Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Thumbs down Vishnu upgrade pricing (DAMN!)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400978

So i commented on this thread saying that it was costly to upgrade a proceed. Guess what happened next... yeah you guessed it. My post was deleted!

Hey shiv! good luck deleting here on BB!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is the cost to upgrade?

Why was it deleted? I mean that is a bit ridiculous that you can't even comment on the pricing.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is the cost to upgrade?

Why was it deleted? I mean that is a bit ridiculous that you can't even comment on the pricing.
    I have no clue why it was deleted... Shiv replied by suggesting I get a job? what a fool!
    upgrade pricing is something like $695

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    I have no clue why it was deleted... Shiv replied by suggesting I get a job? what a fool!
    upgrade pricing is something like $695
    That... is pretty freaking expensive as it is more than 2/3 of retail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That... is pretty freaking expensive as it is more than 2/3 of retail.
    BMS's upgrade pricing is NO WHERE near this expensive!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    BMS's upgrade pricing is NO WHERE near this expensive!
    What is the BMS upgrade pricing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is the BMS upgrade pricing?
    Something like $65? (correct me if im wrong T.) I dont remember the pricing on something that isnt expensive.
    You you bet your ass i would remember spending nearly $700 on an upgrade. Im sure proceed customers dont forget.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea, it is pretty damn cheap for upgrades. Even when the chips were out they were something like 10 bucks, or send in your old one for a new one! Doesnt get any better than that, im sure with this new stuff its going to be good aswell!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, I can try to understand why it may be so expensive, because of the difference in technology...but that isn't any good for previous customers because they're still shelling out more than what it costs for a new JB3 2.0

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Our upgrade pricing from the very first JB3 to the newest 2.0 is $65. A PROCede rev1 owner can also upgrade to a JB3 PnP for $349 reusing their existing PnP connectors.

But I think the real question to be asked is will he refund the $200 to everyone who bought a V4 within the past 2 months? From a customer perspective it seems unfair to wait a month or two to get something, and as soon as you have it then have the price plummet $200 shortly after. Also big repercussions on resale value for existing customers.

IMHO price it right from the start to avoid having to do these fire sales. It's more courteous to your customer base.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any one surprised it's this much? Doesn't that put it well over $2,000 if you started with the original Junkcede?
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess it depends where you started. Some did $1295(v1)+$150(v2)+$499?(v3)+this upgrade. So you could be around $2640. But of course new features were added, etc, to justify some of that cost. Still it's not how we would do things but his customers are willing to pay that.

Ironically his loyal customers, the ones that have been with him from the beginning who get most excited about these things are also the ones hurt the most by it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good thing I started out with the right company! Click here to enlarge
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im glad you dont own a lambo T!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im really annyoed at Shiv and his way of trying get people to buy his PROcede, he makes this upgrade program now that he is complaining of BMS copying them, bla bla bla.And him trying to blame BMS for blowing up and be careless about enrita car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Im really annyoed at Shiv and his way of trying get people to buy his PROcede, he makes this upgrade program now that he is complaining of BMS copying them, bla bla bla.And him trying to blame BMS for blowing up and be careless about enrita car!
    Oh that's nothing. You should hear some of the things he's told our customers to scare them in to buying his product. If you take a poll of 10 tuners that have experience with him 9 will tell you what he's really about and that last 1 is probably in his pocket. I guess such is life. The good news is we have a long term solution for him and his antics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope so, its really annyoing! Mike made a thread about the upcoming adnvaced JB3 options, its full of BS, and went wayyy off topic, cant even get any info for us JB3 owners.
    Then there is Enrita's thread over there where Shiv is only in there to see where he can comment over something about a tune not doing his JOB bla bla bla... And now of course using Enrita drunken pissed off euro response to blame BMS even more about about it being unsafe, bla bla bla... Its nice to talk smack about the other side when the other side can barely respond. All his evil ways i have seen throughout the years and just picking on BMS has made me stay away from Shiv and the PROcede, no matter how good it sounds and such. I just dont like that type of stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whatever, only the newbs are fooled, and that's usually only a few at that. With all the new N54 info NOT being migrated over there, the community can see that there are better options to find information.

Damn, $695 to upgrade? Im so glad he never responded to my original email, i wouldn't have been able to afford any of the stuff currently on my car just by trying to keep up with the revisions Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How much is a jb3+BT Tool+two o2 sims (the first one didn't work)+speed delimiter module+datalog cable?

And having no timing control? Well, that's priceless.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    How much is a jb3+BT Tool+two o2 sims (the first one didn't work)+speed delimiter module+datalog cable?

Click here to enlarge

I got a chuckle out of that one.

i'm not familiar w/ the upgrade program. Is it to the new RevII if you dont have the RevII box? Does it include pnp wiring?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I used to say you were predictable but I may need to that back. I fully expected you to include the BMS boost gauge in that list so I had taken the liberty of pulling up a photo of your (if I might add) awesome entry in to the N54 boost gauge market. But you foiled my plans. Click here to enlarge

Anyway where the DPFIX v1 didn't work we upgraded them to the v2 for the price difference ($15), few use the speed delimit, a USB/RS232 data logging cable is required for both system (not for long), and I'm still trying to find the button in the V4 interface to view freeze frame data, reset other modules or adaptions, or do anything remotely useful aside from sending a clear all codes command to the ECU.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 06-23-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Some forums like to silence the members. Those humans will not show up here.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sniz Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

I got a chuckle out of that one.

i'm not familiar w/ the upgrade program. Is it to the new RevII if you dont have the RevII box? Does it include pnp wiring?
    Yep and yep. Basically a $200 discount if you have owned a jb tune before. Or $300 if you trade-in your old PnP harness. Needless to say, Terrance Burger is stomping his feet.

shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What are the HP/TQ numbers from these 2 vendor humans? How has the setup that has less issues. What fuel is needed to run on the streets, or track to make the whoring numbers without blowing the motor up along with the turbos.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yep and yep. Basically a $200 discount if you have owned a jb tune before. Or $300 if you trade-in your old PnP harness. Needless to say, Terrance Burger is stomping his feet.

shiv
    coseh nanat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast