Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Boosted "world record hp" on pump

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Former Boosted "world record hp" on pump

Copy pasted from the other guys

My car just went to a dynojet to verify the numbers we made on the Mustang Dyno at Vishnu\FFTEC and the numbers were HUGE! We broke the world record for power using PUMP gas plus meth (no race gas)!

We made 654 rwhp and 524 rwtq at 23.5 psi on 94 octance plus meth!!! The car made 500 rwtq from 4000 - 7000 rpms!!! On pump gas we made 551 rwhp!!!

Videos and graphs to come!!! It looks like Vishnu\FFTEC is also very close to releasing the manual kits. Click here to enlarge

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Can't wait to see the dynos and videos!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)

Need to see the graph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

550 whp on pump alone is sick. They said vids/graph are coming soon.

Evolve Supercharged ///M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

what does 94 octane mean and where can one buy this? I am not hating, I am just saying that its another typical Vishnu caveat. Also, what does a stock car make on this dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

94 octane is available at the.pumps in Cali? Oh no? Then quit $#@!ing saying pumpgas.

Since this car hasn't been chopped into an abortion like state for suspension, take it to the strip and see what it runs on RACEFUEL and 3 gph methanol.

Why do I have the feeling it wont happen..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)

94 octane is not pump in Cali. Where is 94 pump?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

^^Hahaha that was the first comment I made, how about some cali 91 octane...I understand anyone can blend gas but that usually requires multiple gas stations and so forth. Just do 91 for easiest figures.

$#@! no where here in San Diego sells 94...a couple race fuel stations and then 1 e85...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    93 and 94 octane is available from the gas station right off the Andrade exit (off of 680) in Sunol, CA. This is where we bet fuel for those cars that come from the mid-west and east coast who are lucky enough to get that from the pump. You can google it if you want to know more. I can't post links here.

It's also worth mentioning that these single turbo cars aren't very octane sensitive at all. 91oct vs 93/94 doesn't really make a difference unless you are going for a max power tune. Which we are not. Either on pump or pump+meth. Those who are used to tuning stock twin and upgraded twin turbo cars will be surprised when they start tuning single turbo cars. It's more of an issue of not making "too" much power than trying to squeeze more out. To give you an example, raising boost by 1psi (from 23-24psi) increased power from 635 to 655whp.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Impressive numbers. I don't get the complaining about using 94 octane though. Yes it's kind of stupid to use instead of 93, but the difference to 93 octane would be next to nothing for power output, unless the car is tuned to the ragged edge. I'm more interested in 93 octane numbers, or 93/E85 numbers instead of that garbage 91 octane that you guys have to deal with out in California. The midwest might not have much going for us all the time, but having 93 and/or E85 on every corner is definitely a nice thing. I daily drive my car on 93/E85, so to me that is pump. Definitely curious to see the graphs, but anything close to 550 whp on straight pump is awesome in my opinion.
    Current: 2009 135i 6MT - JB4, bolt ons, meth, E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)

Race gas being sold at a specialty gas station does not mean California has 93 octane pump. California is a 91 state despite a number of stations you can count on 1 hand carrying higher octane fuels. Saying 93 is pump is like saying C16 is pump simply because it physically came from a pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

550 whp on pump is impressive although I want to see what a stock car dynos on that dyno, what can the car run in the 1/4 with that setup and of course straight 93 octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Race gas being sold at a specialty gas station does not mean California has 93 octane pump. California is a 91 state despite a number of stations you can count on 1 hand carrying higher octane fuels. Saying 93 is pump is like saying C16 is pump simply because it physically came from a pump.
    It looked like he said the car came from the mid west or the east coast, 93 is available at pretty much every gas station. Why would you detune the car for 91 octane when it's going to be shipped to a 93 octane state? Comparing 93 and C16 makes absolutely no sense.
    Current: 2009 135i 6MT - JB4, bolt ons, meth, E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by b00st Click here to enlarge
    It looked like he said the car came from the mid west or the east coast, 93 is available at pretty much every gas station. Why would you detune the car for 91 octane when it's going to be shipped to a 93 octane state? Comparing 93 and C16 makes absolutely no sense.
    You wouldn't detune it but my point is just because gas comes from a pump does not make it pump fuel in that state. It's 91 in Cali.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    what does 94 octane mean and where can one buy this? I am not hating, I am just saying that its another typical Vishnu caveat. Also, what does a stock car make on this dyno?
    It's race gas, from a pump. I can get 100 octane "pump gas" here too. Click here to enlarge Title is misleading but still good numbers!

They should include the boost trace and AFR numbers on the dyno plot IMHO. Given the redline heavy power curve I still wonder just how much of an advantage the extra 150whp really gives over say RB turbos at the track. Hopefully FBIS will find out soon! Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 06-15-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

94 octane is "pump gas" only in Canada I would think. We used to have 94 octane in NYC at some Sunoco stations years ago but not anymore Click here to enlarge

But to be fair, @Terry@BMS, you use 93 octane for dyno pulls too, no? Although I'd enjoy seeing some "Cali Pump" 91 octane numbers myself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)

I normally run 91 octane with a can of NOS octane booster every tank in every car, unless I'm specifically testing something 91 octane related, or too lazy to swing by autozone and pickup the booster. I've found the 91 + octane boost matches the logs I get from most 93 octane customers. Actually 94 octane pump gas in Canada can be pretty poor, more like 92 octane, based on autotuning values I've seen with it. Really a crap shoot. Germany has the best pump gas bar none. If I had access to VP racing fuels 94 octane at a pump here I'd be happy to use it although I'm not sure I could call it "pump gas" with a straight face. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Here are the official charts from you know who!

In this order:

Datalogs:
    Pump gas (Map1)

Pump+Meth (Map4)

Map4 vs. Another 6MT w/DCI and Exhaust (same dynojet)

94oct and 94+Meth (Map1 and Map4 Dynojet)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by farbmw; 06-15-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's race gas, from a pump. I can get 100 octane "pump gas" here too. Click here to enlarge Title is misleading but still good numbers!

They should include the boost trace and AFR numbers on the dyno plot IMHO. Given the redline heavy power curve I still wonder just how much of an advantage the extra 150whp really gives over say RB turbos at the track. Hopefully FBIS will find out soon! Click here to enlarge
    I think auto single turbos will be gimped due to the fact they upshift at 6800 RPM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

​Really not that much of a loss in low end torque. That's not bad at all for a 650 rwhp car. I wanna see this thing drive around with the camera showing the dash. Looks fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

94 Octane is widely available here in Canada @ Perto Canada aka. Sunoco. I agree the title is a bit misleading if 94 isn't readily available in that neck of the woods. The title should read: "654 rwhp and 524 rwtq at 23.5 psi from the gas station right off the Andrade exit (off of 680) in Sunol, CA." Great number tho. Just saying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    93 and 94 octane is available from the gas station right off the Andrade exit (off of 680) in Sunol, CA. This is where we bet fuel for those cars that come from the mid-west and east coast who are lucky enough to get that from the pump. You can google it if you want to know more. I can't post links here.

It's also worth mentioning that these single turbo cars aren't very octane sensitive at all. 91oct vs 93/94 doesn't really make a difference unless you are going for a max power tune. Which we are not. Either on pump or pump+meth. Those who are used to tuning stock twin and upgraded twin turbo cars will be surprised when they start tuning single turbo cars. It's more of an issue of not making "too" much power than trying to squeeze more out. To give you an example, raising boost by 1psi (from 23-24psi) increased power from 635 to 655whp.

Shiv
    So, "94" octane is not required, but you go out of your way to get it.. sounds EXACTLY like what you said in subi/evo forums until you were caught with a false fuel bladder...

But, if its not required, why didnt you show what 91 octane can do?

Any chance on bringing it to the strip put some real numbers down? Or is everyone just a paper racer concerned with Dynos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

What's interesting is that there is fueling for 550whp without meth. Have I missed out on a fueling development?
    E90 335iA Chiplogic Flash, AR Design DP, Helix Cooler, Stett Chargepipe, Coolingmist Meth, BMS Dual Cones, Forge DP's, M3 Diff, RB Turbos and AE Exhaust
    2009 C63 Weistec Stage 3 built everything
    2014 Golf 7 R

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yup.....I run 94 pump octane from Petro Canada 24/7.

So would Dzenno and us other Canucks like Mike@N54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    What's interesting is that there is fueling for 550whp without meth. Have I missed out on a fueling development?
    I think we all have...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast