouldn't really call it "hate," more like correcting "inaccurate" statements. Funny how Shiv doesn't correct "inaccurate" statements when it favors his brand, but is quick to jump the gun when "inaccurate" statements don't favor his brand.

Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Also, why doesn't "mid-level" single turbo N54 car trap in the upper end of the 130's like a Stage 2 HPF E46 M3 (which has a similar HP rating), which BTW ---> IMHO <---- has more of a "dyno queen's" power curve.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast