Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Why would they state that only existing customers would be able to get in on it?
    The same thing they did with the 2.0 to introduce it in a controlled manner. Make sure it is perfect, wouldn't make any sense to me to invest in a product and then not roll it out to everyone later. Clearly you can see this is meant to take BMS to the next level in tuning so they won't just limit themselves to previous customers as they are attempting to tap into the sector that Vishnu now dominates and have the whole pie. That is how I see it at least.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    To existing JB3 customers period or do you plan to expand this later? Is this just your plan initially?
    Who knows. We're not overly concerned with those types of details right now. Knee deep in development.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Who knows. We're not overly concerned with those types of details right now. Knee deep in development.
    Uh huh Click here to enlarge As it should be.

So share some freaking development details already Click here to enlarge

Would you at least tell us what we were looking at?

Edit: The third pic just looks like RAM.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Clearly it's a dime... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I'll get something, I'm persistent. Come on now, I even had to go and manually add that baseball bat smiley just for that post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

What about what is inside the anti-static packaging? Click here to enlarge Clearly precious metals don't need to be protected from static-shock, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm interested to see if the new JB hardware does anything to play with timing (CPS offset, or more direct control)? Given Terry has indicated in the past very strongly against the need for it, that would be a major change of face IMHO.

All the other tunes do so if they are playing catch up I guess it will be an included feature.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

No matter what, if the customers are asking for it, Terry will have to give it to them, even if he thinks it wasnt needed , etc. That is how it tuning world works Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been around since JB1 and 2 days, does that mean I get an early crack at it? Click here to enlarge
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WOPALX Click here to enlarge
    I'm interested to see if the new JB hardware does anything to play with timing (CPS offset, or more direct control)? Given Terry has indicated in the past very strongly against the need for it, that would be a major change of face IMHO.

All the other tunes do so if they are playing catch up I guess it will be an included feature.
    It has it as we needed it to allow universal use beyond the N54. But its still primarily a marketing feature on the N54. With nitrous or very high boost levels we may find some performance benefit there but that is still unknown. Last time I checked we held the N54 dyno record @ 542rw with cats and if anything I'd add top end timing given the logs not remove it.

I think a lot of you PROCede owners like to propagate the thought that we follow but in reality that hasn't always been the case. Many of the features of your tune such as fuel pressure control, clean single box harness, netbook compatible interface, more than 2 maps, pedal interface, etc, originated with us. Some functions such as boost control with the JB3 are handled differently than any other tune out there. Many other features like our vent gauge integration, user adjustable air/fuel ratios, user shapeable power curve, etc, are still unique to our tuning. Many of the features you tout originated with other tunes. CPE was really the pioneer for stand alone boost control on the N54 and no one can dispute that. The Haltech miniceptor has offered CAN integration since 2007.

Like Mike said a lot of the features we have planned are not available on any other piggyback today. We're also very reasonable with our pricing as most know. With a top of the line box, better support, and a wider customer base, I expect we can dramatically push the market prices of these high end tunes down a notch or two. That will ultimately be a win/win for the community as others will need to follow. And if in the process we cause a vocal hater or two to loose some money on his/her future resale value I guess that will just be an added bonus. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 06-23-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

ah so now you will admit that you want/need to control timing on your new JB4 or whatever, knew that was coming sooner or later Click here to enlarge. will you implement it on the n54?

the most recent tunes I have driven on a n54 were the 5-x autotune procede (looks like there is a newer one out now) and I believe a 2.0 JB3 (no idea what iteration), both manual cars. At this point Id say the NoCede car felt a lot better in throttle transitions, repeatability, off boost feel, and shifting. You have some catch up to do there so hopefully your timing ability will do the trick for your customers. Your power numbers have never been an issue, but unless you only drive on a dyno or a drag strip that shouldnt be the #1 concern.

I'm excited to see what you both do with the n55 and the DCT tranny.

Keep pushing the boundaries Terry, better for the whole n54 community as a whole.
    Last edited by sniz; 06-23-2010 at 05:40 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sniz Click here to enlarge
    ah so now you will admit that you want/need to control timing, knew that was coming sooner or later Click here to enlarge.

Keep pushing the boundaries Terry, better for the whole n54 community as a whole.
    LOL CPS offsetting does not equal timing control. It is simply an advance limiter. Limiting advance from some max set point the ECU bases on load, time under boost, baro, IAT, etc. We need the functionality for non-N54 applications that do not run an adaptive timing system. But for those N54 people who believe in it the functionality will be there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Where the $#@! is the eating popcorn smiley?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

LOL CPS offsetting does not equal timing control. It is simply an advance limiter. Limiting advance from some max set point the ECU bases on load, time under boost, baro, IAT, etc. We need the functionality for non-N54 applications that do not run an adaptive timing system. But for those N54 people who believe in it the functionality will be there.
    ok Terry. so what do you plan on doing with it for the n54? What other platforms?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But its still primarily a marketing feature on the N54. With nitrous or very high boost levels we may find some performance benefit there but that is still unknown. Last time I checked we held the N54 dyno record @ 542rw with cats and if anything I'd add top end timing given the logs not remove it.
    Peak numbers are only one measure of performance; reliability, repeatability and safety are critical aspects that are not necessarily represented in dyno numbers.

As you add other power adders such as Meth or Nitrous the ability to make pro-active changes to timing in the event of something not going to plan is very important and a key feature of all tunes that offer it. Safety systems such as these may have even saved Enrita, however that is of course speculative and by no means am I bashing the tune he was using at the time of the failure.

It good to see however that your tune will be improved through the addition of this feature, the growth of all tunes is making the N54 platform so much better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

ok Terry. so what do you plan on doing with it for the n54? What other platforms?
    The immediate application, aside from the N54, is the N55.

For our N55 "Stage 2" and "Stage 3" tuning we'll need a lot more I/O than the current G3 can accommodate. It requires more sophisticated control than the N55 and while it also has an adaptive timing system it appears to be more limited in its range.

We had three embedded projects running concurrently including CAN for the JB3, a N55 specific board, and another project. Common sense prevailed and we decided to throw everything together on the same board and then sprinkle in a few things I've wanted for a long time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

It has it as we needed it to allow universal use beyond the N54. But its still primarily a marketing feature on the N54. With nitrous or very high boost levels we may find some performance benefit there but that is still unknown. Last time I checked we held the N54 dyno record @ 542rw with cats and if anything I'd add top end timing given the logs not remove it.

I think a lot of you PROCede owners like to propagate the thought that we follow but in reality that hasn't always been the case. Many of the features of your tune such as fuel pressure control, clean single box harness, netbook compatible interface, more than 2 maps, pedal interface, etc, originated with us. Some functions such as boost control with the JB3 are handled differently than any other tune out there. Many other features like our vent gauge integration, user adjustable air/fuel ratios, user shapeable power curve, etc, are still unique to our tuning. Many of the features you tout originated with other tunes. CPE was really the pioneer for stand alone boost control on the N54 and no one can dispute that. The Haltech miniceptor has offered CAN integration since 2007.

Like Mike said a lot of the features we have planned are not available on any other piggyback today. We're also very reasonable with our pricing as most know. With a top of the line box, better support, and a wider customer base, I expect we can dramatically push the market prices of these high end tunes down a notch or two. That will ultimately be a win/win for the community as others will need to follow. And if in the process we cause a vocal hater or two to loose some money on his/her future resale value I guess that will just be an added bonus. Click here to enlarge
    Amazing what happens when you use text instead of smilies Click here to enlarge

Some nice information here. The timing control is not quite as big as it was blown up to be but certainly no one would mind having direct control and it is preferred.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The immediate application, aside from the N54, is the N55.

For our N55 "Stage 2" and "Stage 3" tuning we'll need a lot more I/O than the current G3 can accommodate. It requires more sophisticated control than the N55 and while it also has an adaptive timing system it appears to be more limited in its range.

We had three embedded projects running concurrently including CAN for the JB3, a N55 specific board, and another project. Common sense prevailed and we decided to throw everything together on the same board and then sprinkle in a few things I've wanted for a long time.
    Obviously it the N54 and N55 will be the primary concern but what about diesels and what about the N63?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Where the $#@! is the eating popcorn smiley?
    Click here to enlarge

It is "pop" (replace the quotes with : )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Obviously it the N54 and N55 will be the primary concern but what about diesels and what about the N63?
    The diesel (JBD) and N52 (PBX) will remain on the 8-bit platform. We have more than enough processing power to handle those with it. For future applications it will be similar to how it is for the N54, N55, etc. An 8-bit entry level product and a 16-bit advanced product.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Sniz,
    Come to cp-e on Saturday and I'll add my cp-e Standback to your "review". I'll bet you'll be impressed. Terry and Shiv aren't the only ones out there pushing the envelope...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    Sniz,
    Come to cp-e on Saturday and I'll add my cp-e Standback to your "review". I'll bet you'll be impressed. Terry and Shiv aren't the only ones out there pushing the envelope...
    hey man!! love to get down there

I'll be at a blues festival w my GF and her daughter at Sandy Point on Saturday.

I want to get my M3 on cp-e's dyno Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You're not gonna like that much. That dyno reads so low it's comical. Fine for tuning but for numbers you're going to want something more generous. Let me know when you're ready. I can get you on there any time.

hey man!! love to get down there

I'll be at a blues festival w my GF and her daughter at Sandy Point on Saturday.

I want to get my M3 on cp-e's dyno Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    You're not gonna like that much. That dyno reads so low it's comical. Fine for tuning but for numbers you're going to want something more generous. Let me know when you're ready. I can get you on there any time.

lol....your probably right

car is getting custom dyno tuned July 24th in NJ, cant wait.

ok back on topic.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I saw this statement from Adrian regarding the evolution of the BMS product and I wanted to address it:

I find this difficult to accept considering how often I have seen first hand right here Shiv take shots at the JB3 as being inferior and basically considering it nothing more than a boost controller. Now the latter part may be accurate in certain respects but why would that not be considered a put down? It is a bit hypocritical to tell MikeN54tech to refrain from taking shots at the Procede considering how often Vishnu takes shots at BMS.

One more point to address:

Welcome to business 101. Call me crazy, but the day of the 1k tune and advocating it on the basis of certain features the JB3 is not capable of looks to be coming to an end.
    Did you also notice how quickly he deleted the post, but I guess I quoted it before he had a chance to make an edit. The Vishnu boys have been out in full force trolling the JB3 threads in the last few days over on e90... Can't go to the bathroom without coming back to some form of attack. Now Shiv has forced me to take the ipad to the bathroom Click here to enlarge LOL

Mike
    Last edited by mike@n54tuning.com; 06-23-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast