Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mat Morkin Click here to enlarge
    The plenum is a bit larger, but the stock plenum size is fine, it's the shape and TB location. Normally a larger plenum wiil add peak hp. My philosophy is efficiency. If you look at the advanced tech post than you will see that the stock manifold had a cylinder 3-5 bias due to the placement of the TB. Theoretically when I moved the inlet location forward and angle it toward cyl 6 you should see an improvement in the disbursement of air to each cylinder. That should make power. The runner design on the stock manifold has a loft to where it basically bottlenecks at the point it meets that plenum. I took that out, and tapered it about 2 degrees, and added to the length about .5 inches, that should make power. I was able to angle the runners so that cyl 1 runner will almost go up and over the oil filter housing, leaving a minimal dimple. That should make power. Ladt, the new TB location will cut almost 8 inches (rough estimate) out of the intake tract, that will help in response...I think. This is all theoretical, when get the prototype it will be tested and retested. We will see.
    Great stuff Mat!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool, thanks Mat. It would be awesome if your intake manifold, plus rb's, plus upgraded inlet pipes could see 550+hp. Keep up the good work!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Cool, thanks Mat. It would be awesome if your intake manifold, plus rb's, plus upgraded inlet pipes could see 550+hp. Keep up the good work!
    Ha, we will see. Where are they at now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mat Morkin Click here to enlarge
    Ha, we will see. Where are they at now?
    without todays latest fuel control, we were at 510+rwhp a year ago. Im sure once someone steps up with the fuel more can be had. If this manifold pans out, 550 is easily attainable

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The stock manifold has so poor distribution that I believe in the +50whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So anymore updates on this???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya, I'm so busy I don't update much. I sent a new model to DB last night, I am sure he will have something soon, check advanced tech, that is where most updates are posted. Thanks man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is the phenolic spacer, sending it to the CNC shop this week to get cut. I have already confirmed the bolt holes fit, but I need to confirm that my port holes are accurate, so this will do the trick. Later.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    necro-bump Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ulations/page5

Click here to enlarge

anyone else with the skills to get it designed/made?

if i had the skills, i'd give it a shot, pretty evident the stock manifold is lacking enough to make this a very worthwhile value for power upgrade were someone to make one... along with the ability to put in port injection in the process, it'd be such a popular item with the move to big power builds!
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The previous discussions they had hopes of opening of a decent amount of power and equalizing the cylinder distribution better. Even if it was pricey I'd say HP/$$ wouldn't be much different than a set of Stage 2's if their calcs were correct. Add Port/Meth/Nitrous options in there and I would think there would be a small market for it.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    The previous discussions they had hopes of opening of a decent amount of power and equalizing the cylinder distribution better. Even if it was pricey I'd say HP/$$ wouldn't be much different than a set of Stage 2's if their calcs were correct. Add Port/Meth/Nitrous options in there and I would think there would be a small market for it.
    with the port addition by itself, there'd be a reasonable market for the upgraded twin/single users probably having it as their go-to upgrade after/with the turbos?

add to that the whatever power gains, safety with having distribution equalised better.. and slight efficiency gain for the turbos, and .. well the bling, if it's made to look pretty... and it's all good Click here to enlarge.. some people would probably buy it for bling alone, on the other end of the spectrum.
    boop

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345