Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 123
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    642
    Rep Points
    720.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    This looks awesome and i cant wait to get more info on it, what will change and what it will help!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mike@n54tuning.com Click here to enlarge
    Did you also notice how quickly he deleted the post, but I guess I quoted it before he had a chance to make an edit.

    Mike
    I did not notice as I do not follow that board closely as,

    A. You have to wade through way too much BS to get to any useful information

    B. The hardcore BMW performance guys are gradually shifting to here so I would rather see what they have to say here.

    I am disappointed it was erased but hey, can't be erased here Click here to enlarge That works to Vishnu's detriment and advantage, same with BMS and anyone else. I would like to think we can work through any controversial information and let the user decide. Scary thing treating people like intelligent human beings who don't need to be spoon fed hand picked info.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    This looks awesome and i cant wait to get more info on it, what will change and what it will help!
    Well, we got a few tidbits from Terry. This is what I have gathered so far (If I am wrong Terry, go ahead and correct me):

    1. Higher cost than the JB3 which will still be used.
    2. Controlled initial roll out in 3 months or so.
    3. Ability to directly control timing.
    4. More advanced processor/memory capabilities
    5. Better sampling rate
    6. Better monitoring of all input/output channels
    7. CAN functionality
    8. Directly aimed at giving more to the end user as well as directly taking it to the main rival, Vishnu.
    9. Allow BMS to extend their reach into the upper dollar echelon going more upscale in cost and capability.
    10. Development has been under way for some time even before Terry announced that BMS would add CAN
    11. Features that are not available on any other piggyback (although may be available on the CP-E Standback or some of the flash tunes)

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,067
    Rep Points
    9,039.2
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Those are more or less accurate. I hate to refer to CPS offsetting as timing control as that is misleading but I'm happy to refer to it as an advance limiter. Really what we're looking to do is much more than your list though and as we finalize certain elements I'll be happier to publicly discuss them.

    One area way up in the air is the time frame. I'd like to be ready for public testing in 3 months but there is a lot of work yet to be done and many things have obscene lead times in this sort of volume. If we hit some snags that could easily turn to 4-5 months. But we've had 1.5 FTEs on it for the past month or so and have made excellent progress. We've also been dumping a lot of money in to inventory to get everything we need for the first batch of 1600.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Those are more or less accurate. I hate to refer to CPS offsetting as timing control as that is misleading but I'm happy to refer to it as an advance limiter. Really what we're looking to do is much more than your list though and as we finalize certain elements I'll be happier to publicly discuss them.

    One area way up in the air is the time frame. I'd like to be ready for public testing in 3 months but there is a lot of work yet to be done and many things have obscene lead times in this sort of volume. If we hit some snags that could easily turn to 4-5 months. But we've had 1.5 FTEs on it for the past month or so and have made excellent progress. We've also been dumping a lot of money in to inventory to get everything we need for the first batch of 1600.
    I'm not a psychic so there is definitely more than I listed but that is all I can surmize with the info you barely gave us that was like pulling teeth Click here to enlarge I'm sure there is a lot more and we will patiently wait until it is possible for you to reveal more.

    3 months is just a general frame, no is going to fault you for whatever development time is necessary as long as it does eventually come.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    642
    Rep Points
    720.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Good work on the listing Sticky!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    CAN version of the JB will be sick, Im sure.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    109
    Rep Points
    23.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Well well... Looks like it will hopefully be out around the time the weather starts cooling off down here!
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

    Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    642
    Rep Points
    720.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    What is all this talking on these other forums about Terry was always talking smack and said CAN will never be needed, etc.? Im not sure i ever saw this fight. Reading threads on e90post is getting bad for me.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,067
    Rep Points
    9,039.2
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    What is all this talking on these other forums about Terry was always talking smack and said CAN will never be needed, etc.? Im not sure i ever saw this fight. Reading threads on e90post is getting bad for me.
    It's hard to read those threads without risking brain damage sometimes. I'm sure if someone canvases my 25,000 posts over the past three years they can come up with a few examples of me saying that CAN is a fluff/marketing feature, not required for tuning, etc. And I still feel that way. But our more advanced customers want some of these marketing features. And a CAN transaciever costs $.94. So why not?

    People just get too bent out of shape on these things. I remember when someone posted a video of a JB3 car beating a similarly equipped procede car and someone from the peanut gallery asked if the procede flashes a light on the dash to to inform the driver he has just been spanked. That is the type of "bashing" they are talking about...

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I remember when someone posted a video of a JB3 car beating a similarly equipped procede car and someone from the peanut gallery asked if the procede flashes a light on the dash to to inform the driver he has just been spanked.
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    642
    Rep Points
    720.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's hard to read those threads without risking brain damage sometimes. I'm sure if someone canvases my 25,000 posts over the past three years they can come up with a few examples of me saying that CAN is a fluff/marketing feature, not required for tuning, etc. And I still feel that way. But our more advanced customers want some of these marketing features. And a CAN transaciever costs $.94. So why not?

    People just get too bent out of shape on these things. I remember when someone posted a video of a JB3 car beating a similarly equipped procede car and someone from the peanut gallery asked if the procede flashes a light on the dash to to inform the driver he has just been spanked. That is the type of "bashing" they are talking about...
    ROFL!!!! HAHA

  13. #63
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    People just get too bent out of shape on these things. I remember when someone posted a video of a JB3 car beating a similarly equipped procede car and someone from the peanut gallery asked if the procede flashes a light on the dash to to inform the driver he has just been spanked. That is the type of "bashing" they are talking about...
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    349.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's hard to read those threads without risking brain damage sometimes. I'm sure if someone canvases my 25,000 posts over the past three years they can come up with a few examples of me saying that CAN is a fluff/marketing feature, not required for tuning, etc. And I still feel that way. But our more advanced customers want some of these marketing features. And a CAN transaciever costs $.94. So why not?

    People just get too bent out of shape on these things. I remember when someone posted a video of a JB3 car beating a similarly equipped procede car and someone from the peanut gallery asked if the procede flashes a light on the dash to to inform the driver he has just been spanked. That is the type of "bashing" they are talking about...
    This is how things get thrown out of context, you just said it's a marketing feature. But yet some of your more "Advanced" users want that? If it's just marketing how can advanced users want it. I'm just trying to show how sometimes, people CAN interpret things the wrong way. And hence all the name calling, and all that other pretty stuff.

    I for one would love to see a JB3 with CAN features and timing control/influence whatever you wanna call it.
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    326
    Rep Points
    512.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    What is all this talking on these other forums about Terry was always talking smack and said CAN will never be needed, etc.? Im not sure i ever saw this fight. Reading threads on e90post is getting bad for me.
    +1...its getting a bit ridiculous..the only reason I go there now is to buy or sell stuff

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,067
    Rep Points
    9,039.2
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Most marketing features are more advanced features that the average user will not benefit from. Around 80% of our customer base runs tune only on map 3 or 5. They won't benefit from logging timing advance, they won't benefit from having lights flash on their dash (since they never change maps to start with), they won't benefit with extra I/O for methnaol and nitrous injection, they won't benefit from a built in down-pipe fix, etc. So from their perspective they are marketing features. For more advanced users that are fully modified the features are more useful. And the objective with this new board is to give those more advanced users a menu of advanced features they may benefit from.

    If you're the causal user looking to gain 50-80rw on your tune only car none of this new stuff is going to be of much benefit to you.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    326
    Rep Points
    512.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's hard to read those threads without risking brain damage sometimes. I'm sure if someone canvases my 25,000 posts over the past three years they can come up with a few examples of me saying that CAN is a fluff/marketing feature, not required for tuning, etc. And I still feel that way. But our more advanced customers want some of these marketing features. And a CAN transaciever costs $.94. So why not?

    People just get too bent out of shape on these things. I remember when someone posted a video of a JB3 car beating a similarly equipped procede car and someone from the peanut gallery asked if the procede flashes a light on the dash to to inform the driver he has just been spanked. That is the type of "bashing" they are talking about...
    lol

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    326
    Rep Points
    512.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    ...For more advanced users that are fully modified the features are more useful. And the objective with this new board is to give those more advanced users a menu of advanced features they may benefit from...

    .
    Cant wait!!!

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    I just want to know what this new revision will do that the procede can't. To me they all do the same thing, one has more features that I don't even use, one is cheaper, i don't really care, just give me the best tune for my car, and as of today the procede is that. I just want a preview of what specific features will be integrated in this new revision that the procede doesn't have, or won't have. I switched once, and I have no issues switching again if there is a must-have feature of the new rev JB that the Procede can't do.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,067
    Rep Points
    9,039.2
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I just want to know what this new revision will do that the procede can't. To me they all do the same thing, one has more features that I don't even use, one is cheaper, i don't really care, just give me the best tune for my car, and as of today the procede is that. I just want a preview of what specific features will be integrated in this new revision that the procede doesn't have, or won't have. I switched once, and I have no issues switching again if there is a must-have feature of the new rev JB that the Procede can't do.
    As I said you'll just have to wait and see with everyone else. When the timing is right we'll release information on some of the additional features. And if you feel like you have everything you could possibly ever want in a piggyback system then no reason to worry about what we're working on. Click here to enlarge

    The purpose of saying anything at all was just to let our customers know we're working on something big and have been for a little while. Saves everyone emailing me weekly asking what the next big update will be. Click here to enlarge

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    As I said you'll just have to wait and see with everyone else. When the timing is right we'll release information on some of the additional features. And if you feel like you have everything you could possibly ever want in a piggyback system then no reason to worry about what we're working on. Click here to enlarge

    The purpose of saying anything at all was just to let our customers know we're working on something big and have been for a little while. Saves everyone emailing me weekly asking what the next big update will be. Click here to enlarge
    When is the next big update?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,067
    Rep Points
    9,039.2
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    When is the next big update?
    Probably a few weeks before we go in to more detail on the planned features.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    As I said you'll just have to wait and see with everyone else. When the timing is right we'll release information on some of the additional features. And if you feel like you have everything you could possibly ever want in a piggyback system then no reason to worry about what we're working on. Click here to enlarge

    The purpose of saying anything at all was just to let our customers know we're working on something big and have been for a little while. Saves everyone emailing me weekly asking what the next big update will be. Click here to enlarge
    I wasn't on the offensive Terry, you know I still love you! I'm not even bashing, they were valid questions that I will find the answer to in the next few weeks I suppose.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    This new feature Terry is talking about is called sodaCAN.

    It is an advanced beverage dispensing system integrated into the methanol controller. So it begins dispensing your soda at some start psi, and then hits 100% max flow at some end psi that YOU SPECIFY.

    Trust me, the sodaCAN will be dominating your road trips and commutes to and from work.

    Get it now, 399.00 plus shipping.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    This new feature Terry is talking about is called sodaCAN.

    It is an advanced beverage dispensing system integrated into the methanol controller. So it begins dispensing your soda at some start psi, and then hits 100% max flow at some end psi that YOU SPECIFY.

    Trust me, the sodaCAN will be dominating your road trips and commutes to and from work.

    Get it now, 399.00 plus shipping.
    399.00 doesn't sound like BMS pricing,your thinking of someone else, move the decimal to the left one Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •