Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)

DCI filter and JB4 board changes

Hey guys,

Two random updates.

A month or so ago we made a few BMS DCI filter changes. We've sold thousands of these intakes since their release and finally got around to putting our logo on the filters. While adding the logo we took the opportunity to increase the size a bit for an increased service interval (more surface area), and added a "stop" to the base to prevent the coupler from being pushed in too far. The new filters are still made by S&B, offer the same performance, use the same proven couplers, etc. Attached are some comparison photos of the new filters.

Also starting Monday all new JB4s will be shipped as 15ohms. This offers effectively no change on the performance end for most. The JB4 detects the board type and tunes accordingly. But for those of you running meth or race maps, this change will allow another 1-2psi at higher rpm if targeted. And prevent you from having to do solder work down the line. Keep in mind the motto "more boost, more problems" always applies when setting your meth additive. A 40 setting (~17psi) is still suggested on pump gas. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Hi Terry,

I want to buy the new filters, but I already have all the hardware from my old BMS DCI set. I've had mine for over 40k miles and they look so trashed now. I have a filter cleaning kit, but even after cleaning them they don't look pretty anymore, since they have come on and off countless times. Can I buy the filters only from you? Or do you only sell them with everything included?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)

Just, we can subtract $20 from a DCI price if you want filters only. Just order on our site and email us after.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Sounds great T. Looks like its time for me to get some new filters.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: For Sale

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

All the good stuff comes out after mine is gone

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Should have been 15 ohm for everyone to begin with. That silly boost nanny is such an annoyance. And that is what the boost limit setting is for anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the good stuff comes out after mine is gone
    Who forced you into selling LM? Should have kept that animal. I guess you wanted to go with a more conservative option M3.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Who forced you into selling LM? Should have kept that animal. I guess you wanted to go with a more conservative option M3.Click here to enlarge
    When he gets a blower installed, it will rape just about any N54 on the road

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I don't doubt that for a second.
    BTW when is that blower being installed LM or are you just enjoying the car as is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

BTW when is that blower being installed LM or are you just enjoying the car as is?
    yeah he needs to hurry up with that part Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Are all new Jb4's being sold with the G5 board that i keep hearing about? Might be making the jump from Cobb soon..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Are all new Jb4's being sold with the G5 board that i keep hearing about? Might be making the jump from Cobb soon..
    Nope. Those are mainly for large turbo cars.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15904
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Saw the new filters at the last Shift Sector event this last weekend...They are nice and slightly fatter...So it makes for a cleaner looking engine bay since the two filters aren't hitting each other anymore..

Plus the BMS logo is cool too instead of the standard S&B filters Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Nice, looking to purchase a JB4 & DCI during the summer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1794 Post(s)

Oh is that so? How about that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)

He'll need a BIG one!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Just, we can subtract $20 from a DCI price if you want filters only. Just order on our site and email us after.
    Thanks! I will do that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

nothing forced me to, i got a deal on the car I originally wanted. even N/A its very fun, more fun than my 335 stock turbo.. in certain aspects. the limited mods i can do for little gain and extreme price gouging are dissapointing though. in that regard, 335 was better, always more you can doto it.

same for S65's Click here to enlarge

I don't doubt that for a second.
    "Its the Final Countdown.."

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    yeah he needs to hurry up with that part Click here to enlarge
    i know right..

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    He'll need a BIG one!
    even the "small" ones have done better than every stock turbo, and on par with every upgraded TT N54, and smoked other "bigger" blowers on the same day/conditions