Close

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,190
    Rep Points
    6,728.3
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Forza Motorsport goes Need for speed : Forza Horizon

    Releasedate October 23rd.

    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,119
    Rep Points
    31,302.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Don't like them breaking from the formula that is awesome and works. Let Need for Speed be Need for Speed and Forza be Forza.

    I hope the finished product is great but this seems to be dumbing things down to make it more arcade.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This game is going to be beyond stupid. Forza 4 sucks terribly, it was not an improvement over forza 3. This game comes out a few months later after an already failed game release, dont expect it to be anything that much different than forza 3 with less physics and more arcade style play.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,119
    Rep Points
    31,302.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    This game is going to be beyond stupid. Forza 4 sucks terribly, it was not an improvement over forza 3. This game comes out a few months later after an already failed game release, dont expect it to be anything that much different than forza 3 with less physics and more arcade style play.
    What was so bad about Forza 4?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What was so bad about Forza 4?
    Do you really want to know? I can make a list about 4 pages long.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    233
    Rep Points
    367.2
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Do you really want to know? I can make a list about 4 pages long.
    doesnt have to be 4 pages long but id be curious to hear. I think you might be the first person ive ever heard that said it was a 'bad' game
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    594
    Rep Points
    47.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks too cartoony, I bet the driving physics aren't going to be nearly as accurate as FM4. The graphics look too much like NFS ProStreet and the idea of the whole game based around a concert in Colorado is whack.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    233
    Rep Points
    367.2
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Theyve pretty much made a full game out of the "Don't ram in the back of every 40hp fiat/alfa/etc on the course, yet still beat someone's lap time" mode from Forza 4. Which, by the way, was ridiculously frustrating.
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xearom3 Click here to enlarge
    doesnt have to be 4 pages long but id be curious to hear. I think you might be the first person ive ever heard that said it was a 'bad' game
    If you have never played forza 3 and just bought forza 4 you would probably think its a great sim game, and it is. But for those of you who bought forza 3 and then bought forza 4 will really understand why forza 4 offers really nothing different from 3.

    Engine physics are still hack, upgrades are unrealistic, this was a huge problem in Forza 3 and they did not address it in forza 4. If you add a huge turbo to a 2 liter honda it still shows a dyno where the turbo makes full power at 2000 RPM, no thanks.

    Tire wear algorithm HAS NOT been updated from forza 3 to 4, same tire wear in all conditions, pure bull$#@!.

    Fuel consumption has not been upgraded with engine load, it just kinda uses fuel at the same rate all the time, pure bull$#@!.

    No porsches, pure bull$#@!.

    Tuning a car and all upgrades are exactly the same style as in forza 3, instead of tuning the car using real units it just shows you a stupid bar from 0 to 10, get the $#@! out of here with that $#@!. The only real bar it shows you is camber angle, tire pressure and downforce, everything else is dumb algorithm. I can understand not making it overcomplicated, because your average kid is too stupid to understand what pound-force per inch means for a spring rate, so they probably did it for that one downs kid. Anyway I digress but I must continue.

    Drag racing is stupid, times are completely off from reality and there is no ability to do a proper burnout to heat up your tires. After a drag race it doesnt even show you proper trap speed and ET, you have to go into the race results sub menu and wont store that data.

    Money is so easy to get in the game too, you win a few races and already have a million. Forza 3 money was much harder to come by then forza 4 which made that game better.

    Forza 4 has a race series where you knock pins down, what the $#@! is this? Are you serious, I have never seen this done in real life, maybe in japan where people have sex with squids and $#@!.

    Forza 4 claims to have added better tire physics with deflection and proper temperature vs time correlations, thats dandy, but if I build a 2 liter civic that makes 500 hp from 14 psi boost and spools at 2000 RPM then you can take your tire physics and shove it up your goodyears ass; because it isnt worth $#@! if you cant even model a powerplant correctly.

    umad?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    151.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    honestly i enjoy gt5 alot more than f4 and trust me i can also right 4 pages regarding that matter

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    594
    Rep Points
    47.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bilal Click here to enlarge
    honestly i enjoy gt5 alot more than f4 and trust me i can also right 4 pages regarding that matter
    I wouldn't want to read your 4 pages considering you have the grammar of a preadolescent hood rat.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    151.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ill try my best with the grammar english is not my language

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    594
    Rep Points
    47.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    My apologies.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bilal Click here to enlarge
    honestly i enjoy gt5 alot more than f4 and trust me i can also right 4 pages regarding that matter

    Forza 4 relative to Forza 3 is what pisses me off, but GT5 is no where near the level of Forza 4. Granted forza 4 it has many facets that make it no different than Forza 3 it is still better than an arcade game like gran turismo series.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i agree there are many things off with forza 4, but it is the best car game out there at the moment... i wish it were more realistic while modding... wish the engine sounds were more distinguishable. yes some cars are good for instance the sti... i also wish you were able to tune cars yourself and be able to pop motors/ headgaskets and such... and this new forza coming out will just be a branch off from forza, they will come out with one a year or so after the next one thats strictly track racing... just like the iphone 3g/ 3gs... iphone 4/ and whatever comes next...
    JB4LIFE

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks like someone needs to play iRacing or rFactor 2. Or Live for Speed. Or the GTR/GTL series. Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Porsches are in FM4 now. Haven't looked into it, but does GT5 address your concerns with FM4? I agree FM3 was a bigger leap than the previous, but I think the platform limited what they could have done with FM4.

    We'll see what happens with FM5.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,119
    Rep Points
    31,302.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Do you really want to know? I can make a list about 4 pages long.
    I really do...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,266
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Porsches are in FM4 now. Haven't looked into it, but does GT5 address your concerns with FM4? I agree FM3 was a bigger leap than the previous, but I think the platform limited what they could have done with FM4.

    We'll see what happens with FM5.
    What is it, another $20 to add Porsches to the game? they must make so much damn money of the DLC
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,119
    Rep Points
    31,302.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    What is it, another $20 to add Porsches to the game? they must make so much damn money of the DLC
    Yep: http://www.porscheboost.com/content....ve-little-girl
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    the porsche gt2 is by far the best car in the s class... just sayin
    JB4LIFE

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    233
    Rep Points
    367.2
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    If you have never played forza 3 and just bought forza 4 you would probably think its a great sim game, and it is. But for those of you who bought forza 3 and then bought forza 4 will really understand why forza 4 offers really nothing different from 3.

    Engine physics are still hack, upgrades are unrealistic, this was a huge problem in Forza 3 and they did not address it in forza 4. If you add a huge turbo to a 2 liter honda it still shows a dyno where the turbo makes full power at 2000 RPM, no thanks.

    Tire wear algorithm HAS NOT been updated from forza 3 to 4, same tire wear in all conditions, pure bull$#@!.

    Fuel consumption has not been upgraded with engine load, it just kinda uses fuel at the same rate all the time, pure bull$#@!.

    No porsches, pure bull$#@!.

    Tuning a car and all upgrades are exactly the same style as in forza 3, instead of tuning the car using real units it just shows you a stupid bar from 0 to 10, get the $#@! out of here with that $#@!. The only real bar it shows you is camber angle, tire pressure and downforce, everything else is dumb algorithm. I can understand not making it overcomplicated, because your average kid is too stupid to understand what pound-force per inch means for a spring rate, so they probably did it for that one downs kid. Anyway I digress but I must continue.

    Drag racing is stupid, times are completely off from reality and there is no ability to do a proper burnout to heat up your tires. After a drag race it doesnt even show you proper trap speed and ET, you have to go into the race results sub menu and wont store that data.

    Money is so easy to get in the game too, you win a few races and already have a million. Forza 3 money was much harder to come by then forza 4 which made that game better.

    Forza 4 has a race series where you knock pins down, what the $#@! is this? Are you serious, I have never seen this done in real life, maybe in japan where people have sex with squids and $#@!.

    Forza 4 claims to have added better tire physics with deflection and proper temperature vs time correlations, thats dandy, but if I build a 2 liter civic that makes 500 hp from 14 psi boost and spools at 2000 RPM then you can take your tire physics and shove it up your goodyears ass; because it isnt worth $#@! if you cant even model a powerplant correctly.

    umad?
    All good points. I have actually played Forza 3 and it is extremely similar to Forza 4 (same game engine too?). There were a couple of tweeks but overall it was pretty much the same game. I still liked them as games, because to me they were still pretty entertaining and IMO the best racing games available to Xbox 360. (not to mention one of the only with the E36 M3 and 135i in them)

    I didnt think the physics were off too much, but the upgrades are definitely unrealistic; as a example most cars are able to be swapped to AWD Click here to enlarge. The turbo spool time isnt shown on dyno's or in the telemetry mode, IE full boost in about a half second from any RPM.

    Tire wear and fuel consumption are waaaaaaay off lol. They dont even really have any effect on the game besides endurance races.

    +1 on the Porsches

    In drag racing while in an actual race will pre-heat the tires if you're using drag radials, but there is no tree, nor all the measurements that go along with drag racing.

    Being that i played the same game twice, I'm glad i don't have to wait so long to build up money Click here to enlarge

    Blame Jeremy Clarkson and the lot on that one haha

    LOL

    No, quite entertained actually. Click here to enlarge
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,119
    Rep Points
    31,302.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xearom3 Click here to enlarge
    In drag racing while in an actual race will pre-heat the tires if you're using drag radials, but there is no tree, nor all the measurements that go along with drag racing.
    This part really pissed me off.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •