Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

By by to the loved Procede V4 Autotune

I'll move to Procede Rev 2.5 by upgrading the current Rev 2 for a low cost. The reason is to be able to use the latest V5 E85 maps. We have witnessed how extremely well Big Tom's car performed at the last event here completely blowing the doors of competitors . It is claimed to pull a lot better now with the new E85 maps, which were not available at the event. So the quickest route for me to get a significant performance increase is to do the same, move to Procede V5 E85 maps.

I'm already using E85 with V4 Autotune and the car has never felt as agile before, but a bit more is always better Click here to enlarge

My car has a Rock Solid ACT Organic Street Clutch since last year. Without this or a similar clutch, it would be impossible to use the high touque I already have, and it would be worse on E85 maps.

E85 is now expected be available at every gas station in Sweden. It is required by a silly law since a couple of years. This is of course great for all turbo users but a lot of small gas stations had to shut down since the investment in E85 pumps was too high for them.

I'll report the outcome (with driving impressions and dyno/ RL-logs) when the upgrade is done. Free extra power always taste fine, if this will be the case. Click here to enlarge

And yes, it is bye not by....
    Last edited by R1000K3; 06-05-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I think you will be pleased with the e85 maps. They definitely provide a noticeable gain over regular 93 octane. I just gave them a go around at the strip the other day and was pleasantly surprised on how they performed. I am not going to release those results as these are still beta maps, but for racing in sunny 90+ degrees, high humidity, DA around +2500, I thought they did great. I was trapping around 9 mph faster than a 335 that was similarly modded with the same transmission (he was FBO no meth on race gas/pump gas mix, I am FBO+meth on 93/e85-50/50, both cars on DRs).

I'd highly recommend anyone to give e85 a try, regardless of which tune they run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Which clutch does Big Tom run?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Which clutch does Big Tom run?
    Same as me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much meth needs to be sprayed to get to use 50% e85 with FBO and not run lean? The age of the fuel pumps could be a factor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just started testing out a rev2.5 myself. It does make for some clean logs, much better than rev2 which only leads me to think that something was being hidden about capability before. But now I'm battling some large fuel swings and a $#@!ing vin lock. I hear the E85 maps are doing well though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    I think you will be pleased with the e85 maps. They definitely provide a noticeable gain over regular 93 octane. I just gave them a go around at the strip the other day and was pleasantly surprised on how they performed. I am not going to release those results as these are still beta maps, but for racing in sunny 90+ degrees, high humidity, DA around +2500, I thought they did great. I was trapping around 9 mph faster than a 335 that was similarly modded with the same transmission (he was FBO no meth on race gas/pump gas mix, I am FBO+meth on 93/e85-50/50, both cars on DRs).

I'd highly recommend anyone to give e85 a try, regardless of which tune they run.
    Where were you able to find E85 in Orlando? I'm there frequently but unfortunately could only find a "station" that was city-fleet cars only.

+1 on E85, it's like installing meth for the first time except you get the full benefits of octane all the time. I only wish I had a station locally.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    I'll move to Procede Rev 2.5 by upgrading the current Rev 2 for a low cost. The reason is to be able to use the latest V5 E85 maps. We have witnessed how extremely well Big Tom's car performed at the last event here completely blowing the doors of competitors . It is claimed to pull a lot better now with the new E85 maps, which were not available at the event. So the quickest route for me to get a significant performance increase is to do the same, move to Procede V5 E85 maps.

I'm already using E85 with V4 Autotune and the car has never felt as agile before, but a bit more is always better Click here to enlarge

My car has a Rock Solid ACT Organic Street Clutch since last year. Without this or a similar clutch, it would be impossible to use the high touque I already have, and it would be worse on E85 maps.

E85 is now expected be available at every gas station in Sweden. It is required by a silly law since a couple of years. This is of course great for all turbo users but a lot of small gas stations had to shut down since the investment in E85 pumps was too high for them.

I'll report the outcome (with driving impressions and dyno/ RL-logs) when the upgrade is done. Free extra power always taste fine, if this will be the case. Click here to enlarge

And yes, it is bye not by....
    Do you run meth aka blow up juice in your car?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    Where were you able to find E85 in Orlando? I'm there frequently but unfortunately could only find a "station" that was city-fleet cars only.

+1 on E85, it's like installing meth for the first time except you get the full benefits of octane all the time. I only wish I had a station locally.
    Turkey Lake Plaza, I used to live close by.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge

Michigan St right where it goes under I4. Citgo station. Real close to DT Orlando.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much meth needs to be sprayed to get to use 50% e85 with FBO and not run lean? The age of the fuel pumps could be a factor.
    According to Shiv, you do not need meth to run e85. I cannot confirm this as I have never tried, nor will I try because I don't like driving a slow(er) car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    According to Shiv, you do not need meth to run e85. I cannot confirm this as I have never tried, nor will I try because I don't like driving a slow(er) car.
    I must be the only one that sees something incredibly stupid in running 3 forms of fuel in a daily driven street car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I must be the only one that sees something incredibly stupid in running 3 forms of fuel in a daily driven street car.
    Anyone that runs meth and pump gas is running 3 fuels. 10% ethanol in regular pump. All we are doing is changing the ratio. Do you run meth? Maybe it's not so stupid after all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge

...because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone that runs meth and pump gas is running 3 fuels. 10% ethanol in regular pump. All we are doing is changing the ratio. Do you run meth? Maybe it's not so stupid after all.
    No I dont because its... inconvenient and not something I want to deal with in a DD car plus it could potentially be dangerous. This is my opinion and opinions are like $#@!s so take it how you want but on more serious platforms they first try to extract max power on gas that you can buy anywhere from a pump. Doesn't seem to be the norm here and I know very well why but people that try to make this car something that it isn't make me laugh.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Skyhart Click here to enlarge
    ...because racecar.
    yeah, i expected that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't get it. First everyone cries about fueling being the bottleneck and the requirement for using the meth as a bandaid. Next e85 is suggested, that needs to be injected 30% more than 93oct! On top of that you don't want even meth as the bandaid? What has changed? Everyone running some secret additional PI fuel system since you can afford to run e85 and "waste" the fuel system capacity by doing it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess people were just afraid of not having fueling enough but in reality, it has never been the limiting factor. Ok, e85 for me as well then. Let's try to get the fueling to be the limiting factor Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess people were just afraid of not having fueling enough but in reality, it has never been the limiting factor. Ok, e85 for me as well then. Let's try to get the fueling to be the limiting factor Click here to enlarge

I think what a lot of people mean when they say fueling limit is "straight pump gas" fueling limit. Most platforms can make way more power on pump with no meth or other fuels because they can simply upgrade the fuel pumps. To me, there is and will always be a fueling limit with what the stock hardware an handle on pump gas and at this point that appears to be 500 whp no matter how you look at it, everything else is a bandaid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pump gas is already a multi-compound hydrocarbon based mix and as you mention, also contains ethanol in that mix.

Both E85 and Methanol increase the effective octane of pump gas.....which we need in order to have fuel that supports a tuned engine.

I guess you wouldn't really need to run methanol for the octane boost. BUT it does a tremendous job of cooling the intake charge - so that is another power adder right there.

And yes, it does seem ridiculous when you stand back and think about it from a daily driver's perspective.

But it works......and very well at that!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    Pump gas is already a multi-compound hydrocarbon based mix and as you mention, also contains ethanol in that mix.

Both E85 and Methanol increase the effective octane of pump gas.....which we need in order to have fuel that supports a tuned engine.

I guess you wouldn't really need to run methanol for the octane boost. BUT it does a tremendous job of cooling the intake charge - so that is another power adder right there.

And yes, it does seem ridiculous when you stand back and think about it from a daily driver's perspective.

But it works......and very well at that!
    You need meth also for having fuel enough for upgraded turbos, especially if you spend part of the fuel system capacity in e85 that has lower energy content and need to be injected 30% more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Meth essentially is being treated as a PI system. Look at shivs 4 nozzle system. Thats definately not being used purely for cooling purposes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Meth essentially is being treated as a PI system. Look at shivs 4 nozzle system. Thats definately not being used purely for cooling purposes.
    The more airflow your support, the more methanol flow needed to keep the same "ideal" gasoline/meth ratio. At 650whp, our single turbo cars are spraying 1300cc/min with 4 nozzles. This is equivalent to a 400whp spraying 800cc/min (2 nozzles). Spraying less meth in either application will compromise cooling and knock suppression. Spraying more will typically result in compromised atomization/distribution between cylinders. We are, and always have used a single FAV. We experimented with the higher flowing version but have seen decided to keep using the standard "B" version that most people get as standard in their PWM/HSFx kit. Not sure were all this multiple FAV comments have come from.

in the case of the single turbo, the meth is injected far enough upstream (in FMIC end tanks) that it is in a gaseous form when it passes through the throttle body. So I don't think it would be considered analogous to port injection.

my 2c... Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So your saying your running 4 nozzles off 1 pump?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    we're still missing some info on this front... its getting about the time to spill the beans.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So for 530 WHP it could be 1100 cc/min.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm going by fueling theory. Can you run the same numbers off straight water injection? No, so the methanol is being treated as fuel. Albiet not injected directly into the ports, but into the air which is going to carry into the cylinder. Hence fueling not by DI, more similar to PI. Not flaming here, and not sure how you can argue that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast