Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Forza Motorsport goes Need for speed : Forza Horizon

Releasedate October 23rd.

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Don't like them breaking from the formula that is awesome and works. Let Need for Speed be Need for Speed and Forza be Forza.

I hope the finished product is great but this seems to be dumbing things down to make it more arcade.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

This game is going to be beyond stupid. Forza 4 sucks terribly, it was not an improvement over forza 3. This game comes out a few months later after an already failed game release, dont expect it to be anything that much different than forza 3 with less physics and more arcade style play.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    This game is going to be beyond stupid. Forza 4 sucks terribly, it was not an improvement over forza 3. This game comes out a few months later after an already failed game release, dont expect it to be anything that much different than forza 3 with less physics and more arcade style play.
    What was so bad about Forza 4?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What was so bad about Forza 4?
    Do you really want to know? I can make a list about 4 pages long.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

doesnt have to be 4 pages long but id be curious to hear. I think you might be the first person ive ever heard that said it was a 'bad' game
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Looks too cartoony, I bet the driving physics aren't going to be nearly as accurate as FM4. The graphics look too much like NFS ProStreet and the idea of the whole game based around a concert in Colorado is whack.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Theyve pretty much made a full game out of the "Don't ram in the back of every 40hp fiat/alfa/etc on the course, yet still beat someone's lap time" mode from Forza 4. Which, by the way, was ridiculously frustrating.
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xearom3 Click here to enlarge
    doesnt have to be 4 pages long but id be curious to hear. I think you might be the first person ive ever heard that said it was a 'bad' game
    If you have never played forza 3 and just bought forza 4 you would probably think its a great sim game, and it is. But for those of you who bought forza 3 and then bought forza 4 will really understand why forza 4 offers really nothing different from 3.

Engine physics are still hack, upgrades are unrealistic, this was a huge problem in Forza 3 and they did not address it in forza 4. If you add a huge turbo to a 2 liter honda it still shows a dyno where the turbo makes full power at 2000 RPM, no thanks.

Tire wear algorithm HAS NOT been updated from forza 3 to 4, same tire wear in all conditions, pure bull$#@!.

Fuel consumption has not been upgraded with engine load, it just kinda uses fuel at the same rate all the time, pure bull$#@!.

No porsches, pure bull$#@!.

Tuning a car and all upgrades are exactly the same style as in forza 3, instead of tuning the car using real units it just shows you a stupid bar from 0 to 10, get the $#@! out of here with that $#@!. The only real bar it shows you is camber angle, tire pressure and downforce, everything else is dumb algorithm. I can understand not making it overcomplicated, because your average kid is too stupid to understand what pound-force per inch means for a spring rate, so they probably did it for that one downs kid. Anyway I digress but I must continue.

Drag racing is stupid, times are completely off from reality and there is no ability to do a proper burnout to heat up your tires. After a drag race it doesnt even show you proper trap speed and ET, you have to go into the race results sub menu and wont store that data.

Money is so easy to get in the game too, you win a few races and already have a million. Forza 3 money was much harder to come by then forza 4 which made that game better.

Forza 4 has a race series where you knock pins down, what the $#@! is this? Are you serious, I have never seen this done in real life, maybe in japan where people have sex with squids and $#@!.

Forza 4 claims to have added better tire physics with deflection and proper temperature vs time correlations, thats dandy, but if I build a 2 liter civic that makes 500 hp from 14 psi boost and spools at 2000 RPM then you can take your tire physics and shove it up your goodyears ass; because it isnt worth $#@! if you cant even model a powerplant correctly.

umad?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

honestly i enjoy gt5 alot more than f4 and trust me i can also right 4 pages regarding that matter

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bilal Click here to enlarge
    honestly i enjoy gt5 alot more than f4 and trust me i can also right 4 pages regarding that matter
    I wouldn't want to read your 4 pages considering you have the grammar of a preadolescent hood rat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ill try my best with the grammar english is not my language

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

My apologies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bilal Click here to enlarge

Forza 4 relative to Forza 3 is what pisses me off, but GT5 is no where near the level of Forza 4. Granted forza 4 it has many facets that make it no different than Forza 3 it is still better than an arcade game like gran turismo series.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i agree there are many things off with forza 4, but it is the best car game out there at the moment... i wish it were more realistic while modding... wish the engine sounds were more distinguishable. yes some cars are good for instance the sti... i also wish you were able to tune cars yourself and be able to pop motors/ headgaskets and such... and this new forza coming out will just be a branch off from forza, they will come out with one a year or so after the next one thats strictly track racing... just like the iphone 3g/ 3gs... iphone 4/ and whatever comes next...
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Looks like someone needs to play iRacing or rFactor 2. Or Live for Speed. Or the GTR/GTL series. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Porsches are in FM4 now. Haven't looked into it, but does GT5 address your concerns with FM4? I agree FM3 was a bigger leap than the previous, but I think the platform limited what they could have done with FM4.

We'll see what happens with FM5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I really do...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Porsches are in FM4 now. Haven't looked into it, but does GT5 address your concerns with FM4? I agree FM3 was a bigger leap than the previous, but I think the platform limited what they could have done with FM4.

We'll see what happens with FM5.
    What is it, another $20 to add Porsches to the game? they must make so much damn money of the DLC
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    What is it, another $20 to add Porsches to the game? they must make so much damn money of the DLC
    Yep: http://www.porscheboost.com/content....ve-little-girl

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the porsche gt2 is by far the best car in the s class... just sayin
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If you have never played forza 3 and just bought forza 4 you would probably think its a great sim game, and it is. But for those of you who bought forza 3 and then bought forza 4 will really understand why forza 4 offers really nothing different from 3.

Engine physics are still hack, upgrades are unrealistic, this was a huge problem in Forza 3 and they did not address it in forza 4. If you add a huge turbo to a 2 liter honda it still shows a dyno where the turbo makes full power at 2000 RPM, no thanks.

Tire wear algorithm HAS NOT been updated from forza 3 to 4, same tire wear in all conditions, pure bull$#@!.

Fuel consumption has not been upgraded with engine load, it just kinda uses fuel at the same rate all the time, pure bull$#@!.

No porsches, pure bull$#@!.

Tuning a car and all upgrades are exactly the same style as in forza 3, instead of tuning the car using real units it just shows you a stupid bar from 0 to 10, get the $#@! out of here with that $#@!. The only real bar it shows you is camber angle, tire pressure and downforce, everything else is dumb algorithm. I can understand not making it overcomplicated, because your average kid is too stupid to understand what pound-force per inch means for a spring rate, so they probably did it for that one downs kid. Anyway I digress but I must continue.

Drag racing is stupid, times are completely off from reality and there is no ability to do a proper burnout to heat up your tires. After a drag race it doesnt even show you proper trap speed and ET, you have to go into the race results sub menu and wont store that data.

Money is so easy to get in the game too, you win a few races and already have a million. Forza 3 money was much harder to come by then forza 4 which made that game better.

Forza 4 has a race series where you knock pins down, what the $#@! is this? Are you serious, I have never seen this done in real life, maybe in japan where people have sex with squids and $#@!.

Forza 4 claims to have added better tire physics with deflection and proper temperature vs time correlations, thats dandy, but if I build a 2 liter civic that makes 500 hp from 14 psi boost and spools at 2000 RPM then you can take your tire physics and shove it up your goodyears ass; because it isnt worth $#@! if you cant even model a powerplant correctly.

umad?
    All good points. I have actually played Forza 3 and it is extremely similar to Forza 4 (same game engine too?). There were a couple of tweeks but overall it was pretty much the same game. I still liked them as games, because to me they were still pretty entertaining and IMO the best racing games available to Xbox 360. (not to mention one of the only with the E36 M3 and 135i in them)

I didnt think the physics were off too much, but the upgrades are definitely unrealistic; as a example most cars are able to be swapped to AWD Click here to enlarge. The turbo spool time isnt shown on dyno's or in the telemetry mode, IE full boost in about a half second from any RPM.

Tire wear and fuel consumption are waaaaaaay off lol. They dont even really have any effect on the game besides endurance races.

+1 on the Porsches

In drag racing while in an actual race will pre-heat the tires if you're using drag radials, but there is no tree, nor all the measurements that go along with drag racing.

Being that i played the same game twice, I'm glad i don't have to wait so long to build up money Click here to enlarge

Blame Jeremy Clarkson and the lot on that one haha

LOL

No, quite entertained actually. Click here to enlarge
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xearom3 Click here to enlarge
    In drag racing while in an actual race will pre-heat the tires if you're using drag radials, but there is no tree, nor all the measurements that go along with drag racing.
    This part really pissed me off.